Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
They bring up that bakery case a lot in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Welp

https://twitter.com/goadgatsby/status/1598363345240875010?s=46&t=qIPR_7KLXVlUAr_ozKa32g

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oh, they keep black bagging him? No wonder he keeps walking off sets. He's trying to escape.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

According to the conservative Evangelicals, the end is nigh. The Respect for Marriage Act has painted a target on the back of every Christian in America. Opposition to homosexuality is now illegal, and IRS agents are going to sue every non-gay-affirming church into oblivion Any Day Now.

Not for the first time, I really wish the Democrats were half as aggressive as gibbering rightwing loons think they are.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s going great!

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1598367806348996608?s=46&t=coHgngWm7ouue0VeDa8m3Q

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/stat...ber%3D2066pti29

Presented without comment, because what can you even say.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Neito posted:

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/stat...ber%3D2066pti29

Presented without comment, because what can you even say.

From "George Bush doesn't care about black people" to this, he sure knows how to do a mic drop!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm the idiot who's actually listening, and it has now progressed to "I hate the word evil next to Nazis" and "I love Nazis". It's surreal watching a meltdown like this in real time. It's getting increasingly discomfiting.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm the idiot who's actually listening, and it has now progressed to "I hate the word evil next to Nazis" and "I love Nazis". It's surreal watching a meltdown like this in real time. It's getting increasingly discomfiting.

This is how I've felt about Kanye's descent into madness since 2020. It's really uncomfortable especially if it's being spurred on by enablers.

Not that his behavior should be excused, of course.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Angry_Ed posted:

This is how I've felt about Kanye's descent into madness since 2020. It's really uncomfortable especially if it's being spurred on by enablers.

Not that his behavior should be excused, of course.

Yeah it has nothing really to do with mental illness. I know a ton of people who are mentally ill and none of them are Nazis.

Kanye's just a gigantic bigoted shitheel. If anything his people have been reigning him in and now the mask is off.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Jones just "Some of them are good people"-ed Jews. Holy poo poo!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not for the first time, I really wish the Democrats were half as aggressive as gibbering rightwing loons think they are.

They're pretty aggressive on that rail strike

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Joel Greenberg 11y prison, 10y of supervised release.
Matt Gaetz, so far nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXQ4nYfhukg

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/01/us/politics/matt-gaetz-confidant-greenberg-sentence.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

"Mr. Greenberg has told federal authorities that he witnessed Mr. Gaetz have sex with the 17-year-old girl and that she was paid. In documents filed in connection with Mr. Greenberg’s sentencing, the Justice Department said he had “provided truthful and timely information” that led to the charging of at least four other people and “provided substantial assistance on other matters” that the government would address only in a sealed filing.

But there are several hurdles to bringing a case against Mr. Gaetz, who has denied any wrongdoing. Among the challenges is that the girl has said she does not believe she was a victim."

e: He's being sent to Federal Correctional Complex in Sumter, which looks like the whitest of the white mans prisons.
I can only assume it also has a maid service.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 1, 2022

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah it has nothing really to do with mental illness. I know a ton of people who are mentally ill and none of them are Nazis.

Kanye's just a gigantic bigoted shitheel. If anything his people have been reigning him in and now the mask is off.

Or the mask is back on, in this case

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Queering Wheel posted:

Or the mask is back on, in this case

Maybe the Kanye persona was the mask the whole time :thunk:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Here is the actual video of that

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1598374795556622368

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

Joel Greenberg 11y prison, 10y of supervised release.
Matt Gaetz, so far nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXQ4nYfhukg

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/01/us/politics/matt-gaetz-confidant-greenberg-sentence.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

"Mr. Greenberg has told federal authorities that he witnessed Mr. Gaetz have sex with the 17-year-old girl and that she was paid. In documents filed in connection with Mr. Greenberg’s sentencing, the Justice Department said he had “provided truthful and timely information” that led to the charging of at least four other people and “provided substantial assistance on other matters” that the government would address only in a sealed filing.

But there are several hurdles to bringing a case against Mr. Gaetz, who has denied any wrongdoing. Among the challenges is that the girl has said she does not believe she was a victim."

e: He's being sent to Federal Correctional Complex in Sumter, which looks like the whitest of the white mans prisons.
I can only assume it also has a maid service.

Is there no charge that can be brought regardless of the girl thinking she's a victim or not? Or is the problem more that if she won't testify then they have no case?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The right really has a hardon for getting mad about Balenciaga as of late. Guess it's this years "cuties" for them-constantly condemning it and attacking anyone that doesn't share their contempt.

https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/status/1597039257239310336?t=6TMm_yV6k7cenHweuzJDuw&s=19

https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7/status/1597565405287288832?t=HzSLNtHqq78D5X1G9A7YbQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/againstgrmrs/status/1595470067550285825?t=I6bfN0hywq7EsC3Uf3Yh_g&s=19

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1597718993099710464?t=-C5-fJr4z1k1Fx-a2dEf6w&s=19

... And so on.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

That's because it's always projection and the GOP is full of pedos including one of the longest serving Speakers in US history.

When's the last time you heard one of these fuckers talk about Hastert? If Harry Reid had been a pedo you'd be hearing it weekly to this day.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

According to the conservative Evangelicals, the end is nigh.

What, AGAIN?

Man, I've been hearing this for decades now and I wish the gently caress God would just get the hell on with it.

