Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Speaking of, my DRG-playing friends keep hitting V hoping for a "For the Emperor" shout but no luck :haw:

this absence is also fatshark warcrimes

(we made up for it by having one of our party members yelling at pubbies to take action in Saltzpyres voice)

(100% success rate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I named my Ogryn Hasanabi and picked the smallest head I could

What's Zealot's best horde/cleave weapon? Thunder Hammer has great cleave on the heavy but low damage, and it's hard to nail specials with the charged hit if they're in a horde. Chainsword only seems to get through 5-6 dudes on Heresy and the push attack even fewer (and stops even sooner if anyone's got armor). The non-sci-first swords have good cleave but bad damage and I suspect bad single target abilities.

Basically I want a vt2 executioner sword which was good at everything. If nobody has something like that I actually think it would be a good thing long-term but I want to make sure.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

big cummers ONLY posted:

What's Zealot's best horde/cleave weapon? Thunder Hammer has great cleave on the heavy but low damage, and it's hard to nail specials with the charged hit if they're in a horde. Chainsword only seems to get through 5-6 dudes on Heresy and the push attack even fewer (and stops even sooner if anyone's got armor). The non-sci-first swords have good cleave but bad damage and I suspect bad single target abilities.

Basically I want a vt2 executioner sword which was good at everything. If nobody has something like that I actually think it would be a good thing long-term but I want to make sure.

You want the MkIII butcher knife.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there a way to see which missions you need to do with a specific class on malice/heresy to get the penances for doing every mission on that difficulty?

Because I need this helmet

Edit: Also, I've done and helped a bunch of people in random groups do penances for the last 2 days. Just ask in chat, and it's likely people won't mind helping you.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 1, 2022

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

My ogryn is the extremely unoriginal CousinOkri but I saw a CousinOgri last night that’s making me question my commitment to the name.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
4 ogryns continue to be meta. We did a 4* ammo raid last night and did the meme cheevo where nobody left cohesion and did it first try.

The hilarity of 4 dumb oafs coordinating their movements (and those of their ogryn characters) to a meticulous degree was absolutely hilarious, especially when the beast of Nurgle showed up towards the end.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Is there a way to see which missions you need to do with a specific class on malice/heresy to get the penances for doing every mission on that difficulty?

Because I need this helmet

Edit: Also, I've done and helped a bunch of people in random groups do penances for the last 2 days. Just ask in chat, and it's likely people won't mind helping you.

You need to one of every type, not every mission. No, the game doesn't tell you what's you've done already.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

4 ogryns continue to be meta. We did a 4* ammo raid last night and did the meme cheevo where nobody left cohesion and did it first try.

The hilarity of 4 dumb oafs coordinating their movements (and those of their ogryn characters) to a meticulous degree was absolutely hilarious, especially when the beast of Nurgle showed up towards the end.

It was the most tactical group of Ogryn to ever exist in the history of the Imperium.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

DeathSandwich posted:

That penance was actually changed to only require having at least one other member in cohesion at all times, I did it with a random pubby earlier today.

Legit Businessman posted:

You need to one of every type, not every mission. No, the game doesn't tell you what's you've done already.

Yeah, type, sorry. And that's what I figured, shame.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Legit Businessman posted:

No, the game doesn't tell you what's you've done already.

Super annoying!

There are so many small quality of life pieces like this missing that should be obvious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm at work so I can't check to see where exactly it is but there are separate penances for 50+ completions of each mission type that you can check the progress of, so last night when we were trying to figure out which ones we had to do we looked for the mission type penances that we were still 0/50 for to know which needed to be done yet.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watched a stream and it seems like the vets power sword buff was lasting much longer than 3 seconds. Is there a way to buff it the time of it?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone completed a side quest yet? Finding grimoires seems near impossible, usually finish the mission with only 1.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also I have a weekly mission to kill 750 dregs in melee but despite killing a whole ton of them the number has hardly budged. What does this game consider "melee"? I assumed any melee weapon would work I've been switching between chain sword and axe but the number hasn't gone up.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Popete posted:

Also I have a weekly mission to kill 750 dregs in melee but despite killing a whole ton of them the number has hardly budged. What does this game consider "melee"? I assumed any melee weapon would work but I've been switching between chain sword and axe but the number hasn't gone up.

dregs arent the huge masses of enemies you fight. scabs are the tough armored guys, dregs are the ones with yellowish rags. the regular masses dont count for anything afaik

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Popete posted:

Also I have a weekly mission to kill 750 dregs in melee but despite killing a whole ton of them the number has hardly budged. What does this game consider "melee"? I assumed any melee weapon would work but I've been switching between chain sword and axe but the number hasn't gone up.

