Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Elder Postsman posted:

early meeting

did they supply coffee? if no, you should quit imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

having a 6:30 PM cup of coffee like a real son of a gun.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Wow you're a real wild one aren't you

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Nobody Interesting posted:

did they supply coffee? if no, you should quit imo

well I work from home so no they did not

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

my shipment of beans is delayed because of epidemic controls. i just had my last pourover this morning

it's been nice getting to know you all. my only regret is that i didn't... drink more coffee...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lord funk posted:

my shipment of beans is delayed because of epidemic controls. i just had my last pourover this morning

it's been nice getting to know you all. my only regret is that i didn't... drink more coffee...

stay strong

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

lord funk posted:

this roast will be in your honour

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Elder Postsman posted:

well I work from home so no they did not

it's inhumane of your employer not to replenish your coffee stocks. report this to your union.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
kiddo woke me up early so now i’m havin a coffee

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

been drinking coffee ever since i saw jira this morning. on my fourth cup

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just finished my coffee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drip beans and electric blanket. Nargle's on her sheepskin with the little heating pad. We're fighting off the winter.....and winning

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

drinking some coffee

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Jonny 290 posted:

drip beans and electric blanket. Nargle's on her sheepskin with the little heating pad. We're fighting off the winter.....and winning

hell yeah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

about to start my first (and only). then i won't drink coffee until december

drinking coffee

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

graph posted:

drinking coffee

welcome back to coffee

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

drinking some coffee

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
tried James Hoffman’s French press recipe/technique this morning. results: :shrug:

it’s not like it took effort but it had about as much silt as a normal FP and just didn’t knock my socks off vs the normal “put in grounds, add hot water, put lid/screen on top, wait 4-5 min and push down.” it’s totally possible my palate just isn’t that sensitized/trained

been monkeying around with some aeropress techniques again and that’s felt more rewarding.

coffee still good, regardless

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

graph posted:

drinking coffee

Nice work

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

WELCOME. TO COFFEE. X-CHICKEN!!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
mmmespresso

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

lousy hat posted:

tried James Hoffman’s French press recipe/technique this morning. results: :shrug:

it’s not like it took effort but it had about as much silt as a normal FP and just didn’t knock my socks off vs the normal “put in grounds, add hot water, put lid/screen on top, wait 4-5 min and push down.” it’s totally possible my palate just isn’t that sensitized/trained

been monkeying around with some aeropress techniques again and that’s felt more rewarding.

coffee still good, regardless

I've been doing his aeropress method of uhhh 11g coffee/200g water, 2 minutes, swirl, 30 seconds, press and it's good and easy. just taking the time to be consistent with it is a huge improvement over my previous "oops I let it sit there for 10 minutes" or "well it's been long enough [it's been 20 seconds]"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I got a free camping coffee cup with my Uniqlo order. how cool is that?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

those miir cups are legit. thats a pretty nice freebie.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

congrats on your new coffee receptacle

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
does it matter how much water i put in the aeropress if i'm just going to add more water after brewing to fill the mug? sometimes i make just a cup for me, sometimes i make two cups so my wife can have one and all i change is doubling the amount of coffee beans. seems like it comes out fine but idk

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I tried that once before, only once, and didnt think the end product tasted nearly as good as doing two separate pulls of the aeropress. i could have just added too much water though. i also usually make my own aeropress pulls very strong compared to drip (11:1 ratio of water to beans, usually 20g beans to 220g water)

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

post hole digger posted:

I tried that once before, only once, and didnt think the end product tasted nearly as good as doing two separate pulls of the aeropress. i could have just added too much water though. i also usually make my own aeropress pulls very strong compared to drip (11:1 ratio of water to beans, usually 20g beans to 220g water)

There's less solvent per gram of coffee so to get the same extraction you need to compensate with longer extraction or more agitation.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
just finished the coffee i made this morning. see you next thursday, coffee

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

afternoon mug

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

just finished the coffee i made this morning. see you next thursday, coffee

What are you doing for Friday or Saturday coffee

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i've done a coffee or two

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

What are you doing for Friday or Saturday coffee

i had coffee today op

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

afternoon mug

same

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

i had coffee today op

very good

looking forward to getting coffee from a place that has great coffee but i haven’t been able to go to for years tomorrow

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

wife surprised me when she got home from work with fresh coffee :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Waifu Radia posted:

:)

I’m having coffee at a place i used to go to a lot

i don’t think it’s as good as i remember but it’s still p deece

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waifu Radia posted:

:3:

i should get me one of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Good morning.

coffe