Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

This is what's killing me about these assholes. For years I've heard conservatives complain about how soft-spoken people on NPR are and how bad they are to listen to, and they're going to recommend these people instead? Christ.

I do agree with Dan's assessment that he does need to pay attention to them outside of Alex, and I will listen, but... I'm going to need breaks, especially if he ever does an entire episode on Tucker

If any of you share my specific strain of brainworms (the kind that direct you to seek out commentary on all kinds of far right figures) and want some non-podcast reccs:

Youtube channels TimbahOnToast and @JoseBird do some excellent medium (jose) to long (timbah) form coverage of people like Dave Rubin, Tucker Carlson, Tim Pool, James O Keefe, etc.

Jose (whose vids are generally shorter-ish) covers other conservative detritus like conservative kids books/the original fiction tv series on the Daily Wire along with retrospectives on old tv shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat, listening to Kanye West talk I was "Ok, that dude is either under-medicated on something he should be, or over-medicated on something he shouldn't".

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't think I'd ever heard him talk before and yeah, that was a great example of some serious crazy but not immediately sounding like it, not like screaming or anything. Just none of the thoughts make any sense or connect together.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
As a fellow bipolar person, I recognize mania when I hear it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Well I can guess what Dan will talk about next.

Ye is on Info Wars right now

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Why is wearing a gimp mask? Is he just cold? Has Alex already run out of money to pay for heating?

tsob fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 1, 2022

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

tsob posted:

Why is wearing a gimp mask? Is he just cold? Has Alex already run out if money to pay for heating?

He did something similar where he wore a mask all the time while creating an album. He even lived in the basement of a stadium while working on it.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

edit: ^ yep the mask/full body coverage is a pretty common style theme for him. Kim Kardashian wore a similar full body covering outfit to the Met Gala when they were still together and he had a lot of input in her fashion decisions

duz posted:

What the loving hell

I'm glad that he only did infowars AFTER the big judgements came down - at least the additional exposure and probably money will go to helping the families and mostly not into Alex's pockets

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

duz posted:

Well that's gonna be... Interesting.

I feel like we should send Dan a care package or something. Probably booze. (Not actually.)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just lmao at the whole picture
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1598361808019939328?s=20&t=6ovVhD8K6j3D9wDXzqEM8Q

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

This is going to be awful.

I can't wait.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He did something similar where he wore a mask all the time while creating an album. He even lived in the basement of a stadium while working on it.

I guess I'm exposing my ignorance of Ye, because that makes him sound like a big ol' weirdo but then I think that kind of jives with the general perception of him? I'm a near 40 year old White guy from Ireland and I don't think I've ever consciously heard one of his songs. I almost certainly heard some in passing or something, but yeah, he's well outside my bubble :blush:

That said, even as someone new to the pod I'm looking forward to the episode about this, just because I was already curious after hearing about the dinner how a discussion between a White Supremacist (which is how Fuentes is generally getting described) and any Black person they have to at least pretend civility with would go. Adding Alex to the mix, along with commentary must be gold.

tsob fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 1, 2022

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

The episode of KF based on this show should be engraved onto golden records and shot into space so the entire universe can have it.

Edit: And now Laura Loomer calling in. This is a garbage fire.

tecnocrat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 1, 2022

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/politicalplayer/status/1598369359386529792?s=20&t=5KpsnyKzEZkKeRRVeCAeVQ

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1598377219352678400

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 1, 2022

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is gonna be an incredible episode and i expect atonal shrieking from the start

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This is loving insane
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1598374236346777601?s=20&t=b4zW9i7z045e5fl2S20eZw

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It is consistent though, getting into open Jewish conspiracy is one hot stove Alex doesn't touch. Obviously the globalist thing is wink wink at it but there's a long history of shutting it down when someone straight up starts talking about The Jews on the show.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

rotinaj posted:

This is gonna be an incredible episode and i expect atonal shrieking from the start

I'd expect jordan to go beyond the range of audible sound after about 30 seconds tbh.

If you opened audacity, you'd see him screech at 50 kHz and beyond.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

It is consistent though, getting into open Jewish conspiracy is one hot stove Alex doesn't touch. Obviously the globalist thing is wink wink at it but there's a long history of shutting it down when someone straight up starts talking about The Jews on the show.