IIRC Dregs aren't just "low level enemies", they're a specific type that might or might not spawn during a mission. The game pulls from a set list of different factions for the map and the dregs are only on one of them

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are you killing dregs specifically? They're the guys in the yellow coats so you need to be playing a mission with dreg enemy types for it to count. I had a similar question about the ranged dregs kills though, like does the secondary explosion from my Thumper grenade count as a ranged kill?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

explosivo posted:

You want the MkIII butcher knife.

My post was confusing because I started with my Ogryn name, but I'm looking for zealot weapons. Unless they have a butcher knife I haven't seen yet

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, that is probably it then. This game really loves to name things very specifically but nowhere are you told what they are.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

big cummers ONLY posted:

My post was confusing because I started with my Ogryn name, but I'm looking for zealot weapons. Unless they have a butcher knife I haven't seen yet

Oh, my bad! Yeah I totally misread that, I have no idea about zealot weapons :shobon:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

Atrox axe is pretty good. Not huge amounts of cleave, but it has a good attack pattern and I find it does just fine with hordes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Atrox Mk 5 for a general purpose, always good head remover. Eviscerator for high horde clear. Combat Knife for high horde control but slower clear and more maneuverability through dodges.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
I *think*, though it's hard to tell without a kill counter, that kills made by your teammates also count for your contracts? At the very least I keep completing ranged kill contracts fairly quickly despite having my melee weapon out like 80+% of the time.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I don't think anything quite hits the same note as executioner sword. The eviscerator might come close, but I tried it last night and thought both it and the thunder hammer were merely okay. The evis overhead isn't the destroyer of worlds that the executioner is. They didn't really set my world on fire or anything.

If you are valuing cleave above all else, you should be playing ogryn, it's really more their niche. Shield, shovel, club, and all the knives all have crazy cleave combos that knock dudes over like Dominos to boot and have moderate to passible armor pen and single target overheads to pop stragglers.

Zealot weapons all kinds of exist on that triangle stat thing with Speed, Cleave, and power/pen on each of the points. The basic sword lives at the cleave point, the combat knife at the speed point, and the heavy axe at the power point, with most everything else living somewhere in between those points.

For what it's worth, I was using the basic bitch chainsword last night and had a really good time. It's way faster than it's contemporaries, had that wide sweep strong attack, yet still has bite with the Charged attack on mutants and other stragglers that Have To Die. I absolutely do not understand the people making GBS threads on it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, I'm kinda sick of endless horde.
Yeah, I know it's called "Hi-intensity" now, but it's not fooling me!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mesadoram posted:

Watched a stream and it seems like the vets power sword buff was lasting much longer than 3 seconds. Is there a way to buff it the time of it?
I've never been able to figure out how the power sword activation buff works; in testing it always turns off after two attacks that hit an enemy, so killing two individual pox walkers, cleaving two groups of pox walkers, or hitting a mauler twice will all deactivate the buff. However every once in a while it'll let me get three attacks in, and in a real mission I've sometimes gone 6+ heavy attacks through a horde before it turns off so who knows. :iiam:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Exodee posted:

I *think*, though it's hard to tell without a kill counter, that kills made by your teammates also count for your contracts? At the very least I keep completing ranged kill contracts fairly quickly despite having my melee weapon out like 80+% of the time.

