Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Oh, thank goodness. They had me worried there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Antonymous posted:

it is weird that only jewish people count in a lot of westerner's minds when like 20 million slavic people died in a vast genocidal campaign against them concurrent with the genocidal campaign against jewish people

if you read Reddit you’ll see it’s the general liberal consensus that Hitler Was Right about the ~orcs~ despite being horribly wrong about the Jews

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Do heteros just not know what the pink triangle means?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

tokin opposition posted:

They're not a very bright lot

Ham Equity posted:

Or when a black man is selling loosey cigarettes.

What was this again? New York, IIRR. I can't keep track of all these murders officer involved mishaps. I assume the others you posted were all real too

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're not a very bright lot

What was this again? New York, IIRR. I can't keep track of all these murders officer involved mishaps. I assume the others you posted were all real too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Eric_Garner

And yeah, that list was all true, and nowhere near exhaustive, just a few off the top of my head.

A local NPR affiliate did a podcast about the killing of Manuel Ellis I've been listening to recently, so I've had it on the brain.

Ham Equity has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Dec 1, 2022

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

War and Pieces posted:

I think it makes more sense for the killbots to have electric type attacks but that's just me

that's their weakness. they can't have an elemental attack that's also their weakness. that's just not how these things work

rko
Jul 12, 2017

tokin opposition posted:

some of the middle-aged ones probably remember the weezer song

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

rko posted:

it’s a catchy song but my god the lyrics are cringy

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

rko posted:

Who?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

They were opening for Fallout Boy in the Hella Mega Tour.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

tokin opposition posted:

of course nobody's denying there were other victims of nazi persecution but words have meanings and The Holocaust refers very specifically only to the genocide of Jews and this distinction is very important because uhhhhhh

well I can't quite remember the reason right now but it's definitely not because it makes it easier for zionists to play the victim as Most Persecuted Minority Of All Time and thereby deflect any criticism of the nation of israel

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Renaissance Robot posted:

of course nobody's denying there were other victims of nazi persecution but words have meanings and The Holocaust refers very specifically only to the genocide of Jews and this distinction is very important because uhhhhhh

well I can't quite remember the reason right now but it's definitely not because it makes it easier for zionists to play the victim as Most Persecuted Minority Of All Time and thereby deflect any criticism of the nation of israel

Do people actually say that? I know at the holocaust museum in my city, that even though it seems to be mostly funded by Jewish groups, the museum is very pretty specific that the Holocaust included many different groups, and goes into a lot of depth on the experiences of all the groups affected.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.businessinsider.com/led-city-streetlights-turning-purple-broken-tech-danger-2022-11?amp

[sad cyberpunk noir jazz beneath a purple street light]

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

Do people actually say that? I know at the holocaust museum in my city, that even though it seems to be mostly funded by Jewish groups, the museum is very pretty specific that the Holocaust included many different groups, and goes into a lot of depth on the experiences of all the groups affected.

the issue is the separation of the death camps and the mass shootings. the nazis killed many jewish people in mass shootings, they didn't bother to send them to a death camp. so these people are included as part of the holocaust. however, they killed substantially more soviet civilians in the same way for "being communists" like 18 million people executed by SS death squads

whenever you see holocaust memorials they always make sure to emphasize that the biggest group killed by the nazis was the jewish people. that's the propaganda. the soviet civilians are often ignored or glossed over.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can we make the street lights pink?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Do you have a link on this? I quickly found a Holocaust remembrance website that said almost 2m of the 6m Jews who were killed in the Holocaust were killed by the einsatzgruppen in mass shootings , but it's hard to find other civilian numbers

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

indistinguishable from satire

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Do you have a link on this? I quickly found a Holocaust remembrance website that said almost 2m of the 6m Jews who were killed in the Holocaust were killed by the einsatzgruppen in mass shootings , but it's hard to find other civilian numbers

the best i can give you is historians arguing at each other. the mass shootings were not exactly well documented, most of the evidence they even happened came from trophy selfie pics recovered from dead nazis. the exact numbers are very hard to pin down, and people who want to minimize the numbers will argue that many people died from "circumstances of the war" like starvation or whatever instead of a SS death squad

here is a russian site, sorry for google translate
https://victims-rusarchives-ru.tran...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Rutibex has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Dec 1, 2022