Kidding aside, this tactic is surprisingly effective on a large number of people and has been used for centuries. I mean, I know everyone here knows that but at a certain point you'd think these folks would adjust and realize how many countless times the world did not, in fact, end.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

What, AGAIN?

Man, I've been hearing this for decades now and I wish the gently caress God would just get the hell on with it.

2000ish years. The second coming was supposed to be like, right after he died. Any minute now.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

When you're in a death cult, that's the ultimate goal. It's how dudes like Harold Camping and Oral Roberts got rich.
Just gotta give the folks what they want to hear and they'll sell everything they own to get it, because who cares? Jesus is returning, I and everyone I like get to go to heaven, everyone I don't like gets to suffer for eternity.

It's been the scam for centuries now, and people are raised into being the marks.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

That's because it's always projection and the GOP is full of pedos including one of the longest serving Speakers in US history.

When's the last time you heard one of these fuckers talk about Hastert? If Harry Reid had been a pedo you'd be hearing it weekly to this day.

100%. https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/vgmary/comment/id27rvz/ Here are a couple reddit comments chronicling a massive list of republican politicians who have been charged with being pedophiles/sexual predators. It's... a lot.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jaxyon posted:

Sure, but it's also about fixating on a target and using it to separate ingroup and outgroup affiliation. So it's less about whether you are a groomer or not, and more about whether or not you are guilty by association.

Speak out about MyPillow? Well why are you okay with Balenciaga?

Apple store thinking of pulling Twitter from the apple store? Yet they keep Balenciaga, how hypocritical!

Oh you say you support #MeToo, yet I haven't seen you throw a bondage teddy bear into a wood chipper as a warning to other pedophiles, how troubling...

You say you want comprehensive sex education, yet you are oddly silent about protecting children from Balenciaga, obviously you're on their side!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

Is there no charge that can be brought regardless of the girl thinking she's a victim or not? Or is the problem more that if she won't testify then they have no case?
You aren't going to make a run at a sitting Congressman unless you are 100% sure you win that case. You would think that they would have enough, but it sure seems like they must not think that it's an iron-clad conviction.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
what the gently caress is a Balenciaga anyways

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Right? Like they pulled some poo poo out of the corner of the internet or Hollywood and are like, “see this is liberal culture!”

If these people are pedos then put them in prison. Nuff said.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

When you're in a death cult, that's the ultimate goal. It's how dudes like Harold Camping and Oral Roberts got rich.
Just gotta give the folks what they want to hear and they'll sell everything they own to get it, because who cares? Jesus is returning, I and everyone I like get to go to heaven, everyone I don't like gets to suffer for eternity.

It's been the scam for centuries now, and people are raised into being the marks.

Didn't Harold Camping literally die of embarrassment over being wrong one too many times about his end of the world predictions?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Going only by the two photos I've seen, and unless there's more photos that are truly weird and gross, I would assume they make punk-rock apparel stuff like studded collars and fishnets.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Murgos posted:

Right? Like they pulled some poo poo out of the corner of the internet or Hollywood and are like, “see this is liberal culture!”

If these people are pedos then put them in prison. Nuff said.

I found this description of the controversy:

https://www.thecut.com/2022/11/what-to-know-about-the-balenciaga-ad-scandal.html

It's not child sexual abuse images. It's loving weird, it shows poor judgement, and I haven't the faintest idea why they chose to do something like this, but it's not child sexual abuse images.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Reminder that these are the same brain worms that have resulted in many other moral panics. For example, M rated games targeted at adults being confused for being aimed at children by sleight of hand saying only children play video games. Any cartoon pitched at adults will generate a moral panic because some cartoons are for children.

It's what they do, and it's purposeful. It doesn't matter how not for children any of this actually is.

This also goes the other way. Strippers exist therefore drag story hour at the library for kids is lewd. They make bank on some of these cultural issues because the audience is people in other states or in older demographics who literally have no context or idea what's going on in the real world.

These are credulous people who want to believe in some kind of grand moral degradation of society because it makes the fascist things they want to happen seem more necessary and inevitable.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 2, 2022

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Going only by the two photos I've seen, and unless there's more photos that are truly weird and gross, I would assume they make punk-rock apparel stuff like studded collars and fishnets.

Looking up the controversial photos and...

That's it? I honestly expected there to a bit more to the whole thing. We really are just in another satanic panic wave,

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ambitious Spider posted:

That's it? I honestly expected there to a bit more to the whole thing. We really are just in another satanic panic wave,

Well, the funny thing, is that the way it was initially described to me, without seeing the details or the images, was:

"Children holding teddy bears wearing bondage gear"

and that doesn't really make it clear that the bears are the ones wearing the bondage gear -- obviously still weird, but much better than the other way that sentence could be interpreted.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Also Balanciega cut ties with the agency who did the shoot on their behalf and issued a public apology

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

IKR

I've seen a dude dressed like the first bear at a loving RenFaire

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Buck Sexton is convinced that there are pictures of children at a strip club stuffing dollar bills into strippers' g strings for an LGBT pride event, I'm obviously not going to google this but given the source I question if these images even exist.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

:same: I literally never heard of or saw that word until just now, in this thread. So my concern level over whatever they may or may not have been up to is.. low.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

They make stupid overpriced clothes for stupid rich people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's not as bad as the right-wing freakout makes it out to be, but that doesn't mean it's not bad. It's absolutely weird and creepy and Balenciaga was right to fire the agency that thought this was a good idea.