Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I done hosed up. I swear moxfield said that tinker was legal. Tinker isn't broken right? I swear I only had the most honorable intentions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

MasterBuilder posted:

I done hosed up. I swear moxfield said that tinker was legal. Tinker isn't broken right? I swear I only had the most honorable intentions.

Alright, you degenerate, you're gonna have to switch that Tinker for a Transmute Artifact.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

MasterBuilder posted:

Tinker isn't broken right?

lol

lmao

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I placed a 90 card order from MPC on 11/26 with the most basic shipping and I think it's already shipped omg

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

I placed a 90 card order from MPC on 11/26 with the most basic shipping and I think it's already shipped omg

N U T

Gonna try and take the decks I ordered back in early November for a spin this Saturday. Thinking Shanna and Korvold for the two pods.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've bought some random proxies from Etsy that are actually higher quality prints than the real ones

Wtf is the point of giving WotC money for anything anymore

Serf
May 5, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

Man I ordered mine in 11/18 and the tracking information still doesn't exist. I got 5 whole decks and some random staples on the way, I'd like to get them in before our holiday tournaments.

Heath posted:

I've bought some random proxies from Etsy that are actually higher quality prints than the real ones

Wtf is the point of giving WotC money for anything anymore

Yeah I get some from a guy I found on there and they come double-sided with the official art on one and alternate art on the other and they're better than the stuff WotC makes lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, you also paid way more per card for them so it kind of checks out.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Aphrodite posted:

Not with Secret Lairs in the mix now

I'll take my $3.99 Blightsteel thanks

Serf
May 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Depends on what number you use. MPC is way cheaper, but takes longer and is for big orders. If I just need 2-3 nice looking cards I'll pay $3 per, especially since if you bought them on the secondary market you'd pay out the rear end for them. $3 for a proxied Doubling Season versus like $85 for a "real" one is an easy decision.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Serf posted:

Man I ordered mine in 11/18 and the tracking information still doesn't exist. I got 5 whole decks and some random staples on the way, I'd like to get them in before our holiday tournaments.

Yeah I get some from a guy I found on there and they come double-sided with the official art on one and alternate art on the other and they're better than the stuff WotC makes lol

I'm wondering if smaller orders they can just blast through, cause my first order was like 110 cards and I received it within two weeks, I want to say.

Cards to share the name of this Etsy guy though? I'm getting into the reason of wanting to beautify one or two of my decks... :getin:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

My 504 card order took about three weeks between placing the order, it going to print, and then arriving at my doorstep. Service was excellent.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

My 504 card order took about three weeks between placing the order, it going to print, and then arriving at my doorstep. Service was excellent.

I directly blame you for my manic dash to place this order, lol (in a good way tho)

I'm already thinking any my next order and how it'll include a full fuckin cEDH deck :blastu:

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I made my first order last night, 3 cedh decks with a bucket of alternate cards to side in. With that handled I don't really have to think about how to make my regular decks hang in high power and can just make them weird/interesting instead for lower power games.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Played Cat and Sphinx and nearly decked myself digging for a Time Sieve using Demonic Consultation.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Is anyone going to PAX Unplugged this weekend?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

As part of my Christmas gifts to people this year, I'm planning on building my sister-in-law a Bruenor Battlehammer deck, as well as trying to get all of the rest of the Companions of Mithral Hall from the Forgotten Realms sets, because she's a fan of the Salvatore novels while also being into Magic. Bruenor just so happens to be her favorite character out of the books, which is why I was going with the full deck for him, and just the cards for the rest. Anyway, I'm looking to keep it under like, $40 for the whole deck, and wouldn't mind a few pointers for decent value Equipment that would be useful. I'm already eyeing a few, like Bloodforged Battle Axe, Two-Handed Axe, and Maul of the Skyclaves, but I'm not set on whether I should go with a more voltron kind of deck, or try more of a wider build, so I don't want to start picking cards up for the deck until I get that hammered out.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Aniodia posted:

I'm looking to keep it under like, $40 for the whole deck, and wouldn't mind a few pointers for decent value Equipment that would be useful.

Mask Of Memory
Meteoric Mace
Heirloom Blade
Quietus Spike
Scytheclaw

edit:
Brass Knuckles
Fireshrieker
Lizard Blades
(My RW equipment deck uses Reyav, Master Smith as the commander, so I didn't have any of the double-strike ones in my deck)

generatrix fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 1, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Colossus Hammer. Always Colossus Hammer.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Colossus Hammer + Thieving Skydiver on turn 3 or 4 is a fun time

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

These equipment are all $0.50 or less. There's tons of good equipment in that price range, apparently. I like Blackblade Reforged. Loxodon Warhammer would be a nice way to give equipped creatures Trample. Sword of Vengeance will also give you Trample, as well as a few other good keywords.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Aphrodite posted:

Colossus Hammer. Always Colossus Hammer.

Yeah, I was aiming for the cheap end of things, but if it's in budget then Colossus Hammer is perfect for Bruenor.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I mentioned it in the discord, and it may just be incidental, but I placed my last MPC order approximately a week ago and then a few days later received a phishing invoice in my PayPal to the tube of $479.

Just another warning to not use a direct CC and just to be careful, even with PayPal!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Johnny Truant posted:

I mentioned it in the discord, and it may just be incidental, but I placed my last MPC order approximately a week ago and then a few days later received a phishing invoice in my PayPal to the tube of $479.

Just another warning to not use a direct CC and just to be careful, even with PayPal!

I tried using a prepaid Visa CC, but they wouldn't accept it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Gynovore posted:

I tried using a prepaid Visa CC, but they wouldn't accept it.

I was able to add a reloadable visa to paypal. You could try adding your prepaid there and then pay using paypal.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

I was able to add a reloadable visa to paypal. You could try adding your prepaid there and then pay using paypal.

Yeah I think I'm going to do this moving forward just to add an extra layer of protection

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I'm thinking about eventually having just a whole mess of proxied decks. I'm talking about all the two-color pairs, all the wedges/shards (minus Jund and Bant) , maybe even four-color and mono-color decks. I think I already have a few middle-of-the-road-ish decks with regards to power level, so I was hoping you would all share some of your favorite decks that meet any of the color criteria above that you would consider tuned/higher power without outright stepping into cEDH. Card price is obviously not an issue since these will be proxied.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Johnny Truant posted:

It's weird, I never heard a Netrunner player talking about this. I wonder if it's something specific about custom proxies, as opposed to created products that are presumably less grey area? Or just a coincidence?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm thinking about eventually having just a whole mess of proxied decks. I'm talking about all the two-color pairs, all the wedges/shards (minus Jund and Bant) , maybe even four-color and mono-color decks. I think I already have a few middle-of-the-road-ish decks with regards to power level, so I was hoping you would all share some of your favorite decks that meet any of the color criteria above that you would consider tuned/higher power without outright stepping into cEDH. Card price is obviously not an issue since these will be proxied.

Just wanted to mention, I'm still planning on making that python script to make double-sided proxy decks but I got COVID and my brain is non functional at the moment. I didn't forget

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Judging by the fun Im having with it on hbrawl, I definitely need to make a Tawnos deck on paper.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Tarnop posted:

Just wanted to mention, I'm still planning on making that python script to make double-sided proxy decks but I got COVID and my brain is non functional at the moment. I didn't forget

What a damned chad.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Magnetic North posted:

It's weird, I never heard a Netrunner player talking about this. I wonder if it's something specific about custom proxies, as opposed to created products that are presumably less grey area? Or just a coincidence?

It's MPC. The consensus on Reddit is that the problem is not dishonest site owners, but either lovely site security, or a lovely third party CC processor.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

You can make any deck spicy and strong, or you can make it middle of the road. But my favorite commanders that lead to a fun theme that over performs are:

Dina, Soulsteeper. golgari bullshit, instantly wins if you get exquisite blood out and there's a bunch of combos or grindy stacks like effects you can do.

Shorikai. Get in the loving EVA, shinji.

Aegar. I call it board wipe tribal as you draw cards from killing poo poo, so it's like mono red burn with a ton of blue control.

Orzov stuff, I like the new commissar as it's funny to me to have her field execute my worthless tokens for card draw. Teysa is also a pretty common architype.

Brago blinky etb bullshit

Jetmir. The idea of him is he's an overrun effect in the command zone, so you make a bunch of creatures then kill every one. I figured the easiest way to do this is have something with haste out and then poop out a bunch of tokens with an X spell like grand crescendo. So I needed to ramp hard to get that to happen. Which gave me the idea to make it kinda group hug. Really it's the party deck. Everyone gets to have fun drawing cards, playing with double or triple mana, just the opposite of stacks really where you encourage people to play magic rather than shut them down. Then once the party has gone on long enough you call in the cleanup crew and have 16 4/1 tokens with vigilance, double strike, trample and often haste. It hangs at higher levels because people are greedy and will let you help them without realizing it's a trap.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQXR-YnWIFk

What an excellent video to make a deck that everyone would loving hate! In simic no less! :v:

Decklist with errors that doesn't have the Ambassador in the Command Zone slot, and doesn't have Kerruga in the Companion slot

https://archidekt.com/decks/3624402#Ambassador_BloppityBlipBlip

Here's what the decklist is supposed to look like

https://archidekt.com/decks/3625537#Der_Flippity_Floop

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 1, 2022

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
A whole lot of effort being negative to create a deck considerably less annoying than your typical wheels or stax deck tbh.

Wow, you're going to make your commander a 9/9 with stickers, i'm very tilted!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jiro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQXR-YnWIFk

What an excellent video to make a deck that everyone would loving hate! In simic no less! :v:

Decklist with errors that doesn't have the Ambassador in the Command Zone slot, and doesn't have Kerruga in the Companion slot

https://archidekt.com/decks/3624402#Ambassador_BloppityBlipBlip

All that Prof's deck was missing was Space Beleren, which he obviously can't play because of the commander.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yo wtf is up with space ebeleren and why anyway? that was one of the first rare cards i ever opened and i wasted so muc htime in the draft just trying to understand it's weird bullshit an potential use. I loved Unfinity but that one card just seemed like an annoying pain in the rear end for very little benefit and making opponents hate you. I assume it's bad, as a joke, but I don't get the joke beyond it being needlessly complicating the board state for everyone involved.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sometimes being annoying is half the reason to play a card, see any wheel or windfall effect

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fair enough but wheel seems like immediately fun/kooky, Space Beleren seems like a worksheet problem to deal with. And lol at this latest professor video, first things I got when playing magic were cards from Unfinity and D&D cards and I thought the dungeon stuff seemed fun. Kept thinking of making a deck with all the bonus junk I could cram in there. I settled on an attractions themed commander deck I've still not got to try out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah that deck seems a lot more fun to play with/against than the turn 3 win storm decks and Grixis Thoracle combo decks I usually see.