Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Technically it's more like Darkmoon Prizes, since Denathrius can always pull the mechanic back out. But yeah, it definitely feels like they just shoved in a mechanic to wildly shake things up and just assumed the meta would turn out fine.

Although, now I'm just wondering how Battlegrounds' patch rate compares to something like Teamfight Tactics or Autochess. Probably very badly.

I kind of don't hate how infrequently Battlegrounds patches. This probably isn't as big a problem in an autobattler with big numbers for how much damage/health a unit has, but it's nice to know that cards/tribes are going to be largely the same without needing to read patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernabog posted:

What's the BG bug? But yeah, balance has been awful this season. I wonder if they are just gonna do away with quests like they did buddies and add a new gimmick so they won't bother with balance.

Golden Macaw fails pretty reliably if it hits the same unit twice. It's common on Leapfrog and Sefless, 2 of the most common units to hit Macaw with. It's been bugged for over a month.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

When Pigs Cry posted:

I kind of don't hate how infrequently Battlegrounds patches. This probably isn't as big a problem in an autobattler with big numbers for how much damage/health a unit has, but it's nice to know that cards/tribes are going to be largely the same without needing to read patch notes.

There's "letting the meta breathe" and there's "this hero has been dogshit for over a year, also we massively buffed Cthun and they are now punching way over their armor level, and also gamebreaking bugs, and also a bunch of units are complete turds and have been for 4+ metas". There's a middle ground, which is where they need to be, especially given the hilarious justification for the BGs Season Pass was that they'd have more and better BG updates.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chernabog posted:

What's the BG bug? But yeah, balance has been awful this season. I wonder if they are just gonna do away with quests like they did buddies and add a new gimmick so they won't bother with balance.

Yes, it's the season gimmick so it will go away when the next BG season begins (not sure when that is though)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

goferchan posted:

Yes, it's the season gimmick so it will go away when the next BG season begins (not sure when that is though)

As far as I know, the Battlegrounds seasons are going to start during the X.2 patch for each expansion. That's mostly because that's the designated big Battlegrounds patch, though.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Ah lame, they've rolled the achievements for the new expansion already. Now what am I going to do for the next week?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Coming to the conclusion that I have enjoyed Nathria the least out of the entire game since launch. New expac cannot come soon enough.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Coming to the conclusion that I have enjoyed Nathria the least out of the entire game since launch. New expac cannot come soon enough.

What if the Nathria cards supress anything cool that might come from this new expansion?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The idea that Nathria is suppressing anything is kind of laughable on its face. All ten classes have at least one viable deck, several more than one, no deck is head-and-shoulders above anything else, the format is neither too fast nor too slow, their card changes have been largely on point, and no cards (not even Renathal or Denathrius) are omnipresent. It’s honestly been one of the most diverse and well-balanced constructed formats they’ve ever made.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I thought Nathria was fine except for Sire Druid and beast Hunter back when it was busted. My least favorite expansion has been Stormwind, if it hadn't been for battlegrounds I would have quit HS then.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

bravesword posted:

The idea that Nathria is suppressing anything is kind of laughable on its face. All ten classes have at least one viable deck, several more than one, no deck is head-and-shoulders above anything else, the format is neither too fast nor too slow, their card changes have been largely on point, and no cards (not even Renathal or Denathrius) are omnipresent. It’s honestly been one of the most diverse and well-balanced constructed formats they’ve ever made.

and it only took 3 months of balance changes to get there, just in time for the next expansion's spoiler season! :v:

Also for real, Nathria won't suppress anything, by design all modern expansions have better cards than the previous expansion so they can sell packs, and if this isn't the case for long enough nerfs/buffs will be done to make it so.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

bravesword posted:

Agreed. We seem to have this conversation every 6 months or so - last X expansions have been terrible , X card has destroyed the game, but at the same time all metrics actually report things are pretty stable. Feels over data

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The best performing deck in the format right now (aggro Druid) is even insanely budget friendly, truly we are in a Golden age

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Blasmeister posted:

The best performing deck in the format right now (aggro Druid) is even insanely budget friendly, truly we are in a Golden age

And they've let it be, which is amazing. Hasn't been nerfed nor any mention of concern.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Why would they nerf it? It's a completely reasonable aggro deck.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

So folks would pay money for the 'expensive' decks.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Oh I gotcha

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

This thread hates Druid

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hating druid is the only reasonable course

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I feel like even ranking up in Wild is possible on a budget these days. It's not just a sea of Quest Hunter/Quest Pirate Warrior/Res Priest anymore.

