Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BRYAN VS DAX 26 29.55%
JOE VS AR 2 2.27%
RICKY VS ARI 2 2.27%
WILLOW VS ANNA 8 9.09%
ELITE VS DEATH 50 56.82%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

enigmahfc posted:

Aside from a Jade segment that felt like it was building to…..something ( other than Bow Wow cutting a bad promo from the walk in freezer of a TGI Fridays), I liked this show.

Yeah that was a stand out weird moment for me. So Jade is feuding with ... Lil Bow Wow now? A guy who isn't a wrestler? A guy who isn't a guy, and therefore couldn't wrestle Jade even if he was? If they're building this up to "Lil Bow Wow brings in his good close personal friend Sasha Banks to beat Jade" then OK fine I guess, but it's still kinda weird to do this proxy feud. But if it's just gonna be weeks of this and then Jade squashing Kiera Hogan then I don't know what the gently caress.

I mean it felt like they were heavily laying down the ground work for some huge star to debut and beat Jade after her promo about being the biggest star, but she did also give poo poo to the baddies so this could also be building to a feud between Jade, Kiera Hogan, Red Velvet and ... uhhh... Baddie Number Three? In which case no thanks.

Other than that, pretty good Dynamite. Two absolute banger matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

A guy who isn't a guy, and therefore couldn't wrestle Jade even if he was?

I know what you actually meant, but this still made me chuckle

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Dynamite was good

Some of the takes in this thread are really.. something

I do not care to see Bow Wow outside of Jade pump kicking him in the face.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I know what you actually meant, but this still made me chuckle

I think I must have been channeling Scott Steiner there.

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Dynamite was good

Some of the takes in this thread are really.. something

My favourite kind of take is the "I did not like what the heel was saying, so he did a bad job" take. They don't expect people to LIKE it when MJF talks up his buddy Triple H, and the story sure as hell isn't building up to MJF proving that the WWE is superior and trying to be a lazy champion is the way to go.

He's gonna get his rear end kicked repeatedly by Bryan Danielson (when Danielson cuts a heartfelt promo about how much he loves William Regal and how he's a father to him, and pleads with his friend Jon Moxley to not hurt him, and then you put Regal in the hospital, I don't think medical science has a word for the kind of poo poo you've put yourself in) and Eddie Kingston and then cry when he doesn't have his title belt or his diamond ring anymore.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 2, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1598623833619320833?s=20&t=RGy9plFc2B-7NdOAFV2tPw

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Meltz's started grading Kenny on a curve so he doesn't break Will's 5-star count by the end of the series

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

also the acclaimed and daddy rear end had a really good backstage segment, someone in the gdt said it had "just came up with this on the fly" energy, or something to that effect and that's true. i've been thinking about that promo a lot. i'm gonna try to sleep but the promo might keep me awake thinking about it. don't watch dynamite if you want to sleep.

Yeah that segment ruled!

One thing I love about Dynamite is how hyped about wrestling it leaves me feeling the next day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Dancer in the dark, dogville, breaking the waves, Melancholia. All great films.

:agreed: and I'd also add Antichrist and House That Jack Built to that list

Nymphomaniac is something I'd recommend in condensed format, just not in the 5.5 hour uncut collection :rip:

Melancholia is the best

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My Dogville DVD was well worth the dollar I spent when my local video store shut down

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Me whenever I get worked by a heel: MJF doesn't have heel heat, he has Go Away heat :smug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

And the fed trolls in here will say Meltz is paid off by Papa H. Embarrassing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Here's a timestamped link to DDT president Takagi's impression of a conversation with Tony Khan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9XxxAv0zpk&t=650s

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Can’t wait for Jeff Jarrett match to pop the Rampage rating so we can all stop worrying.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

enigmahfc posted:

Mox should have come out and attacked the stretcher and , like....tossed it into the river with Regal on it, or something.

https://i.imgur.com/RFd2GaL.mp4

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

That's indefensible for Hayter vs Storm IMO

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TV matches:

11/23 AEW Dynamite,
Ricky Starks vs Ethan Page : 3.5
Death Triangle vs The Elite : 4.5
Chris Jericho vs Tomohiro Ishii : 4.75

11/30 AEW Dynamite,
Bryan Danielson vs Dax Harwood : 4.25
The Elite vs Death Triangle : 4.5

Jericho's third 4.75 singles match this year.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 2, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Meltz always deducts like half a star from AEW's women's matches for some reason

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t care about the number.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the reason is they're bad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He hated the amount of interference

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was a little much

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Great Dynamite, MJF promo good but too long, garbage thread

Still feels drat good to be Elite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The crowd booing when Toni Storm, the babyface champion who had been working her rear end off and wrestling basically every week for the entire last PPV cycle, kicked out of a belt shot by an interfering heel knocked off like a full star from that match for me.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Meltzer is less relevant than he's ever been

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Love to wake up to a thread completely making GBS threads itself over nothing.

Can we all agree that to the wrestling fan, none of this poo poo is life and death? We had several pretty good weeks of the AEW thread being normal and not a giant pain in the rear end. Then, suddenly, there's one promo that some people liked and some people didn't like and everyone's heads exploded.

Nobody is going to come set your friends and family on fire because you liked or didn't like a wrestling promo, or any other aspect of a wrestling show.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, even if they have the audacity to be the opposite of your opinions. Nobody needs to get poo poo on for whatever they like/dislike and the thread really doesn't need a multi-page derail with petty snipes and stupid bitching.

Is it possible to just talk about wrestling like normal people? To not take everything personal or feel the need to lash out at someone because they feel a different way? Why is it so many people's kneejerk reaction to be sarcastic and antagonistic pricks?

Can everyone just take like 30 steps back, take a few deep breaths, and come back to the thread with a clear head and try not to start any stupid arguments? Is it possible to just discuss the thing we like without losing our minds?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok but what if someone doesn't love the Acclaimed? :thunkher:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

we would have to kill them

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

Impossible. Everyone loves the Acclaimed.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

He hated the amount of interference

Dave can interfere with deez nuts

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dave can interfere with deez nuts

Horny posting is banned

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Well that's impossible, we all know that everybody loves The Acclaimed

efb unsurprisingly, and almost word for word too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't like the Acclaimed. :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

we would have to kill them

:ohdear:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I LOVE THE ACCLAIMED! :swoon:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm here for the murder

e: *disappointedly puts knives away*

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

It's been a pleasure posting with yo–

MJeff posted:

oh thank god

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

MJeff posted:

The crowd booing when Toni Storm, the babyface champion who had been working her rear end off and wrestling basically every week for the entire last PPV cycle, kicked out of a belt shot by an interfering heel knocked off like a full star from that match for me.

That part is entirely on Tony Khan rather than either of the women in the match because it was an obvious problem dynamic from the literal moment Toni's reign began

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

MJeff posted:

this, fans booing jon moxley after cancelling his vacation and putting the company on his back, and fans not chanting "Thank you JJ!" after each Jeff Jarrett match are why AEW fans don't deserve anything good. They're fickle and ungrateful. FICKLE

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

That part is entirely on Tony Khan rather than either of the women in the match because it was an obvious problem dynamic from the literal moment Toni's reign began

Booking is important, which is why Dave factors it into his stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

And don't you forget it :hai: