Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Great late season Enrique quote:
“If we don’t have an environment, where will we do stuff? Think about it.”

In the episode where they find out Hank’s been paying sticker price, there’s a brief moment where Peggy tells Minh and Nancy and threatens them to keep it a secret. He threatens Nancy with a simple “Redcorn!” And then she says something in Laotian to Minh. I’m curious to what she said. Does anyone know by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That is a series of vowels and vowel clusters.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Kahn is voiced by a white guy (Toby Huss, who voices Cotton) and there is no attempt to speak actual Laotian, it's just made up words.

E: or so I had heard, I tried looking this up and a Laotian speaker reports that in a different scene between Minh and Kahn Jr they do speak real Laotian very poorly.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 30, 2022

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Kahn is voiced by a white guy (Toby Huss, who voices Cotton) and there is no attempt to speak actual Laotian, it's just made up words.

E: or so I had heard, I tried looking this up and a Laotian speaker reports that in a different scene between Minh and Kahn Jr they do speak real Laotian very poorly.

Supposedly most of the Lao spoken in the show is just a random mix of Lao and Thai words.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

PizzaProwler posted:

That is a series of vowels and vowel clusters.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm doing it.....
I'm a mooner!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Outside a couple of duds, late season KoTH is still really good. I’m on the last stretch of episodes when it switched to widescreen. I think it does a much better job of adjusting to the times than Simpsons did.

Anyway, I’ve never been to Texas, but they capture the Arizona experience really well whenever the state comes up. I think at least a couple people on the staff must have come from there. “Do you know what I did after we lost stare? I moved to Phoenix. It’s hot. Hotter than Texas if you can believe that.” People dismiss the heat as “oh, it’s a dry heat” without understanding that it means there is no rain. You feel the heat reach into your soul. 360 days of sunshine is depressing, I tell you what. I live for those rare gray hazy days.

Their depiction of Sun City is spot on. Also, “vat are you talking about!?” Perfect Arizona humor.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Phoenix is among the worst places on earth.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Agreed. Everyone should move out of here so that I can afford a house.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

though they physically visit arizona, i always equated 'arizona' to 'jewish' in the king of the hill universe and bobby is too young to realize the difference

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Whats the bad part of Memphis?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GolfHole posted:

though they physically visit arizona, i always equated 'arizona' to 'jewish' in the king of the hill universe and bobby is too young to realize the difference

Yes, that’s the joke.

Hihohe posted:

Memphis!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

GolfHole posted:

It's an incredible joke and I have tons of Jewish friends who I wish watched KOTH so I could pull 'that's so Arizona' out of my pocket once in a while.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Hihohe posted:

scared white ppl island imo

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yes, that’s the joke.

big party

Another Bill posted:

It's an incredible joke and I have tons of Jewish friends who I wish watched KOTH so I could pull 'that's so Arizona' out of my pocket once in a while.

its adult humor, even i dont understand it sometimes

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

King Carnivore posted:

Phoenix is among the worst places on earth.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Goldmine

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The all Asian golf club episode when Hank asks the leadership what does Hank sell for a living.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The all Asian golf club episode when Hank asks the leadership what does Hank sell for a living.

.... Tractors?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The all Asian golf club episode when Hank asks the leadership what and what accessories does Hank sell for a living.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hihohe posted:

.... Tractors?

(ted wassonnasong voice) Don't be silly, Hank here works at a gas station.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I forget, he never drops the facade and talks differently does he?

It sounds like someone doing a fake news anchor voice. Which is fine if that's the joke by itself too, I just can't remember.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

i think when he's playing with his choo choos is the closest we get to a "real" ted wassanasong

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Hihohe posted:

.... Tractors?

To be fair, he used to sell tractors.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mearn posted:

To be fair, he used to sell tractors.

Yeah, but Ted wouldn't have known that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9j5f4zsqd0

Ted's a straight up freak

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I forget, he never drops the facade and talks differently does he?

It sounds like someone doing a fake news anchor voice. Which is fine if that's the joke by itself too, I just can't remember.

I don’t know if it’s supposed to be a facade. I heard (probably in this thread) that he’s a parody of George Takei.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

A MIRACLE posted:

i think when he's playing with his choo choos is the closest we get to a "real" ted wassanasong

They have motorboats, Peggy

MOTORBOATS!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Lol when Dale goes crazy after Hank steals his mower and ends up on a bell tower

Dale on megaphone: At least get Bobby to take me out. He'll make a clean shot.

Bobby: *wrestling the rifle from the cop's arms* ok

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Lol when Dale goes crazy after Hank steals his mower and ends up on a bell tower

Dale on megaphone: At least get Bobby to take me out. He'll make a clean shot.

Bobby: *wrestling the rifle from the cop's arms* ok

I love that episode, it's probably my favorite.

DALE: You're fine! You were wearing a bulletproof vest. You thought I was gonna shoot you.

HANK: Well, that or spray me with poisonous chemicals. I thought you'd kill yourself right after.

DALE: I would have, too

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only problem with that episode is that the plot hinges on Bill having friends we never see

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The only callback to Bobby being an absolute deadeye. :patriot:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

External Organs posted:

The only callback to Bobby being an absolute deadeye. :patriot:

There's also the episode where Ladybird and Dale get rabies.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

There's also the episode where Ladybird and Dale get rabies.

"I didn't miss."

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dale psychosomatically getting each symptom of Rabies as Nancy reads them off

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Dale psychosomatically getting each symptom of Rabies as Nancy reads them off

I think this was a meta seinfeld reference which I also love.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Is dufus european?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I tell ya what, man, them dang ol' New York boys, just a show about nothin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thinking about Christmas with the niefkos.