Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

It’s extra loving perplexing, because it’s not as if Europe is some terra incognita for Musk. Tesla has a humongous factory outside of Berlin. He knows German and European labor law very well, he’s just an rear end in a top hat who doesn’t give a poo poo about people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Based on the one German lawsuit about content moderation, Germany gave him a pass on a few laws

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/brainnotonyet/status/1598184376449519616

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Azhais posted:

Based on the one German lawsuit about content moderation, Germany gave him a pass on a few laws

Germany being down to suck off billionaires is a whole another topic.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The weirdo Right Wingers trying to spin how a high court in its own country ruling on established labor law precedent in a logical way is somehow out of line continues to show how desynced they are with the rest of the civilized world. Just zero shits given about any process anywhere that doesn't align with their ideaology.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Mokotow posted:

He knows German and European labor law very well,

He doesn’t. He’s very stupid

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

thathonkey posted:

BORN TO DIE
WORLD IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 2022
I am neuralink
410757864530 DEAD MONKEYS

:captainpop:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Vernii posted:

We're gonna end up with poor attempts at making a cyberpunk future colliding head on with drug resistant bacteria.

The final words in that chapter of history being “…and nothing of value was lost”.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The cyberpunk future always requires a lot of nanotech we haven't even worked out the requirements for yet.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Mokotow posted:

Germany being down to suck off billionaires is a whole another topic.

Ireland is traditionally the number one EU country for letting tech companies do whatever the gently caress they want so I imagine Elon was pretty surprised the Irish government suddenly decided to grow a spine in this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ireland isn't quite the place it was a while back.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ireland is traditionally the number one EU country for letting tech companies do whatever the gently caress they want so I imagine Elon was pretty surprised the Irish government suddenly decided to grow a spine in this.

Ireland is fine with giving them big tax breaks and playing fast with planning regulations on building data centres, but they're not going to gently caress around with employment law or GDPR violations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Mokotow posted:

Tesla has a humongous factory outside of Berlin. He knows German and European labor law very well....

You're assuming Elmo actually is involved in running Tesla beyond being a hype-man for their stock and demanding "innovations" like the cybertruck.

Tesla likely has a very competent legal and HR department that knows EU labor laws inside and out and functions completely independently of the child king. The equivalent team at twitter was fired or quit.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

goatface posted:

Ireland isn't quite the place it was a while back.

I'll have a double Irish with a dutch sandwich please.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mokotow posted:

I’ll echo what dr lol lmao said upthread - any fuckery with bones is inviting bacteria and all sorts of other wonders just waiting to get to the yummy human insides. Also, the human body really dislikes having foreign poo poo shoved into the bloodstream and will fight tooth and nail to remove it. Implants, pacers, screws - there’s five rejection and infection stories for every 10 of them. The future where everyone implants poo poo willy nilly up their rear end doesn’t exist.

Yeah, for people living with disabilities still possibly despite all that it's possible this type of technology could still produce very real quality of life improvements, but for the next few decades, at the very least, it's going to be a huge process, with lots of serious issues involved.

But yeah musk stans really do seem to believe were a year or two away from a log into the matrix chip.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cover everything with solid or nano-silver and pray.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1598371913364959233

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Bonus round: we get to see how much Musk really does hate Alex Jones

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1598366105172598785

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

5000% IMPACT

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Credulous spin on "50% discount"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Meanwhile on twitter every prominent thread about Kayne praising Hitler is full of fresh accounts posting everything from "he's not wrong" to "jews started it, the nazis were just fighting back".

lmao what a clownshow

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1579627776231247874

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Kanye is a narcissist who craves attention. Fewer and fewer people care about his stupid dumbass music so he's flailing because any attention he gets is good attention to him.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Klyith posted:

Meanwhile on twitter every prominent thread about Kayne praising Hitler is full of fresh accounts posting everything from "he's not wrong" to "jews started it, the nazis were just fighting back".

lmao what a clownshow

That Tim Pool interview with Ye was hilarious

paraphrased:
Tim: The people who own the media have demonized you.
Ye: Yeah and we know who owns the media.
Tim: Well yeah, but like globalists.
Ye: No you know who we're talking about.
Tim: Well we're not talking about anyone specific outside of globalists.
Ye: Why can't you just say who we're talking about?

It's funny as gently caress watching right wingers try and codetalk and Kanye is just like "we mean the jews"

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

As hosed and hilarious it is to see all this, I can't wait to see a moment where one of these fucks realizes how screwed they are in the long run lmao.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Devor posted:

Credulous spin on "50% discount"

Shoulda just called it a Cyber Monday deal

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You cant be a ""free speech absolutist"" and then have "concerns" about what people say.

Also lmao that ad campaigning. Now advertisers can get the same number of impressions for hald the price. What a steal for the financial department yhis year!!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Quite frankly I'm surprised he didn't offer like a 500% match like a Trump fundraising email

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It does not seem like my usual Hip Hop news on twitter, but what do I know

https://twitter.com/blazemusicmedia/status/1598368556055465994
https://twitter.com/blazemusicmedia/status/1598371775179538432

Hey Tim Apple, do you think this merits another Elon trip to Apple Campus. Maybe the sushi will convince him this time

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Da gently caress is Neuralink even supposed to do?
Make your brain hallucinate ways that Elon Musk will wisely put your investment money to use.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

lmao holy poo poo

"I'm done with the classifications. Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table. Especially Hitler." -Yeezy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
look, every human being of the tens of billions to have ever lived on this planet has at some point done something of value. take for example, to choose somebody totally at random, hilter.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Holy hell ye

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I want them to explore all the good things Hitler brought to the world. I want them to discuss this for hours and hours for everyone to see.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I want to believe Kanye is puppetmastering the white supremacists into saying the quiet parts loud

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hitler = MGAA (make germany awesome again)
trump = MAGA (make america great again)
ye = MAGA (make Adolf great again)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He was against animal cruelty!

But that's the whole list

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
so how exactly is Elon going to take Twitter on path to profitability now that he's destroyed Twitter's actual revenue source (ads)

is he just gonna put in like $2bil of his own $$$ into twitter per year to keep running it as the equivalent of owning a newspaper or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It does not seem like my usual Hip Hop news on twitter, but what do I know

https://twitter.com/blazemusicmedia/status/1598368556055465994
https://twitter.com/blazemusicmedia/status/1598371775179538432

Hey Tim Apple, do you think this merits another Elon trip to Apple Campus. Maybe the sushi will convince him this time

"Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table..."

Awwwwww :unsmith:

"...especially hitler"

wwwhat? :stonk: