Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Finally got a mission in Throneside and woooooow thats a fantastic level.

The only thing that legit 100% annoys me right now is that penances are per-character so if I want to save up I'm basically forced to play a single character the whole week. Even Destiny 2 doesn't do this anymore. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is there some sort of tell for the scriptures? You can see a green glow from the grimoires if you look closely, for scriptures it seems like you just need to know all the possible places they can spawn.

They seem to show their Pick up icon a lot easier than the grims if you are looking at them, that's the best you get I think.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CuddleCryptid posted:

"Pick up 6 grimoires"

*pay 2500 gold to replace*

"Pick up 9 grimoires"

When that feature was first introduced I accidentally replaced "kill 5 monstrosities" with "collect 7 scriptures." (I wanted to see if it replaced everything or just one.) I replaced the collect scriptures and got "collect 12 scriptures." I replaced it again and got "collect 17 scriptures" or some other obscene number. I couldn't afford to replace it a fourth time.

Melk's face when

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wow the starting Ogryn shotgun is trash.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is there some sort of tell for the scriptures? You can see a green glow from the grimoires if you look closely, for scriptures it seems like you just need to know all the possible places they can spawn.

They emanate a low "hiss" sound. I usually hear them before I see them.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Gotta say that the new stat page for weapons is fantastic, huge props to whoever they put to work on that.
Still can't find crit chance though.

Kaddish posted:

I have a theory that this is one of the main reasons for why there's so few Ogryns around.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I thought the starting Ogryn shotgun was decent, definitely not good compared to what you get after but it wasn't bad at exploding packs of dudes from close to mid range before you whip out the club and start whacking.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

Also got confirmation for whoever was asking that height does effect hit box now.

Heckin' knew it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

"Pick up 6 grimoires"

*pay 2500 gold to replace*

"Pick up 9 grimoires"

And you can only reroll 4 challenges :v:

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

My extremely cynical take is that we're not gonna get subclasses at all. We're getting completely new characters, which means having to level from scratch, and having to buy new cosmetics.
It really feels like that's the direction they're taking this game, to me.

Also in truly dark world, gives chance to sell character slots.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Kaddish posted:

It makes a good melee weapon for clearing hordes before you get a cleaver

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

it also gibs enemies in a very satisfying way

Estel
May 4, 2010

Kaddish posted:

I like it, it doesn't have a lot of killing power but is really precise and whatever you hit with it you will knock it down on the ground. All those elites running at your group that no one bothers to tag or kill, one shot at them and they fall to the ground giving time for someone to notice it and kill it or just go yourself and bonk it in the head.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You click a guy with it and it dies. That's all I ask out of a starting weapon. Miles better than what zealot and psyker start with.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've mentioned it before but this "keep warp charges at max for 5 minutes" penance sounds like it'd be the easiest thing on the planet to do but i don't think i've gone more than a minute or two until there's an elevator or a decontamination room or just a complete lull in enemies to brainpop that ruins my streak

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
When you're inspecting your weapon (hold X), you can move your mouse back and forth, and your character will rotate it around. Works with everything, even your hands if you're playing Psyker.
Find it kinda funny that they put in custom animations for this, since I doubt many people know it exists.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you do it with a staff you can make rocket ship noises with your mouth and it's like you've got your very own spaceship

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Cowcaster posted:

i've mentioned it before but this "keep warp charges at max for 5 minutes" penance sounds like it'd be the easiest thing on the planet to do but i don't think i've gone more than a minute or two until there's an elevator or a decontamination room or just a complete lull in enemies to brainpop that ruins my streak

Could a willing team hang out at the end of the mission for 5 minutes? Don't do this without asking first, of course.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Is Matyrdom +5 damage every lost 15 percent of HP or every lost 15 points of HP?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You click a guy with it and it dies. That's all I ask out of a starting weapon. Miles better than what zealot and psyker start with.

Psyker starts with a laspistol, which is extremely good though? Especially as a standoff weapon. They get access to staffs pretty quickly now too.

Granted, there's really no excuse for the autopistol. Even at high level it's still trash.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They make a whispery/wheezy noise you can hear through walls when you're close, that's how I've been finding them.

