Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sankara posted:

Griffin cowardly suggesting to (potentially) end the podcast in 10 years... for shame.

Maybe he was suggesting a murder suicide type thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If anyone votes to end it they should be banned from all podcasts

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bip Roberts posted:

If anyone votes to end it they should be banned from all podcasts

Well, all but one.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Charlie McElroy on besties this week was so good. Also, griffin doesn't hate Pentiment anymore which makes me a little sad because that was a great bit.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

"books level boring" is a new go-to phrase

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I wish they turned the audiences volume up. I listen at work and it just sounds like dead air after every joke.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I wasn't there but from the banter about there still being seats left I got the feeling it was just a rough show!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Not being able to fill all the seats doesn't mean it's a bad show. The people who went probably had a good time.

I was at the rescheduled due to hurricane Orlando show and it wasn't full either but it was a great show.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They got decent play out of the Birmingham show being 69% filled a while back, which is frankly more than I expected they would get down there.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Warbird posted:

They got decent play out of the Birmingham show being 69% filled a while back, which is frankly more than I expected they would get down there.

nice

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I was curious so I checked their reddit and someone at the show said it wasn't even half full. You can still do a good show to a low audience for sure, but that had to hurt a bit. Touring is expensive, hope they at least broke even on the night I guess.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They sold out the city I saw them in, but I do wonder if they've plateaued in terms of new fans. Like Jerry Lewis before them, these aging rockstars, soon these three McElory dads will be 80 playing to a crowd of 70 year olds.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
TAZ: Benson is an exciting character I can't wait to see more of. There's no way he'll let me down.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh, I was wondering why they were saying to turn the balcony lights down and joking about how they couldn't handle it. The balconies were empty. I didn't get that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

They sold out the city I saw them in, but I do wonder if they've plateaued in terms of new fans.

Punished Griffin

Venom Travis

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
The Phantom Justin

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Naked Clint

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Liquid Dougie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Jokes, who lives on through this arm, Brother McElory!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

CatstropheWaitress posted:

They sold out the city I saw them in, but I do wonder if they've plateaued in terms of new fans. Like Jerry Lewis before them, these aging rockstars, soon these three McElory dads will be 80 playing to a crowd of 70 year olds.

It could be that, but I'm sure a significant prospect is the ongoing pandemic. Am I really going to risk getting a debilitating disease seeing a podcast live? Especially with the knowledge that the live shows are usually kinda meh? I think not.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The McElroys started out as one of a handful of comedy podcasts, and one of the even fewer that were funny. Now, there are a ton of comedy podcasts. Then, they conquered Actual Plays with TAZ: Balance, but saw a predictable drop in viewership, which was worsened by some lackluster follow-up campaigns. They don't update Monster Factory as often anymore, and they lost the benefit of Polygon for promotion. All of the boys also have kids to raise now, too.

Live shows are something that just don't happen as much anymore thanks to COVID. My favorite Actual Play, Dungeons and Daddies, which started to pick up steam just before the lockdowns, has never done a live show which is a huge rarity for the genre. There are also just way more podcasts now since COVID, with true crime and celebrity podcasts taking more of the market share. It's kind of understandable that the McElroys have to share the limelight.

I've noticed that TAZ has been picking up steam, though. A lot of the places I hover over consider it one of the better casts again as some opinion has turned against some of the other big Actual Plays. Who knows.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The thing about TAZ is what it offers differs depending on your tastes. If you want solid tabletop gameplay you're poo poo out of luck most of the time. If you want dumb goofs, they've a decent hit rate. If you want a solid narrative from start to finish.....uh, man, your mileage may vary.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The taz goof rate isn't even that high because they spend so much time being over serious, irl mad, or fumbling through rules.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Justin's doing an incredible job imo. Great antics this arc.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Justin is really good at putting a clock on things which stops some of the worst excesses of some of the players. Travis, I mean Travis.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Justin's out today so Travis and Griff are streaming Spy Party instead of Fortnite. This game always looked fun, but man the sole dev took way too long to make it and made it way to complex for a pick up and play.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope that Charlie knows that Elf on the Shelf is just a gimmick, but that she loves the hassle that Justin and other parents have to go thru with moving them around.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

i think the bit in original taz that stands out strongest for me is when clint tries to prostelyze to a bunch of thugs to get past them and ends up threatening them with a train

a great moment of improv rules demonstration where griffin absolutely no sells his own dad.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Justin's Elf on the Shelf story killed me. I almost passed out from laughter.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Pladdicus posted:

i think the bit in original taz that stands out strongest for me is when clint tries to prostelyze to a bunch of thugs to get past them and ends up threatening them with a train

sounds like pretty standard evangelism to me

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Is this still the BDG thread, too?
https://twitter.com/karenyhan/status/1599580944830078976

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:3:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Good for them. BDG seems like a nice guy and his fiancé brings a powerful energy to the content she appears in.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Aww, that's great! Good for them.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

SpacePig posted:

Is this still the BDG thread, too?
you just know there's gotta be some private months-long ARG behind this

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

https://youtu.be/S0iM3bkkpbI

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

they'll like watching birds forever and ever

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The Uncleberry Saga continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9eGsO9P1I

Chimeraland is utterly baffling. How is someone's weird house with an arcade machine that you can clean the first thing you see in-game? :psyduck:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Oh that's great BDG news. I thought I'd read he was gay so that confused me for a second. That's dope because those two seem like the perfect match of weirdness. Digging the beard too.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Just Chamber posted:

Oh that's great BDG news. I thought I'd read he was gay so that confused me for a second. That's dope because those two seem like the perfect match of weirdness. Digging the beard too.

The theater kids claimed him as bisexual because he is a theater kid that wears Saturday shorts very well.

Bisexual people marry straight all the time, anyway.