The phrasing is hilarious tho

Also now Loomer is calling in via Kanye's cell phone

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

What I want, more than anything, is for Jordan to make it to the recording session with no knowledge that any of this has happened.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Okay I watched a clip and Alex's "I made a huge mistake" face is pretty incredible. God. Imagine being so out there that Alex loving Jones is like oh no.

Staggy posted:

What I want, more than anything, is for Jordan to make it to the recording session with no knowledge that any of this has happened.

Please god.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

To be clear I don't think AJ has a problem with Nazis but even he knows better than to say it in public.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Staggy posted:

Hopefully Jordan has not reactivated his Twitter account, but if they're recording today, it's possible it'll happen before he has a chance to.

Let's hope they haven't recorded yet

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Staggy posted:

He somehow managed it with the Pim Tool thing.

Really we need get Jordan to just be like the intermittent control group for the alt right. We keep him isolated just to see his reaction at the reveal.

How much are sensory deprivation tanks anyway?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Is anyone sure it is Ye, out of interest? Since he is in a full face mask and all? Like, I know gently caress all about the guy but is this consistent with his behavior to go full bore "Actually, Hitler was a pretty cool guy"? Could someone be playing a really elaborate prank on Alex?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

Is anyone sure it is Ye, out of interest? Since he is in a full face mask and all? Like, I know gently caress all about the guy but is this consistent with his behavior to go full bore "Actually, Hitler was a pretty cool guy"? Could someone be playing a really elaborate prank on Alex?

Yes, he is an unmedicated sufferer of bipolar personality disorder and he refuses to take medication for it or seek any kind of help

Famously he has also gotten mad at people for correctly diagnosing his manic episodes

And that is definitely his voice

Edit: anyone got a link to the knowledge fight discord? I see that they got some concerns when the trial was getting big, and nuked a lot of the links

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 1, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

tsob posted:

I'm not really a follower but this seems pretty on brand for the path he's been down.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

:unsmigghh:
https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1598400863965511683

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

tsob posted:

He's been saying it since at least 2018.

quote:

Van Lathan Jr., a former TMZ employee, who confronted West during his 2018 interview at their offices in which West said slavery “sounds like a choice,” recently claimed on a podcast that West also made antisemitic comments during their conversation that the outlet did not release publicly. That’s why Lathan said his current comments didn’t surprise him.

“I already heard him say that stuff before at TMZ,” Lathan said during an episode of the “Higher Learning” podcast earlier this month. “I mean, I was taken aback because that type of antisemitic talk is disgusting. It’s like, I’m taken aback any time anyone does that, right? But as far as [West], I knew that that was in him because when he came to TMZ, he said that stuff and they took it out of the interview. … He said something like, ‘I love Hitler, I love Nazis.’ Something to that effect when he was there. And they took it out of the interview for whatever reason. It wasn’t my decision.”

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well then...guess I'll be getting the metaphorical bucket of popcorn out for Friday afternoon. Or evening presumably, GMT.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I wonder if that face is Alex is now realizing he’s the last stop before rock bottom.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I guess I gotta clear a chunk of tomorrow afternoon and figure out something to do while I listen.

Maybe someone needs a pie.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1598406302106931200
https://twitter.com/JakeGodin/status/1598409894759112727

Also Alex tried this like three different times:
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1598410740431470592

Piell fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 1, 2022

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Is Alex being out conspiracy nuttered on his own conspiracy nut show? Is he the sane one in that cast, desperately trying to contain the other guy? That's honestly pretty astounding.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

tsob posted:

Is Alex being out conspiracy nuttered on his own conspiracy nut show? Is he the sane one in that cast, desperately trying to contain the other guy? That's honestly pretty astounding.

Ye is Alex's worst nightmare: a caller saying the quiet part out loud that he can't hang up on. :allears:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

tsob posted:

Squatch Ambassador posted:

Ye is Alex's worst nightmare: a caller saying the quiet part out loud that he can't hang up on. :allears:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Alex's business model depends on constant struggle against an imaginary enemy that can only be fought by buying crap from Infowars. He's happy with anything to further that goal, but you can't just go and say the quiet part out loud. That just makes the victim narrative harder to maintain, and it doesn't make money.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

I want to push back on this. Alex will reflexively mask the antisemitism of his guests and callers. He'll try to pivot away and keep himself clean, but "shutting it down" isn't an accurate description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Squatch Ambassador posted:

And that caller is famous and is bringing in the most attention his show has had in who knows how long