Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I am running what feels like 30 fps lower on the same settings than I did in the beta (no raytracing) so that's cool. A 3080 Ti should not be struggling with this.

Even by those standards the hab block level has run substantially worse than the others both in the beta and now with really bad stuttering when I turn the camera. I might just avoid it for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

If you're not already aware, most people are playing on steam and there's no cross play. At least you don't get the toughness bug!

Yeah, the no crossplay thing is absolute garbage. I only just found out about it. I'm on gamepass, but all my friends will get it on steam when they do. Has there been any word about it being in the works?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Internet Explorer posted:

Yeah, it's something that's going on on that level. I have the same card and resolution and ran into the same thing tonight. I asked my team if it was bad for them and all said yes.

I noticed a similar thing on another level (the one where you go up quite a few flights of stairs in a metal tower early on that can be kind of rough).

I think it's an issue with volumetric fog and ray traced lighting nearby.

I had the same issue I think, the mission that ends by the tree?

I'm confident it was the fog but for all I know it was today's Nvidia drivers.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I am running what feels like 30 fps lower on the same settings than I did in the beta (no raytracing) so that's cool. A 3080 Ti should not be struggling with this.

Even by those standards the hab block level has run substantially worse than the others both in the beta and now with really bad stuttering when I turn the camera. I might just avoid it for now.

I've got a 3080 and it's been solid for me with these settings. The biggest difference was turning off ray tracing.

DLSS - off
Ray Tracing - off
Worker Threads - 8 (of 15 max)

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hats off to anyone still playing veteran and not constantly dying.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Republicans posted:

just difficulty 2 but I saw a surprising number of pubs pull it off.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Republicans posted:

I honestly feel stronger, i've barely died since release

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Frush posted:

Yeah, the no crossplay thing is absolute garbage. I only just found out about it. I'm on gamepass, but all my friends will get it on steam when they do. Has there been any word about it being in the works?

Crossplay between Steam and Gamepass is rare. Both Steam and Gamepass provide backend functionality for multiplayer, but for obvious reasons are incompatible with each other. If a game wanted to have crossplay between those platforms, then its devs would need to create their own multiplayer backend.

Do you really trust Fatshark to make that?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
With the new drivers my performance is back at pre-release beta levels. I figure whatever FS did for release was based on these new drivers, which I feel like seems annoyingly common and I don't know if game devs are to blame or nVidia for slacking on releasing them on time.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
just had AMD release too, no notes on darktide

the "please update your drivers" on the launcher be serious

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It mostly runs "ok" now with gpu hardware scheduling but some maps and effects (Psyker impact staff effects and stubber smoke, in particular) still tank my FPS.

Still looking forward to getting a new thinking rock to put this 7700k out of its misery though

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z9a2fj/psa_rtx_is_always_on_despite_what_options_you/

I can confirm that doing this and manually removing the RTX stuff in the config file improved my performance a ton.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

skaianDestiny posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z9a2fj/psa_rtx_is_always_on_despite_what_options_you/

I can confirm that doing this and manually removing the RTX stuff in the config file improved my performance a ton.

Just tried this and the performance is night and day. Had all the RTX stuff turned off in options, it was all still turned on in the config file.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

People having wildly differing experiences performance and crash-wise, quite strange.

My group is all playing on gamespass and it's running really well for me (5900x and RTX3070, raytracing and DLSS on) and no crashes yet.

Game is great fun, not sure about the feel of progression yet but I'm not too stressed if the base gameplay is this good. Cosmetic shop on day one is more of an irritation where there's other things they should've focused on (crafting etc) as a priority.

edit: on the plus side its not loot boxes

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Keep in mind patches might overwrite your settings file so its worth keeping a copy, or making it read-only (but then you can't change settings ingame)

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Anyone have an ogryn build idea? Most of the talents seem pretty lovely!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Republicans posted:

Don't need skill when I have a shovel
https://i.imgur.com/lLtWhaF.mp4

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Talents in general are weak. I feel like until we get a real sense of how item perks work at higher levels and how they stack with feats that's not likely to change soon. Very few feats change how I play. Mostly they just make me play the exact same way. There's one zealot feat that gives the whole team back 20% toughness when I use my active and that's the only one on the whole list that feels substantially different in play. The others are there and they work but +20% damage is never going to feel "powerful" in a hectic melee, you just can't tell.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Classes are much more in-depth than careers, furthermore,

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

For cohesion I just stick on the “team takes less toughness damage overall” perk, seems like the most bang for your buck since it’s always active.

I’d say one other perk which changes how I play is the “doing damage in the 5 second invuln window heals you”, because then you can really throw caution to the wind.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The chain weapon blessing that makes you move 20% faster for 2 seconds on rev is probably the funnest blessing I’ve found so far and it’s still kinda trash! There are other good blessings but a lot if it is just tiny percentile buffs or what have you, as are most feats.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
10% toughness back on multiple melee hits (ie most of them) is pretty nuts. Never punished for my mistakes.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Mendrian posted:

Talents in general are weak. I feel like until we get a real sense of how item perks work at higher levels and how they stack with feats that's not likely to change soon. Very few feats change how I play. Mostly they just make me play the exact same way. There's one zealot feat that gives the whole team back 20% toughness when I use my active and that's the only one on the whole list that feels substantially different in play. The others are there and they work but +20% damage is never going to feel "powerful" in a hectic melee, you just can't tell.

