Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Flinger posted:

I want to believe Kanye is puppetmastering the white supremacists into saying the quiet parts loud

Kanye West is real fuckin' dumb dude, always has been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Flinger posted:

I want to believe Kanye is puppetmastering the white supremacists into saying the quiet parts loud

That’d be a 5D chess move and while Kanye at his best could seem like a smart dude, he’s mentally unstable most of the time.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Mozi posted:

hitler = MGAA (make germany awesome again)
trump = MAGA (make america great again)
ye = MAGA (make Adolf great again)

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's such a nonsensical position to take. Yeah, I'm sure the guy did at least one good deed at some point in his life. That is so outweighed by the harm and evil he helped usher that it's moot. Louis CK is a great writer/performer. Doesn't outweigh that he also sexually abused people.

It's such fourth grader approach to things. "Oh you think they're ALL bad? He gave a hug to someone once, so I think he's good. I am very smart. nyaa".

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/elon-musk-twitter-polls-are-bot-driven-bullsht-1234639288/

About those Latin polls. So basically its "Vox Populi" when the result coincides with what he wants like everything since he bought the company, but coordinated bot attacks when the result goes against what he wants like his stupid attempt to mediate the Russia/Ukraine conflict.

I dont understand how such a complete bullshitter ever held togethet any businesses till now and made deals either anyone. I believe Twitter refered to his actions as a "model of bad faith" before he finally agreed to buy the company and that assement just seems spot on.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 1, 2022

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Typo posted:

so how exactly is Elon going to take Twitter on path to profitability now that he's destroyed Twitter's actual revenue source (ads)

is he just gonna put in like $2bil of his own $$$ into twitter per year to keep running it as the equivalent of owning a newspaper or something?

Well, 2021 ad revenue was something like $4.5b. So all he has to do is convince 25% of the userbase to cough up $8/mo for checkmarks and he'll be printing money!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the guy did at least one good deed at some point in his life.

He did kill Hitler after all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ya think?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
guess who I saw the other day?!

Hitler!!!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

the holy poopacy posted:

Well, 2021 ad revenue was something like $4.5b. So all he has to do is convince 25% of the userbase to cough up $8/mo for checkmarks and he'll be printing money!

will there be a discount for bots tho?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Buy 11 bots get the 12th for just one penny

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

ilmucche posted:

"Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table..."

Awwwwww :unsmith:

"...especially hitler"

wwwhat? :stonk:

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
I kinda agree with Kanye. Hitler got the motorways built and also got universal healthcare and public housing to work properly. He wasn't all that bad.

But also, he was loving Hitler! Jesus Christ!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You do not, in fact, gotta hand it to Hitler (nor Kanye)

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

A farting mink posted:

I kinda agree with Kanye. Hitler got the motorways built and also got universal healthcare and public housing to work properly. He wasn't all that bad.

He also killed Hitler, thats gotta count for something!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A farting mink posted:

Are you absolutely sure that he got universal healthcare working

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

rotinaj posted:

Are you absolutely sure that he got universal healthcare working

Hitler definitely did do one thing right: Fantastic propaganda. Still working, 80 years later!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

ryde posted:

He also killed Hitler, thats gotta count for something!

Ah, but you forget that he ended up killing the man who killed Hitler.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dewgy posted:

Hitler definitely did do one thing right: Fantastic propaganda. Still working, 80 years later!

Hitler was a very good project manager and put some people into the perfect job, like goebbels, until he started trying to call code reviews and most of the staff left when they wouldn’t sign his pledge to be even more hardcore

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A farting mink posted:

But also, he was loving Hitler!

Whoa wait, there was a second one too??

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

A farting mink posted:

He wasn't all that bad.

:thunk:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598381157124837376?s=20&t=QflwbaqTjCRE3pfXx8EftA

:justpost:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bargaining phase.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm not giving your poo poo website a single letter of my precious posts, Elon

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He’s begging for people to post, but what does that even accomplish

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

He needs people to use twitter so he can sell his buy one get one free ad impressions

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well, lols for us, at least.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Begging for posts. Shameful.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Next knowledge fight is gonna be lit

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
prithee, m'lud, perchance wouldst thou bestow upon me thine tweets?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Hitler was a very good project manager and put some people into the perfect job, like goebbels, until he started trying to call code reviews and most of the staff left when they wouldn’t sign his pledge to be even more hardcore

Making everyone commit war crimes and be targeted for death by the entire world was a hell of an employee retention strategy though.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

*nervously tugs on collar*

Hey uh looks like the only people posting are super racist, can the rest of you please add to the discourse so this cesspool doesn't seem so obvious?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Kale posted:

I dont understand how such a complete bullshitter ever held togethet any businesses till now and made deals either anyone.

The entire C suite class is dogshit brained morons op. It's a self protecting insular circle jerk of the dumbest assholes to ever be born rich basing entire careers of the human brain's natural but unhealthy preference for the known over the unknown. It's logically smarter to grab any person off the street than employ someone who has completely hosed up multiple companies but "he (it's almost always he) has previous experience! Sharon is just a competent accountant who knows our business inside out. No way we could promote her".

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
sounds like a problem which bots would solve

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

e: wrong thread but oh so close

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

A farting mink posted:

what the gently caress

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

You do not, in fact, gotta hand it to Hitler (nor Kanye)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hitler put a lot of young men to work after an extreme economic downturn, and even encouraged an extremely healthy amount of international travel

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon finally discovers that most Twitter users don't care about talking about their mundane lives to the void and would rather just read what celebrities say.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Sorry for the interruption, but this Thursday Twitter really needs you. 98% of the people reading this won't post, they'll just look the other way. All we ask is one post, or whatever seems reasonable to you today. It's fast and easy to post on your phone. We ask you, humbly: please don't scroll away.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Why does't Elon just monetize botting?

like ban all the 3rd party bots but then just introduce official twitter approved bots you can rent for $1/each per month or something?

like if you buy the blue checkmark you get 5 bots to begin with as a "starterpack" to advertise it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

“Please clap” energy.

Elon!