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Gotcha. This is the webpage ranked highest in Google , it defines holocaust as the 6m Jews, but lower down has a pretty detailed table (with nowhere near enough sourcing)

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/documenting-numbers-of-victims-of-the-holocaust-and-nazi-persecution#number-of-deaths-1

So an expansive view of Holocaust is like 20m instead of 17m, and that's not including deaths by famine.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

dr_rat posted:

The conservative rabbis who originally taught me holocaust history as a kid never brought up the other groups.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/Karlmarxhd/status/1598177522562260992

[handing you my The Joker card that explains my condition]

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it’s fine don’t freak out

quote:

The San Francisco Police Department said it does not have pre-armed robots and has no plans to arm robots with guns. But the department could deploy robots equipped with explosive charges “to contact, incapacitate, or disorient violent, armed, or dangerous suspect” when lives are at stake, SFPD spokesperson Allison Maxie said in a prepared statement.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

it’s fine don’t freak out

Phew you guys had me worried there. I thought this was creeping facism but it's just pigs using robots to "pacify" bad guys. There's no way our boys in blue will abuse this. It's fine.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Uh want to remind everyone that cops have already blown up a suspect with a robot. In Dallas, six years ago.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
SF had a specific law on the books saying cops have to file paperwork and get approval to use military hardware
this vote was to approve that one specific hardware item listing the robots and their approved uses (including 'killing people')

in most cities without such a "military equipment use policy" law, it is probably already legal with no vote required

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
That's just the same legalized extrajudicial murder with more steps

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Building a rube Goldberg machine that presses the kill someone button for me and then arresting the egg that was comically splattered on the button for murder

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that's silly. if you want avoid responsibility like that you use machine learning

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Uh want to remind everyone that cops have already blown up a suspect with a robot. In Dallas, six years ago.

quote:

Willard Oliver, a professor of criminal justice at Sam Houston State University, a former police officer and retired military member, said soldiers in Iraq had used bomb robots against combatants, but American police officers never had.

"Shocking. Stunning," he said of the use of the bomb robot to kill the suspect in the shooting deaths of five Dallas police officers. "But also very innovative. So I guess in the end, impressive."

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Unsurprisingly, the uspect was cornered in an empty building, surrounded, no way out. Rather than do any type of waiting, let alone negotiation, they sent in the robomb and blew his rear end up.

Reader, the suspect was black.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lmfao

Reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_pHZmn5QM

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Goons cheered it on at the time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Unsurprisingly, the uspect was cornered in an empty building, surrounded, no way out. Rather than do any type of waiting, let alone negotiation, they sent in the robomb and blew his rear end up.

Reader, the suspect was black.

the robot survived because the explosive was on the end of a pole

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
"The lawyers tell me that there are no prohibitions
Against robots making life or death decisions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5GrZnjNv-I

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

uber_stoat posted:

"Shocking. Stunning," he said of the use of the bomb robot to kill the suspect in the shooting deaths of five Dallas police officers. "But also very innovative. So I guess in the end, impressive."

You do not under any circumstances gotta hand it to them.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/11/30/trustcor-internet-authority-mozilla/

niiiiice

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://twitter.com/Karlmarxhd/status/1598177522562260992

[handing you my The Joker card that explains my condition]

I'm so glad SF recalled Chesa Boudin; he would have opposed this, which will surely prove to be the solution to crime rates. It will also allow the city government to continue to ignore the fact that the SFPD has been in open rebellion for many years. Winners all around!

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Willard Oliver, a professor of criminal justice at Sam Houston State University, a former police officer and retired military member posted:

Shocking. Stunning
it was lethal idiot