Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I've been getting kinda fed up with some competitive shooters lately and looking to find a cooperative one that I can relax with (trying to pick up The Division 2 again right now). I see that Insurgency just landed on Game Pass and has both co-op and competitive modes, but is it a worthwhile game if I just want to do the co-op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Monster Hunter on gamepass would be pog. hope it’s true. I literally just bought it on switch but 4K/60 is what’s up

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

webmeister posted:

there's a new test drive coming? gently caress yeah, i loved unlimited 1 & 2 back in the day

it's called Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown (stupid rear end name) and it's probably going to suck bad but who knows it could be good

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

404notfound posted:

I've been getting kinda fed up with some competitive shooters lately and looking to find a cooperative one that I can relax with (trying to pick up The Division 2 again right now). I see that Insurgency just landed on Game Pass and has both co-op and competitive modes, but is it a worthwhile game if I just want to do the co-op?

Coop is basically "clear bots from the map" or "clear bots from these spots on the map"

There is no story or campaign to it. Its a tweaked version of MP just with bots. And there are no unlocks or progression. You get to spend money earned on your clothes, which all fit the theme of "security vs insurgency"

If you can get friends together it could be fun for a weekend or so.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love Sandstorm co-op. My favorite type of terrorist hunt.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

barnold posted:

it's called Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown (stupid rear end name) and it's probably going to suck bad but who knows it could be good

true of all things but particularly gaming:
everything sucks until proven otherwise

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is only Capcom Arcade Stadium 1 and Arcade Stadium 2

I want a 3.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

I want a 3.

I want a version of arcade stadium where all of the games are in a single launcher. Seems ridiculous i cant transfer the games from arcade stadium 1 into 2 like how rock band did it over a decade ago.

Actually, i think i just want a modern version of game room without the terrible pricing and questionable list of games. Everything else about it was great.

the rat fandom fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 1, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RE2 is very scary and stressful, lol :ohdear:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Soccer Story is cribbing from Golf Story immensely, and in some ways it's very successful. All of the running around completing random side missions is fine. Big problem: In Golf Story, the actual golfing is a lot of fun, whereas in Soccer Story the actual soccer is bizarrely difficult to control and tough to follow.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Yea I tried soccer story last night and I was tackled immediately every time I got the ball lol

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Apparently Cultic is coming out on the Xbox in 2022, but its December and theres been no news. I really wanna play that game (on my couch)!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Barudak posted:

I want a 3.

I mean, it's right there unless I'm missing the joke.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I mean, it's right there unless I'm missing the joke.

They just released a second collection with 32 more games. The one with the pink background instead of the yellow.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

the rat fandom posted:

I want a version of arcade stadium where all of the games are in a single launcher. Seems ridiculous i cant transfer the games from arcade stadium 1 into 2 like how rock band did it over a decade ago.

Actually, i think i just want a modern version of game room without the terrible pricing and questionable list of games. Everything else about it was great.

Same. I want a single launcher that has all of them in it. Its weird Arcade Stadium 2 doesn't have that feature given how much other love got poured into these collections.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

teagone posted:

Lickers gonna lick

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Snyderman posted:

They just released a second collection with 32 more games. The one with the pink background instead of the yellow.

"Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium". I can't abide confusing numbering on this, the Xbox 4.

EDIT: jesus why the gently caress did this need to be a separate game

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 1, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Arcade Stadium 2 is weird because it released with Vampire Savior and all the other Darkstalker games just a few months after Capcom put out a fighting collection that included them with rollback net code

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

hatty posted:

Arcade Stadium 2 is weird because it released with Vampire Savior and all the other Darkstalker games just a few months after Capcom put out a fighting collection that included them with rollback net code

Someone at Capcom was trying to boost the Darkstalkers numbers so maybe they'll actually make another one....they're never going to make another Darkstalkers game :(

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

404notfound posted:

Deep Rock Galactic is pretty chill or hardcore (if you run the higher difficulties)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

barnold posted:

Test Drive Unlimited 1 & 2 were amazing games for their time. Loading up a custom mp3 soundtrack and cruising around was so chill.

I would be happy if the new one dialed back the constant Horizon dopamine triggers for a more relaxed vibe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

teagone posted:

I got trapped in the locker room with Mr. X and two lickkers outside and it was one of the most stresssful things I’ve played lol

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

404notfound posted:

Deep Rock Galactic was posted, but you can just do quests in Destiny 2 and not bother with pvp. Or Sea of Thieves, Grounded, and if you want to completely chill out, Powerwash Simulator.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More Game Pass! MORE GAME PASS.

COMING:
Today: Eastward (Cloud, Console, and PC), The Walking Dead: The Final Season (Cloud, Console, and PC), Totally Reliable Delivery Service (PC)
Dec 6: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Cloud, Console, and PC), Hello Neighbor 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dec 8: Chained Echoes (Cloud, Console, and PC), Metal: Hellsinger (Xbox One)
Dec 13: High On Life (Cloud, Console, and PC), Potion Craft (Console and PC)
Dec 15: Hot Wheels Unleashed – Game of the Year Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC), Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Dec 15:
Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Breathedge (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lake (Cloud, Console, and PC)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Neoverse (Cloud and Console)
Race with Ryan (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (Console) EA Play
Transformers: Battlegrounds (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just bought Skywalker Saga on Steam lol. Ah well at least I can play it on the go

Anyone who hasn’t played Firewatch and likes narrative games owes it to themselves to give it a shot

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, my girls have never played a Lego game, they're going to flip.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Skywalker Saga looks amazing on Series X

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Escobarbarian posted:

Just bought Skywalker Saga on Steam lol. Ah well at least I can play it on the go

Anyone who hasn’t played Firewatch and likes narrative games owes it to themselves to give it a shot

Just the first five minutes of that game is soul crushingly depressing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lego Star Wars ftw

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Can't wait to try Star Wars and I really wanted to play Hot Wheels so this owns.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Stoked for Callisto Protocol tonight/tomorrow

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Record of Lodoss War is a great metroidvania game and DQXI is probably one of the best ever made in the genre. Sucks they are leaving but I already played them so on a personal level w/e

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
smh if you dont already own DQ11 outright on some platform or another

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Was trying out Darktide PC last night and for a semi-budget game it looks really great. The prologue etc is pretty good for an introduction!

Of course when I played I got matched with randos who just left me for dead when I got hit by an electric net gun and then flamethrowered but that's not really the game's fault.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Deedlit Lodoss Labyrinth Record War is only a few hours long and doesn't do anything all that special for the genre but I enjoyed it, the sound and visuals are excellent. Perfect game pass game. I recommend knocking it out before it's gone

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had a ton of weird bugs in skywalker saga which made me stop finding collectibles. Probably long fixed by now.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I had no idea Eastward was coming to Game Pass. Been meaning to go back to my game on Switch, but it has been long enough to where I guess I'll start over on the Series X.

Definitely worth trying out if you're into weirdly dark Earthbound-y action RPGs. Fair warning: It's not a quick jaunt. Railroading the main quest it's still about 20 hours long, and there's a good amount of side stuff that probably adds another 10 if you're taking your time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I only got past the first act/opening town of eastward and the sheet amount of weird dialogue turned me way off*. The pixel art is really good though.

*I've never played earthbound so I have zero nostalgia for that type of thing if that's what it's imping

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lammasu posted:

Just the first five minutes of that game is soul crushingly depressing.

Choosing to think you are talking about Skywalker Saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Am I remembering right that people were saying that Hot Wheels game is really difficult?