Kaddish posted:

I recently tried the Kickback again now that I'm level 30 and it's fun but whle it's good at staggering most enemies it doesn't stop Chargers or Bursters so you might as well keep on using the Stubber to kill those or damage them before they reach your team.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

It'd be nice to get some antique autoguns, I always imagine there are still a lot of literal AK47s floating around 40k

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
AK47k

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah I used to have a big chunky ak pattern auto gun in one of my Imperial Guard / Necromunda miniatures. I'd GIS an example but I'm getting nothing but modern day third party stuff, this was from I guess 90's era bits.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The kill XXX with melee/ranged are bugged as hell. I did one mission with killing dregs and for 110 kills, did another mission with them in it and it didn't give me credit for any of them.

Not being able to see if the mission contains them before hand also sucks.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hedron’s options that say coming soon, does that mean “level up more” or “not implemented yet”? followup: is there anything for taking blessings off things yet? have a bunch of purples now that have low numbers but i wouldn’t mind saving the blessings for later if i can

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
it means not implemented yet lol

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've noticed on more than one occasion that they refer to a Valkyrie as a Storm Raptor. Which is odd because afaik there's nothing called a Storm Raptor in 40k, so I'm not sure where that came from.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Broken Cog posted:

When you're inspecting your weapon (hold X), you can move your mouse back and forth, and your character will rotate it around. Works with everything, even your hands if you're playing Psyker.
Find it kinda funny that they put in custom animations for this, since I doubt many people know it exists.
If you do it with your frag grenade out (Vet only unfortunately) you have like a 20% chance to spin the pin around which is a pretty cute little detail :3:

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Floppychop posted:

I've noticed on more than one occasion that they refer to a Valkyrie as a Storm Raptor. Which is odd because afaik there's nothing called a Storm Raptor in 40k, so I'm not sure where that came from.

Could just be what Mizousi calls her craft.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

i just assumed that "Storm Raptor" is the name of the vessel. the pilot is excellent, so maybe it's customized in some way to suit her needs.

edit:

Kith posted:

Yes, I've gotten it on an Autogun and the crit rate increases drastically. Insanely strong perk.

also this is very silly. nice find

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 2, 2022

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah, in practice it really seems the sort of thing where you need to devote like half a run for it just waiting as the psyker brainbursts every enemy in the first area one by one.

It's doubly annoying because the warp charge mechanic isn't even good. At max charges you get some 12% damage bonus that in practice hardly ever actually changes the breakpoints for the number of hits to kill. And even with the later feats you just get some disappointing damage over time or just alright cooldown reduction out of it. Now if the bonus was actually something practically noticeable like a perils reduction or boost to warp attacks charge speed it might be a different thing, but as it stands I 100% cannot be arsed to try and keep the charges up on purpose.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Deptfordx posted:

I like to imagine the Fatshark office being in a state of constant shananigans.

Water buckets precariously balanced over doors, identical twins leading to romcom misunderstandings, Custard pies being thrown, people standing on the edge of preciptious drops, arms flailing, going 'whoop-whoop-whoop', and occasionally some light coding.

Crafting isn’t in because a bucket fell on a senior developer’s head and he had the audacity to ask “who turned out the lights?”

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Perestroika posted:

It's doubly annoying because the warp charge mechanic isn't even good. At max charges you get some 12% damage bonus that in practice hardly ever actually changes the breakpoints for the number of hits to kill. And even with the later feats you just get some disappointing damage over time or just alright cooldown reduction out of it. Now if the bonus was actually something practically noticeable like a perils reduction or boost to warp attacks charge speed it might be a different thing, but as it stands I 100% cannot be arsed to try and keep the charges up on purpose.

I think I'd hate it way more if the effect was meaningful enough that you really want to keep it going and feel like poo poo when it drops. Better than you can just pretend it doesn't exist and not have any issues.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

very technically on the second column there’s a 6% peril reduction per warp charge (24% altogether which is nothing to sneeze at) that i’ve been using, the alternatives being extra force weapon damage that seems good but i think it *only* applies to charged strikes, or something soulblaze related that’s pretty weak unless it got rebalanced

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 2, 2022

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the eviscerator is rad

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

hemale in pain posted:

the eviscerator is rad

:yeah:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

hemale in pain posted:

the eviscerator is rad

:hmmyes:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I had a bug where I changed the melee weapon activation key and it didn't work. Yes I made sure to check for dupes. I changed it back to default and then remade my change multiple times today and it only just now worked the way I want

What a weird bug. And a pretty lovely one when that melee weapon is a power sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Got my ogryn to 30 and got a free orange weapon as a mission reward. Pity it's a Mk IV cleaver, the worst one.