There's a zealot talent that gives you 75% damage resistance, one that gives you Lifesteal when you hit 1 hp, one that gives your charge two uses. What kind of changes are you expecting if those aren't major?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Real Cool Catfish posted:

10% toughness back on multiple melee hits (ie most of them) is pretty nuts. Never punished for my mistakes.

I wonder if you can still build that absurd DR bleed zealot now that bleed is fixed.

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

I wonder if you can still build that absurd DR bleed zealot now that bleed is fixed.

I think that build will still work just fine, the combo of 75% toughness DR on critical hit and +10% crit chance on bleeding enemies still works. You'll just not be applying ridiculous amounts of bleed anymore.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://youtu.be/Q_-I3Y58xLA

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
something is definitely wrong with at least the display of the challenges, because I have one that is just "complete 15 missions" that currently has no progress on it somehow

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

raverrn posted:

There's a zealot talent that gives you 75% damage resistance, one that gives you Lifesteal when you hit 1 hp, one that gives your charge two uses. What kind of changes are you expecting if those aren't major?

They're good but they don't really change the gameplay too much. For awhile i was waiting to unlock new special abilities to try or new grenades but the nearest i've gotten is the ogryn grenade box actually exploding.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Don't need skill when I have a shovel
https://i.imgur.com/lLtWhaF.mp4

I'm glad to see evidence of someone actually knowing to go full on defence and dodging properly when they aggro a daemonhost instead of what I see most people do, which is get loving slaughtered

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

there were 3 maps in a zone they didn't want to show in the pr beta right? so that's the 'london bridge' map in the Victorian style area? so there are currently 2 maps I still haven't seen in rotation... right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Qmass posted:

there were 3 maps in a zone they didn't want to show in the pr beta right? so that's the 'london bridge' map in the Victorian style area? so there are currently 2 maps I still haven't seen in rotation... right?

There’s another map in the dusty zone where you go through a bunch of hangars and industrial areas with an interrogator ending event.

The other map I forget what it is but yeah there’s two in addition to the Throneside map.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm glad to see evidence of someone actually knowing to go full on defence and dodging properly when they aggro a daemonhost instead of what I see most people do, which is get loving slaughtered

On the same note, it sure would be nice if pubbies learned that when they're not the target, they ought to pull out their guns and start unloading. Just fought a daemonhost, ended up the target and managed to kite it for some 30 seconds before getting got. The trouble is that almost no damage was done to the daemonhost in that time, because my teammates were all trying to run after it to hit it in melee, but couldn't actually keep up with it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I had to set the config file to read-only to get it to stick. The new drivers helped a lot as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
There's 3 in the dusty zone with 2 of them added on the game release I think, I played one last night that had us going down quite a lot, switching on elevators and such to try and get to a servitor facility, we lost though so didn't get to see the finale. I haven't done the one with all the pipes that people said looks like goatse on the image for the mission but I think that is also in the dusty, mad max zone.

I'm reasonably satisfied with the variety in the maps, they are very grey apart from that dusty zone and some of the forge which is to be expected in a Warhammer thing set in a city I guess, I was expecting a bit more nurgle disease stuff to add more colours to the areas but I guess the invasion is still supposed to be relatively recent?

Hopefully they do a few more missions in Throneside and then whatever they add next is in a more organic zone maybe, like an algae farm (basically an excuse for a forest map that still fits the lore) or somewhere like that or a noble persons massive mansion and grounds maybe, when you're in throneside a character in the group I was in said it's incredible but then I think my zealot character said something like "just wait til you see the topside" with the implication being it'd be even grander.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Jarvisi posted:

Anyone have an ogryn build idea? Most of the talents seem pretty lovely!

I run this for my ogryn with a +Toughness on chain heavy hits slab shield and rumbler:

Basically as long as I'm chaining shield heavies vs more than 1 enemy at a time its pretty hard to die or even lose significant toughness, and you still get emergency toughness from bullrush. That being said, a lot of these are personal taste and don't really change up how you play all that much. Infinite cleave sounds good but knowing Fatshark idk if it does what i'm expecting.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

which is the more accurate braced autogun? (and are braced autos still good? did I see someone say they got nerfed?)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Qmass posted:

which is the more accurate braced autogun? (and are braced autos still good? did I see someone say they got nerfed?)

In the end I actually like the Agripna (or whatever, Warhammer) braced autogun the most. Graia has the fastest RoF, Columnus is in between but the piercing effect on the Agripna is extremely powerful and the shots themselves hit extremely hard individually. They're all individually accurate if you tap fire but Agripna stays the most accurate on longer bursts. None of them stay accurate if you hold the trigger down for a full mag.

If they were nerfed with the launch patch I didn't notice it during the couple hours I was still playing Vet.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fishstick posted:

Infinite cleave sounds good but knowing Fatshark idk if it does what i'm expecting.

My thinking was I don't know exactly when my heavy attacks are fully charged and I don't want to hold them that long in any situation.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Someone in a discord pointed this out in regards to crossplay, which is a way softer stance than earlier. I reckon I'm still gonna hold out hope and play on gamep rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Diephoon posted:

My thinking was I don't know exactly when my heavy attacks are fully charged and I don't want to hold them that long in any situation.

I didnt even know there were differences in charge levels. As long as hold long enough to trigger a heavy attack, it doesnt matter how long you hold it afterwards, does it? I dont remember heavy damage scaling depending on "charge" in V2 for most weapons, if any?