Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Parkingtigers posted:

The Zune was a good gag for something set in 2014 and for someone who hasn't been back to Earth yet. In a special set at least 10 years later, and having actually visited his home planet (for an unspecified amount of time) the GameBoy was a pretty lame gift that doesn't work beyond lol he's stuck in the past.

It's because in Infinity War he was playing on a space handheld that looks a lot like a classic GameBoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

Why would they hire a child actor to play child Star Lord when they could have just filmed Chris Pratt and shrunk him? Is it because Disney is too poor??

Cowards should have done a Walk Hard and just have Chris Pratt say during that scene he’s just a 14 year old boy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aipsh posted:

I thought the holiday special sucked and it was very weirdly shot with lots of lingering, awkward silent scenes and not enough dialogue, and the dialogue that was there fell flat at every moment. I got the distinct impression Pratt and Bautista didn't want to be there at all

They both seemed completely normal.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

They both seemed completely normal.
They didn't to me, but that's only because everybody was acting a hair off-model. Literally everybody. Enough that I'm convinced it was something Gunn told everyone to do because none of the stars of the Star Wars Holiday Special and its contemporaries look like they want to be there one tiny bit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iVvOofNWVY

The special has actually been in the works for years and COVID and other hang-ups delayed it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Chris Pratt is so good at acting depressed and sad that people ACTUALLY think he was depressed or sad

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think he was depressed I think he wasn't acting good.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

stev posted:

I don't think he was depressed I think he wasn't acting good.

Have the people who said that Crisp Ratt can't act excited when directed to not watched Parks & Rec?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm glad that they let Drax wear a jacket since it probably saved Bautista a couple hours in the makeup chair every day, and he could maybe eat a hamburger

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-KaITK-gQ

AI generated concept art

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Wait...wait, wait, wait; did that AI generator just include Phastos as a character in it's fictional movie all on it's own, or was that something the person specifying what to do told it to include? 'Cause honestly, I'd watch the poo poo out of that movie. There's some really cool looking designs in there. The Black Panther suit looks kickin' rad, and even a lot of the general costuming is good. There is the goofy looking zebra canoes, but I'm not even sure I'd hate them if played straight and not called out as goofy joke.

I saw someone in the comments suggest this as a Disney+ take on Game of Thrones, and I'd be all over that poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would be nice of Disney to give Boyega make good after doing him dirty in Star Wars

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They made up to Oscar Isaac, after all. Boyega should be next on their list.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

They should definitely make this.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm glad that they let Drax wear a jacket since it probably saved Bautista a couple hours in the makeup chair every day, and he could maybe eat a hamburger

I thought I read an interview where one of the reason he wanted to give up Drax is he wanted to just enjoy his 50's without worrying about looking alright shirtless all the time, so I bet that was part of it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dude's been professionally buff for 20 years, let him eat a goddam pizza

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Yep, it's a goofy fan pitch but God-drat would I watch the poo poo out of that series.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Another fake trailer dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3V5KDHRQvk

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The guy who made that must be quite a nerd to include such deep cuts like Lylla.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Those were New Men at the start, right?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Technowolf posted:

Those were New Men at the start, right?

Considering the High Evolutionary is one of the primary villains, definitely looks like a Counter Earth and New Men mashup.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Considering the High Evolutionary is one of the primary villains, definitely looks like a Counter Earth and New Men mashup.

I think it's meant to be Rocket's home (or point of origin, anyway), Halfworld. They're presumably altering the comics so the High Evolutionary uplifted the resident animals instead of the robot guards, which is perfectly acceptable all things considered.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Rarity posted:

Chris Pratt is not a 14 year old boy

Wyatt Oleff couldn't be that busy...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jedit posted:

I think it's meant to be Rocket's home (or point of origin, anyway), Halfworld. They're presumably altering the comics so the High Evolutionary uplifted the resident animals instead of the robot guards, which is perfectly acceptable all things considered.
The opening part of the trailer where it looks like they landed on Earth but it's inhabited by animal people is what is leading people to think that they are doing something with Counter-Earth.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

FlamingLiberal posted:

The opening part of the trailer where it looks like they landed on Earth but it's inhabited by animal people is what is leading people to think that they are doing something with Counter-Earth.

That’s just a Star Trek cold opening.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Is there no thread for the Willow series on D+? First two episodes were lots of fun.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Hobo Clown posted:

But what about his sensitive nipples???

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

El Tortuga posted:

Mantis got him a cream for that.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Soonmot posted:

Is there no thread for the Willow series on D+? First two episodes were lots of fun.

Disagreed

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Willow is a series? I'm sure its fine but I thought it was a movie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You're thinking of the 80s one

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

El Tortuga posted:

Band-Aids, like marathon runners

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wild that they've made a Buffy spinoff after all this time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiberius Christ posted:

Willow is a series? I'm sure its fine but I thought it was a movie

There was a movie, now there's a sequel series. I haven't read enough about it to know if it's based on the sequel novels or not

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Azhais posted:

There was a movie, now there's a sequel series. I haven't read enough about it to know if it's based on the sequel novels or not

I never read the sequel novels, but I know Madmartigen was involved in them, so I don't think they are. And I vaguely remember George Lucas being involved in the story of those, and the only credit I think he gets on this show is the standard, "Based on characters created by George Lucas" credit, so I don't think it has anything to do with those books.

This appears to be a new story created by Jonathan Kasdan. (And the second episode is written by Bob Dolman, who wrote the original movie.)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Never knew there were novels and I haven't watched the movie since the 90s, but I really enjoyed the first two episodes. They give no shits about having a consistent fantasy accent so everyone is using what I'm assuming is their normal one and it loving rocks. It's kind of anachronistic with it's dialogue, which I love and the actors look like they're having a lot of fun. Karli from Falcon and Winter Soldier is in here and we have an actual queer relationship between her character and the princess. The way they're developing the Prince she's in an arranged marriage to is actually cool and interesting and shits all over the fantasy tropes we're used too. Honestly, the worst thing about the show was actually Warrick Davis reading his lines really stilted in a flashback. Like, you were the Leprechaun, my guy, I know you can chew some scenery. Bad guys are pretty cool looking too. This is a nice fun chaser to after the prestige drama of Andor. Also this song from the end credits of episode 1 loving slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRWfyDpGu0c

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

I never read the sequel novels, but I know Madmartigen was involved in them, so I don't think they are.

Madmartigen / Sorsha are fridged in the opening chapter of the first book, this series has nothing to do with the books (which I know get ripped to shreds online, but I liked them when they came out? Haven't re-read them in decades though)

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Madmartigen / Sorsha are fridged in the opening chapter of the first book, this series has nothing to do with the books (which I know get ripped to shreds online, but I liked them when they came out? Haven't re-read them in decades though)

They seem to be an unrelated idea Chris Claremont had that he awkwardly jammed Willow into, since he destroys the universe almost immediately and Willow changes his name. The 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back podcast covered the first one. They consistently rank it low on there list of bad books as it is a joyless slog.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Should I be watching the movie Willow before the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pik_d posted:

Should I be watching the movie Willow before the series?

That depends, do you want to see a young hot Kilmer?