Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tylana posted:

It does at least, finally have a pity mechanic. The amount of grind is a bit HNNNNG (especially as you also need Lua Thrax Plasm to make this poo poo), but you can steadily make progress towards buying the BPs and poo poo from one of the Zariman people (the one you hand voidplumes into).

It think it'd take too long if the RNG does hate you but nicer than "lol suck to be you, want to buy the frame with plat?"

I did forget to mention this but yes, adding everything to Yonta day one was a blessed move I hope they don't forget. always have RNG streak protection!

and at least doublers work on the plasm, so I think i'll just wait for a login doubler and then go into steel path whatever and hope for the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

hazardousmouse posted:

who are these dumbfucks staying for 17 min, rot C is RIGHT THERE

It's kinda weird that it's AABC, someone hears rotation C, they'd assume it means the third one.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo those madmen pulled it off, PS crossplay is live testing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

and switch. everyone is together now.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Awesome! posted:

and switch. everyone is together now.

I thought switch was the swirley circle one?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Nalesh posted:

I thought switch was the swirley circle one?

The swirl just means "not your platform".

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Tip, if you grab a pubbie party for that level 200 conjunction survival, you can subsume Gloom at 272%+ Strength to slow enemies by 95%, bring a tanky frame like Revenant, then spend most time taking pictures of enemies for about 170 Simaris Rep each. Because all of the enemies are running straight towards you then getting locked in place when they hit the gloom bubble, it's easy to snap pics nonstop and it's about as fast as the old stealth missions but you're getting lots of other rewards at the same time. If your party isn't obliterating enemies you can summon Kahl, which has the added bonus for some reason of being able to take pictures of him and all his friends for rep too.

No one has ever noticed enough to call me on it and you can always quick melee without unequipping the camera if you want plausible deniability.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im loving watching you next time you try to get me to do a survival

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Damage done: 1% "huh weird"

also, why is there 1 guy in every group whos like "im gonna go up to level 9999" and gets mad when people leave at 20 mins. Especially when the extraction point countdown breaks because someone got attacked while standing on it so now the whole group needs to leave to get that 1 person out.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
If you're trying to work out how long it will take you to buy/farm the Voruna parts, keep in mind they also have plasm requirements to build. That was fun to find out after I had bought all the parts and went to the foundry.

Also the helmet takes 20 somatic fibers, which sucks but you can get those from lua disruptions at least.

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 2, 2022

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Yareli is better. Deals more damage. Still a "what could've been" frame.

SP Survival is a joke.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grinding out some void storms for the tenet ferrox has reminded me that grineer void storms are probably the most fun thing in warframe. Good evergreen rewards, enemy levels that are sufficient to not be a total joke, and you get to use practically everything the game has to offer. Shame that it's kind of a dead mode and that they fumbled so hard on the corpus version, though it's not like they couldn't set up a corpus skirmish the same way.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

im loving watching you next time you try to get me to do a survival

Hey I said pubbies, I would never slack off in front of my beloved goons

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
A good player can solo carry level cap steel path survival with 4 player spawns do it let me get top kills

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I would love to get Voruna, but every time I play the drat missions on PSN, I get DCed at weird times and lose everything, then I just don't want to play any more

20 minutes, DCed at the loving loading screen to my orbiter, nothing
11ish minutes, someone leaves and it host transfers, then it mission completes me, with NO rewards.

losing 30+ minutes to bull poo poo is stupid as hell

Got the Tenet Ferrox, it's Mediocre, like all lance weapons

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

If you're trying to work out how long it will take you to buy/farm the Voruna parts, keep in mind they also have plasm requirements to build. That was fun to find out after I had bought all the parts and went to the foundry.

Also the helmet takes 20 somatic fibers, which sucks but you can get those from lua disruptions at least.

Somatic Fibers also drop from the conjunction survival nodes, so you'll get a good amount of those while farming. Honestly I actually really like how they did this. Though I will admit that I goofed up and spent plasm on Voruna parts before I remembered I wanted to get an extra set for the helminth. My original plan was to farm until I had enough plasm to buy anything that hadn't already dropped yet for ~maximum efficiency~.
I'm only missing 1 part each from both weapons though, are either of them any good? Keep in mind I have a low threshold for "good" I am using an Exergis in steel path. As much as I like the Felarx and Phenmor and Tenet Arca Plasmor, I'm kinda sick of using them

Has anyone ever used a sniper rifle for non-boss missions? Seems wild to make a new one considering that damage per shot is kinda irrelevant if it only hits 1 target. Maybe if there were more Marked for Death style abilities. That would be cool for a sniper rifle alt fire.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I want to play my PC account on my switch. Let's gooooooo, it feels so close.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Anora posted:

I would love to get Voruna, but every time I play the drat missions on PSN, I get DCed at weird times and lose everything, then I just don't want to play any more

11ish minutes, someone leaves and it host transfers, then it mission completes me, with NO rewards.