Imps? Mechs? Silver Hands? All cheap and reasonably viable in Wild. Most top tier Standard decks are pretty OK too, thanks to the power creep.

Blizzard's gonna print some obscene poo poo and nerf it and we're all gonna bitch about how broken it is and then bitch about how it sucks now.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Just take Brann, and toss him in the bin.

Then I'd prefer Infuse in general was looked at as a mechanic (and the way it's naturally inclined towards cards that can generate large volumes of tokens, which influences Class impact like SoO etc.), and I'm being picky but I still think Discover is too strong in general and needs a limiter like only 2, (hence the prevalence of those cards) but that's more my personal dislike of sideboards in general, and Discover is arguably better because it lets you exceed the deck limit easily.

Now, all that moaning aside, I'd agree at least there's more viable decks than before.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I like Castle Nathria in general, but have soured on Sire Denathrius. I used to like it as a closer for control decks, but mass token generation makes it too harsh in my opinion. Just like that one demon hunter card has "Infuse Demon" as an infuse condition, I feel like Denathrius should at least have "Infuse with a Minion You Played", or only target minions with its battlecry or something.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### RenoBane
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (2) Blade Flurry
# 1x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Vanish
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAEBAYaSBAzEAagIkbwC5dECu+8C/KMDofkD+4oE5bAEltQEmtQEl+8EDtQF7gavENWMA6rLA/fUA+fdA5KfBPefBKmzBLezBP3TBNzaBPTdBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I like Castle Nathria in general, but have soured on Sire Denathrius. I used to like it as a closer for control decks, but mass token generation makes it too harsh in my opinion. Just like that one demon hunter card has "Infuse Demon" as an infuse condition, I feel like Denathrius should at least have "Infuse with a Minion You Played", or only target minions with its battlecry or something.

I think starting with the battlecry dealing 1 or 0 damage would be a good way to tone down Denathrius’ power without redesigning or fundamentally changing the card

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah changing the base value or the scaling is the least disruptive way to change Denathrius.

Mr Beens posted:

Agreed. We seem to have this conversation every 6 months or so - last X expansions have been terrible , X card has destroyed the game, but at the same time all metrics actually report things are pretty stable. Feels over data

Oh my complaint was entirely based on my feelings and I made sure to express it as such.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think starting with the battlecry dealing 1 or 0 damage would be a good way to tone down Denathrius’ power without redesigning or fundamentally changing the card

Arguably that’d make it another in the big pile of ‘Neutral cards that might as well be Brown’.

Which is a stupid state of affairs, and arguably not Denathrius’ fault.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Shockeh posted:

Arguably that’d make it another in the big pile of ‘Neutral cards that might as well be Brown’.

Which is a stupid state of affairs, and arguably not Denathrius’ fault.

Druids get the good cards because they are brown-nosers.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

This thread hates Druid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Twitch drops on today for Hearthstone streams. 4 hours for 2 packs

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DK Hero power is in the discover pool for new Hero powers. 1/1 charge, dies at end of turn. Not too shabby. Wonder if I can discover other DK cards.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

RatHat posted:

Twitch drops on today for Hearthstone streams. 4 hours for 2 packs

Do you know which streamers? I looked at their Twitter and didn't see notice of this.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mayveena posted:

Do you know which streamers? I looked at their Twitter and didn't see notice of this.

various ones, im watching bunnyhoppor right now and drops are enabled

https://twitch.tv/bunnyhoppor

Feno's also got drops on and he will probably go a bit longer than bunny

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Yeah just search for Hearthstone and watch one with drops enabled

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Thanks all, I'm watching Sylyssa.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
These signature cards look like they're from a completely different game

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I've not really done the twitch drops stuff until this week but with the other games I did it with the other day (WoW, Darktide and Overwatch) the inventory for drops kept track of progress towards the next drop, it's not doing that with these hearthstone streams for me though.

Edit: Ah, I think it starts at 9 in the UK, it's probably that.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 1, 2022

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Luff posted:

These signature cards look like they're from a completely different game

Yeah, it’s kind of unsettling to go from golden cards to diamond cards to the almost distractingly overanimated legendary skins, then go to the completely lifeless signature treatment. I’m kind of hoping I don’t open any cards I actually want to play in that form.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I assume signature cards turn into a lot of dust right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ hahahaha

The worst part of signature cards is they can’t be disenchanted. So if you get one you don’t like you’re stuck with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah changing the base value or the scaling is the least disruptive way to change Denathrius.

Can they change it so it isn't a battle cry? Like make it a one time end of turn trigger?