They do, it’s possible to have contracts complete while you’re loading in which is pretty funny.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

big cummers ONLY posted:

The Eviscerator is a very strong all around weapon that handles hordes pretty well. Heavy -> Light -> Repeat while dodging is the bread and butter, with judicious use of Heavy -> Push Attack if you get swarmed or you need a second to rev up its Special Action. Special Action Heavy against Ragers and Ogryn, Special Action Light against lone Shotgunners, Gunners, and any Specials who pop up around a corner in melee range.

Some of the Zealot Feats compliment the weapon particularly well. Punishment and Rising Conviction offer a ton of bonus stagger and damage once you get a melee rhythm, and Thy Wrath Be Swift means it won't be easily interrupted. I like it a lot.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there a running master list of all the poo poo that's hosed currently, it'd be nice to have it all in one place

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

DeathSandwich posted:

Gonna find out that all Ogryn have those PS3 chips that were supposed to make your games run faster if your fridge had them, too.

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007

Popete posted:

Also I have a weekly mission to kill 750 dregs in melee but despite killing a whole ton of them the number has hardly budged. What does this game consider "melee"? I assumed any melee weapon would work I've been switching between chain sword and axe but the number hasn't gone up.

I've had at least 2 missions fail to progress my weeklies, so I think there's a bug going about. No problem getting xp or cash, but I've even had the in-game alert that I completed a task fire up, but then after the mission there's no progress. I think those were missions I joined part of the way through? Maybe I'm remembering wrong? But definitely #notallmissions are progressing weeklies

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

is there a running master list of all the poo poo that's hosed currently, it'd be nice to have it all in one place

Usually they have a known issues included in patch notes. I'm sure it's not 100% inclusive, but it's a start.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

SterlingSylver posted:

I've had at least 2 missions fail to progress my weeklies, so I think there's a bug going about. No problem getting xp or cash, but I've even had the in-game alert that I completed a task fire up, but then after the mission there's no progress. I think those were missions I joined part of the way through? Maybe I'm remembering wrong? But definitely #notallmissions are progressing weeklies

I’ve run into this problem a lot and I didn’t have time to finish my weeklies last week because of it— I had a good five runs in a row where it just didn’t count.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

Speaking of, my DRG-playing friends keep hitting V hoping for a "For the Emperor" shout but no luck :haw:

Gundam Evolution has an "X to 'Nice'" function every time a teammate helps you up, does an objective, gets a total team kill, or you win. It's brilliant.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

deep rock galactic is so super solid in every way, i know that fatshark probably didn't want to get in legal hot water but they absolutely should've stolen more poo poo from it

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
With any luck we should see some interesting 2hander options for all the classes, depending on how deep Fatshark wants to dive into the background and how much rules-bending GW allows.

Zealots have all kinds of wacky heretic-smashing tools to pull from, like combination polearm-flamethrowers that Cawdor mooks wield on Necromunda to electric-powered medieval flails attached to arm-stumps that arco-flagellants use.

Guardsmen have fewer options, but units do make use of heavy breaching/trench-clearing tools like axes and clubs in Killteam and various books. I could also see a Rough Rider lance making it in, or even half-realized, canon-questionable stuff like Catachan dueling glaives or whatever those space-katanas were from that one Abnett novel.

You can take pretty much anything and turn it into a "force _____," but I'd love to see the psyker get downright heretical with xenos poo poo like wraithbone spears and shaper staves.

Ogryns have it the hardest, as they don't have that much background to draw on. Beyond improvised hunks of concrete, a good starting point would probably be to take inspiration from the ogryn slave faction in Necromunda and make up some gnarly-rear end mining and construction hardware. I wanna cave a monster's face in with a weaponized jackhammer, dammit!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's weird switching from playing Ogryn almost exclusively and going to the other characters which have weapons which can really, really murder the armoured enemies quickly. It's a good balance tbh, ogryn to knock stuff down and other people to actually kill the hell out of it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ogryns had a shock/force maul in trailers and power claws leaked, at least.

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 1, 2022

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ogryn just wield an entire Leman Russ as a melee weapon.

I love those stubby-rear end little idiot tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

according to this picture my brother just sent me for all the poo poo darktide's launch is wading through it seemed to go unexpectedly well (concurrent player numbers):