Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I have been loving the game so far. The levels have so many little details in it (especially the new church/train station level). I hope they fix the toughness bug soon though, I hate getting smoked so easily :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cowcaster posted:

according to this picture my brother just sent me for all the poo poo darktide's launch is wading through it seemed to go unexpectedly well (concurrent player numbers):

Not to be a downer, but isn't that usually the case for newly released big-name titles?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Broken Cog posted:

Not to be a downer, but isn't that usually the case for big-name titles?

even if a fatshark game qualifies as a "big name title" these days (which i don't feel like it does) i would not have expected it to be butting heads with apex legends and pubg

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
A lot of people are saying they have good performance. I have a 3080ti, but I play at 1440p ultrawide. I cannot get above 60 fps. And these days that feels painfully low framerate.

Are the people saying they have good performance actually getting above 60 fps?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Out of curiosity, I had my Task Manager performance graphs open in my second monitor while playing yesterday, and my GPU usage stayed very low, stuck around 10%.

I'm not much of a computer knower, but is that possibly a reason my game performance is so crap? My drivers are updated and I'm running the game on low settings. 10% seems awful low!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

probably not your problem but my one friend who was getting sirens blaring that his 1060 didn't meet the minimum specifications for darktide came to the realization that for some reason the game had defaulted to his computer's integrated graphics card instead of his actual graphics card, which solved a bunch of problems once he identified it and switched it over

edit: in case you want to check he said he just went to nvidia control panel -> manage 3d settings and it let him pick the graphics card to use

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 1, 2022

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh huh, only just realised that there's a third version of the dueling sword. The Mk. V is leans more towards a sabre, with downward cuts rather than thrusts for the heavy. Importantly, it's also got one of those downward cuts in its light combo, which is pretty useful as it will one-hit flak soldiers. I like it quite a bit more than the stabby Mk. IV.

Also, a thing I just realised and probably should have noticed earlier: As a psyker, if you go into critical peril and are about to explode, there's a window where you can still hit F while the explosion windup animation is playing and save yourself. Somehow I always assumed that if the animation starts playing you're done for, but turns out that's not the case.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

wedgie deliverer posted:

Out of curiosity, I had my Task Manager performance graphs open in my second monitor while playing yesterday, and my GPU usage stayed very low, stuck around 10%.

I'm not much of a computer knower, but is that possibly a reason my game performance is so crap? My drivers are updated and I'm running the game on low settings. 10% seems awful low!

Is your CPU very underpowered? What graphics settings are you using?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Cowcaster posted:

according to this picture my brother just sent me for all the poo poo darktide's launch is wading through it seemed to go unexpectedly well (concurrent player numbers):

ITT I learned PUBG is still pulling those kinds of numbers.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
On higher difficulties a good veteran really carries a lot. The amount of shooters and specials needs a lot of ranged firepower that I just dont see ogryn / zealot bringing.

An ogryn is still a good meatwall and horde control (assuming they dont play gungryn), but if you lack a veteran you really feel it. Zealots mostly try to charge 20+ shooters and get downed in a massive salvo, so if its death they want then man are they good at getting it.

Psykers alright i guess, you see so few of em around.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Orv posted:

Ogryns had a shock/force maul in trailers and power claws leaked, at least.

Ogryn weapons can go in a lot of directions post-launch. They'll release the power /shock maul eventually, as well as the solo club from the slab shield. As mentioned yeah you got rock fists. There are tabletop models with power claws and chain fists. You could straight up give them like a big knobby two handed club, fist of the north star style. They are potentially the target of that chain great axe from the beta weekend leak too.

For guns, gun lugger is right there and basically gets the full compliment of what would otherwise be team weapons (heavy bolter/flamer/plasma, multi Las, multi melta, rocket launcher, ect ect)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 1, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maybe they're saving certain weapons to be subclass specific?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BombiTheZombie posted:

On higher difficulties a good veteran really carries a lot. The amount of shooters and specials needs a lot of ranged firepower that I just dont see ogryn / zealot bringing.

An ogryn is still a good meatwall and horde control (assuming they dont play gungryn), but if you lack a veteran you really feel it. Zealots mostly try to charge 20+ shooters and get downed in a massive salvo, so if its death they want then man are they good at getting it.

Psykers alright i guess, you see so few of em around.

Good vets are great at shooter clearing, but I still feel like the psychers do a bit better on nuking specials. I've actually been in a few groups where I wanted the shooter to stop turning around to kill the ragers or charging mutie, and to focus on the firing line of 15 assholes with rifles.

Snipers though should be KOS for anything that has any way of reaching them, at all, even theoretically. gently caress those things, I've seen more wipes from snipers than nurgle beasts.

In the beta I was in a group where an Ogryn plugged a sniper from gently caress near across the map (the bridge where you have to wait on the elevator) with his grenade. We just called him Tom Brady for the rest of the match, loving A+ amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Weapons I want for vet: Meltagun and Sniper Rifle.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cyrano4747 posted:

Good vets are great at shooter clearing, but I still feel like the psychers do a bit better on nuking specials. I've actually been in a few groups where I wanted the shooter to stop turning around to kill the ragers or charging mutie, and to focus on the firing line of 15 assholes with rifles.

Snipers though should be KOS for anything that has any way of reaching them, at all, even theoretically. gently caress those things, I've seen more wipes from snipers than nurgle beasts.

In the beta I was in a group where an Ogryn plugged a sniper from gently caress near across the map (the bridge where you have to wait on the elevator) with his grenade. We just called him Tom Brady for the rest of the match, loving A+ amazing.

My friends who have ranged options suck at prioritizing snipers and it got us murdered last night. To be fair like 4 of them spawned at once while we were waiting for the elevator and also dealing with a horde so I can't really blame them but those fuckers really do have to be dealt with quickly.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Decided to snatch this out of my shop

Made my friend jealous.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

^^^^ fuckkkk that's a nice axe ^^^^^

BombiTheZombie posted:

Zealots mostly try to charge 20+ shooters and get downed in a massive salvo, so if its death they want then man are they good at getting it.

As Zealot, I love nothing more than charging a bunch of shooters. Mix in some Reapers, gunners, etc. Feels so good.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

For those of us who are looking at gear at level 30, the rule of thumb is that the base weapon should be 350+ right?

I don't think it matters much for haz 3 and below, but on 4 or 5 it does start to matter a bit?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Legit Businessman posted:

For those of us who are looking at gear at level 30, the rule of thumb is that the base weapon should be 350+ right?

I don't think it matters much for haz 3 and below, but on 4 or 5 it does start to matter a bit?

Its all about reaching certain damage breakpoints if you ask me. Will your weapon one or twoshot a basic rifleman? What about a flak armored rifleman? How many shots does it take to down a rager etc?

Just wish i would get items of a higher level than like 320, the shop can be a right bastard sometimes.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

explosivo posted:

My friends who have ranged options suck at prioritizing snipers and it got us murdered last night. To be fair like 4 of them spawned at once while we were waiting for the elevator and also dealing with a horde so I can't really blame them but those fuckers really do have to be dealt with quickly.

The #1 thing a people without ranged options need to do is ping the gently caress out of those snipers. I've been leveling a psycher and goddamn having someone drop a highlight on the sniper makes popping some skulls so much easier.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

^^^^ fuckkkk that's a nice axe ^^^^^

As Zealot, I love nothing more than charging a bunch of shooters. Mix in some Reapers, gunners, etc. Feels so good.

My main is a zealot and I've taken to pulling a grenade out, slapping charge, and then dropping it at my feet in the middle of a crowd while pulling out a chain sword.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Legit Businessman posted:

as far as i understand it, it's kind of the reverse of how the overarching "power number" has been treated since its inception in destiny and such things. it's not the bigness of the number that determines how effective a weapon is, the bigness of all the stat bars on the weapon just adds up to the number. so technically a 500 weapon is going to have bigger bars on it than a 100 weapon, yeah, but the distribution of those bars could still be wildly different between it another 500 weapon of the exact same make.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 1, 2022

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The penance for 25 successful data interrogations doesn't seem to be progressing for me anymore. Is the action being on a team that finishes a data interrogation event? Placing the data interrogator yourself? Being the person who does the last required repair?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

The #1 thing a people without ranged options need to do is ping the gently caress out of those snipers. I've been leveling a psycher and goddamn having someone drop a highlight on the sniper makes popping some skulls so much easier.

Yes sir! I love the Atrox axe. Lets me be a lot more dodge-heavy.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Veterans are extremely strong atm, I'd honestly say they almost invalidate Zealots and Psykers entirely. A team with an Ogryn and 3 veterans will probably have a much easier time with higher difficulty missions than any other composition, they just delete specials like nothing else. Psykers are supposed to be the special deleting class, and they don't even come close. The fact that they have this game-breaking bug with toughness attached atm and are still so strong says a lot.

Fatshark is gonna have to do a balance pass at some point.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

as far as i understand it, it's kind of the reverse of how the overarching "power number" has been treated since its inception in destiny and such things. it's not the bigness of the number that determines how effective a weapon is, the bigness of all the stat bars on the weapon just adds up to the number. so technically a 500 weapon is going to have bigger bars on it than a 100 weapon, yeah, but the distribution of those bars could still be wildly different between another 500 weapon

It's the bigness of the stat bars plus the value of the blessings. So the stats on a 500 power orange are going to be worse than a 500 power green because it's spending more of that point pool on blessings.

This is why the best craftable weapons are going to be god-tier whites that you then upgrade up to quality cap. All of their initial points go into the stat bars, so you're ending up with an orange that basically is getting its blessings for free.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Broken Cog posted:

I do hope they bring everyone up and don't just nerf the vet and call it a day :smith:.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Veterans are extremely strong atm, I'd honestly say they almost invalidate Zealots and Psykers entirely. A team with an Ogryn and 3 veterans will probably have a much easier time with higher difficulty missions than any other composition, they just delete specials like nothing else. Psykers are supposed to be the special deleting class, and they don't even come close. The fact that they have this game-breaking bug with toughness attached atm and are still so strong says a lot.

Zealots are actually kinda OP right now imo. They're loving unbelievably tanky due to being able to regen toughness when they pop their special, AND pop the special twice at 30, AND the special has a really fast cool down. Plus they don't actually die the first time they get knocked to zero health and have ways of re-genning health during that phase by ripping and tearing.

I can't count the number of times I've gotten away with doing something really dumb because of this. Notice that I'm in the "not dead yet" state, slap my special just to get 50% toughness, start tearing out throats, and end up at half health by the time it ends.

OH and the special is a charge so they're high-mobility for getting out of bad spots.

I fully expect them to raise the timer on the zealot special. They could double the cool-down and it would still be a strong class.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I soloed a Malice mission this morning with 3 bots as a shock Psyker early this morning. Really fun, as the bots never leave your side. Preferable over players IMO.

Got halfway through soloing another on Heresy before people joined up. Wish I could block that somehow. We lost after they joined (they do not stick around me like my faithful bots)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Zealot feels like it has a higher skill floor to me, versus Veteran. If I go for a play with my Zealot, it's usually high risk and only sometimes high reward. On my Veteran, I press F and mow down everything safely from cover. I brought it up the other day, but ranged weapons are extremely effective when compared to melee weapons. With less risk.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Zealot feels like it has a higher skill floor to me, versus Veteran. If I go for a play with my Zealot, it's usually high risk and only sometimes high reward. On my Veteran, I press F and mow down everything safely from cover. I brought it up the other day, but ranged weapons are extremely effective when compared to melee weapons. With less risk.

Did you play vermintide? Because as someone who mained Kruber in VT2 zealot really felt like the one with the most direct skill transfer.

If you didn't play VT I could see vet feeling the most like a traditional FPS, which probably fits a lot more into non-fatshark game skillsets.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Mesadoram posted:

I do hope they bring everyone up and don't just nerf the vet and call it a day :smith:.

I hope they can find a way to do that. they thing is not just good at everything, they are good at everything without any trade-off right now (beside the bug). I would like all classes to be able to do everything but have to make choices and give up something on the feats level so we can get some builds going for different situations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I've always also been a crowd control whore in VT and zealot with the right weapon REALLY lets you bully and corral hordes, plus the charge lets you close with ranged bullshit at need.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Did you play vermintide? Because as someone who mained Kruber in VT2 zealot really felt like the one with the most direct skill transfer.

If you didn't play VT I could see vet feeling the most like a traditional FPS, which probably fits a lot more into non-fatshark game skillsets.

Yes, I have a few hundred hours into Vermintide. That's why I said I think it has a higher skill floor and not that it was weak. I think you might have to be a little too good to make it work right now.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've always also been a crowd control whore in VT and zealot with the right weapon REALLY lets you bully and corral hordes, plus the charge lets you close with ranged bullshit at need.

psyker also has some stupid cc and horde clear depending on the staff you use and how you want to play. It gets in trouble if want to do elite killing like vet, it just can't match the dps.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wasn't impressed with the lightning hammer until I started spamming the heavy attack over and over. Ragdolling poxwalkers left and right then activating the hammer and charging in to one-shot a special has made the Zealot my new favorite class.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Is your CPU very underpowered? What graphics settings are you using?

Default low setting.

I'm running a i7-4790k and a GTX 1070. It's a bit older, but still above the minimum specs. I read some other folks are having a similar problem. I adjusted the Nvidia controls to maximize performance on my card but still nothing. I assume it some weird optimization issue.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I think fatshark probably saw the stats and realised that most people were gonna jump on veteran cause of the imperial guard/soldier aesthetic so ehhh maybe let it do everything. If you made them crap at melee you'd end up with teams getting wiped when they ended up with 3/4 veterans.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'm very glad I didn't pay $40 for this yet, the launch is going about as fatsharkily as expected lmao.

there's an absolutely incredible game somewhere under all this jank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe they're saving certain weapons to be subclass specific?

Last I heard subclasses are out. Everything is considered its own discrete class. I really hope they don't force me to grind up a second Ogryn to use interesting weapons but I'm not optimistic.