Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
And of course Elon was a huge crybaby about Trent's rather succinct statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can someone screenshot that?

Imagine being mad that Trent left twitter. He maybe sent out a tweet once a season. (Did the NiN account close too?)

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

quote:

While promoting his and Atticus Ross’ score for the new movie Bones and All, Reznor was asked by The Hollywood Reporter for his take on the current state of Twitter under Musk. “Embarrassment,” replied the Nine Inch Nails frontman. “I’m about to depart. We don’t need the arrogance of the billionaire class to feel like they can just come in and solve everything.”

Reznor added that he was thinking of quitting Twitter long before Musk bought the company. “Even without him involved, I just find that it has become such a toxic environment. For my mental health, I need to tune out. I don’t feel good being there anymore.”

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I thought he left twitter over a decade ago

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
He didnt really use it, other than for stuff like this

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Honestly, king poo poo.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

my twitter claim to fame was making a bot that re-tweeted everything trent said but passed it through a pirate-speak filter first. he DM'd me and said thanks for the laugh, offered me tickets to any show on their current tour. the closest show was vegas but i was broke af at the time and couldn't afford the plane ticket so i had to decline. this was around 2009 i think maybe? when they did the "farewell" tour whenever that was. edit: yeah the 2009 nin/ja wave goodbye tour

double edit: lol it's somehow still online and hasn't been deleted or suspended. some good poo poo in there

https://twitter.com/pirate_treznor

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 22, 2022

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Jack White posted an angry tweet and removed himself and Third Man Records from Twitter

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Happy Hippo posted:

Jack White posted an angry tweet and removed himself and Third Man Records from Twitter

:elon:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

New ixi

The saddest Nine Inch Nails song

Leaving Hope

https://youtu.be/BNXhCVWu1TY

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Happy Hippo posted:

Lmao this rules. Two of the most unquestionably Cool guys in the universe just publicly told musk to stuff it. If musk was capable of human emotions I bet he'd be seething with jealous rage right now.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if he knows how to listen to music.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
It's a shame it ended like this because he seems to have had a lot of fun on Twitter at some point

https://twitter.com/eve6/status/1594782902595817502?s=46&t=QcPTfcloYRqnSxb8NLnbjA

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mister Speaker posted:

If musk was capable of human emotions I bet he'd be seething with jealous rage right now.

he’s angry ON THE INSIDE

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

You can tell Musk's genuinely bothered by this stuff because he's been using that emoji like crazy since everything started falling apart for him. Good for Trent though, he has his family and gets to continue making incredible music, he's probably already forgotten that Twitter even exists.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

you can guarantee that Elon has called himself the rockstar of the tech world at least once when describing himself so seeing actual rock stars shun him and his BS probably actually hurts that fragile ego of his.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

This weekend I bought a bootleg TDS picture disc at a record fair. There appear to be grooves on it, but the center hole is too small for the peg on the turntable of my record player, so I can't play it anyway lol

All text is in Spanish, apart from the track titles.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
the donward spiral

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

I hadn't even noticed that, that's amazing :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

the donward spiral
Artwork by Stanley Donward

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

I hadn't even noticed that, that's amazing :allears:

and its missing a song completely

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

obeyasia posted:

They took the title too literally

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
reminds me of the knock-off merch outside one of the gigs this summer, where the tees read 'Nine Inch Nai'

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

obeyasia posted:

Two songs, even!

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I introduced my bf to HTDA this past week and we sat down to watch the this one is on us show from Chicago and goddamn, what a loving awesome show that was.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sai-kun posted:

I introduced my bf to HTDA this past week and we sat down to watch the this one is on us show from Chicago and goddamn, what a loving awesome show that was.
I really wish I could have seen that show in person. They were scheduled to play the same festival as NIN that I went to in 2013 but had to back out :( NIN were excellent (that was the year of the Tension tour with the backup singers), but seeing both NIN and HTDA in the same weekend would've absolutely ruled.

The This One Is On Us show looks loving incredible, yeah.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I still haven't watched it back, and I still need to; it might be the only time I'll ever have ended up at a recorded show, and the whole night was fantastic.

Someday I'll get around to going to an actual NIN show, but catching that one is still something to hang my hat on as a concert-goer.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl4E7lfE9EA

:eyepop:

Ilan is a god

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Yeah. It’s funny how back in the day kids at school used to say “they’ll never play it live, it’s physically impossible!!”

We’ve come so far.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

doing backing vocals at the same time, too
loving wild

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i absolutely thought he was standing up to take a well-deserved break at the end but nope, gotta go from a wild drum solo into a nice slow piano riff :drat:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Passing a Trent audition must be the most demanding position in the industry at this point
gotta be able to swap in on every other instrument on stage and do backing vocals

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Good thing he's just used the same 3 guys since 1994/2005/2009 respectively then :v:

In all seriousness, while it's nice to see the stability after running through band members like a knife through butter during the first 20 years of NIN's existence, I do miss the way the ever-changing lineups would influence the overall sound of the arrangements. Would be nice to see some new blood come on board for the next major album/tour.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He should bring back the 80s style back-up singers
that arrangement of "All Time Low" loving whipped

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NuclearPotato posted:

Good thing he's just used the same 3 guys since 1994/2005/2009 respectively then :v:

In all seriousness, while it's nice to see the stability after running through band members like a knife through butter during the first 20 years of NIN's existence, I do miss the way the ever-changing lineups would influence the overall sound of the arrangements. Would be nice to see some new blood come on board for the next major album/tour.

He wants to do something different for the next tour. After the tour ended he was talking about how this current iteration of the show (stretching back to the 2018 shows) as being over. So there probably will be something new if he tours or plays again which I'm sure he will.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trent and Atticus' score for Sam Mendes' movie Empire of Light is out today. I'm listening to it now and so far it's mostly just beautiful piano pieces. No acoustic guitar like on the Bones and All score. Would definitely recommend if you need some calming background music.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Rageaholic posted:

Trent and Atticus' score for Sam Mendes' movie Empire of Light is out today. I'm listening to it now and so far it's mostly just beautiful piano pieces. No acoustic guitar like on the Bones and All score. Would definitely recommend if you need some calming background music.

Nice, I'm loving this vibe right now. Finally a NIN Christmas album!

I've lost track of what all these movies are at this point, but it's nice getting so much music

hbxli
Aug 4, 2004

BABIES... THEY'RE BABIES
NIN Christmas album you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s26_YdkA5TE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:bisonyes:

I am now in the Christmas spirit

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011