Turn off crossplay maybe

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, PC-Xbox crossplay is working pretty well now but it took a bit of smoothing out at first. Disabling it would be a good first troubleshooting step.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
wtf log in this morning, run a mission and die a suspicious number of times. why did all my mods unequip themselves?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Anora posted:

the game is usually very good at recording your rotation drops at the very least. you should get a in game mail from ordus with the missing drops, usually within 5 minutes. you won't get pickup loot but better than nothing.

A Moose posted:

I'm only missing 1 part each from both weapons though, are either of them any good? Keep in mind I have a low threshold for "good"
The sarofang melee feels like MR fodder to me. Ok stats, heavy attack gimmick, heavy blade stance. I'm just kinda shrugging at it though maybe you could build ot up decently. With it's stats i'd normally throwing weeping wounds and blood whatever at it but that doesn't gel well with expending combo for heavies

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 2, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hazardousmouse posted:

wtf log in this morning, run a mission and die a suspicious number of times. why did all my mods unequip themselves?

You may have accidently changed your pre-set to 2 or 3.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I wish, all tabs empty. rebuilt quickly enough I guess. I'm also in the middle of shifting a build from duration to strength and wondering if i've hosed up, recasting untime once a minute felt real nice

temple
Jul 29, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

I wish, all tabs empty. rebuilt quickly enough I guess. I'm also in the middle of shifting a build from duration to strength and wondering if i've hosed up, recasting untime once a minute felt real nice

I think he's saying, did you accidentally click a build tab that was empty and forgot.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yes and i'm saying all three of my tabs were empty of mods

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Thats a new one to me. Though I did do some railjack last night and for some reason I was initially using the default hull even though all the rest of my rj equipment and mods were still in place.

I'm kind of liking Voruna. Switching back and forth between passives is neat and unique, double speed boosts from the 1 is kinda nice, status lunge does a great job setting up co melee and spreading heat/toxin/slash/gas procs though the base damage isn't amazing. I'd probably helminth off the 4, which is a shame because it looks cool, but I haven't really thought about that yet because I don't actually know what mod setup I want to go with.

Sarofang seems pretty mediocre but it looks real cool.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 2, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
it's actually not the first time it's happened to me, rare and weird.

funny, cause i immediately slapped the vauban premium heavy weapon skin over the standard sarofang look. I'm gonna treat it as MR fodder for the moment

man I kinda forgot how annoying it could be to roll the dice looking for specific sister weapons. still feels bad not getting ephemeras, too

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I'm not definitely not spending time farming sisters again for the Tenet Plinx of all things, maybe if they add a Tenet Arca Scisso or something later.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Hello friends who won't remember me.

I got really into this game a while back, then burnt myself out going too hard with farming certain poo poo and took a long hiatus, now I'm getting really into it again. I thought it would be confusing to figure out what I was doing in this game previously. But no, it all came flooding back. Liking riding a lunatic bicycle. I'm not in pure scrub levels anymore but there is still a lot of poo poo about this game I don't understand, so I'm going to keep bothering you with questions.

Starting right now. I just found my fourth ever riven mod, and it's the first one that doesn't seem utterly worthless. So now I've got some questions. I got a Quellor mod which has:

83.6 heat
72.8 cold
81.5 toxin

...that seems really good to me, but I don't actually know what is desirable on a riven rifle mod. Or on any riven mod. Also, the Quellor has a riven rating of 1.15. All I know is that's less than some weapons and more than some weapons. Did I find something cool? Do you generally prefer rivens on weapons with a higher riven disposition? Is this mod in particular worth keeping / is the Quellor worth keeping a riven for? I'm at MR10 so I can't even use the Quellor to decide if I like it yet. Or should I just mash it together with my dumber rivens to make a hopefully less dumb riven?

And finally, happy / surprised to see I wasn't booted from the cool kids club after nearly a year of inactivity. I'll say hi in game eventually, but I'm too clueless to have anything of merit to chime in with so far.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the ideal stats on a riven are, almost always, multishot, critical chance, and critical damage (in roughly that order), with toxic or cold elemental damage*, plain damage, or status chance being circumstantial runners-up but nowhere near as good as the big three (unless the weapon you're talking about simply cannot effectively be built for crit -- but if it can't be built for crit then it's probably a lovely gun with or without a riven)

the other thing is that if you aren't looking to sell a riven and you're just thinking about personal use, it's absolutely worth considering rolls that have 1-2 damage boosting stats and then a quality of life bonus like projectile speed, reload speed, ammo capacity, etc. a disposition of 1.15 is towards the high end (meaning an unpopular or niche weapon) and at that point it's not hard for even a mediocre riven to be numerically stronger than your 8th normal mod, so if you really can't stand long reloads or leading your shots you might as well hold on to one of those rolls if it comes up

*on weapons that don't have that element or viral innately, since the reason this is good is it lets you make viral using fewer slots. as a source of pure damage multiplication, elemental bonuses are nothing to write home about. so for example for kuva / tenet weapons it's good to have a toxic riven on an innate cold weapon and vice-versa, but on a gun that already has innate viral elemental damage is a bad stat, and on a gun that has innate cold toxic on the riven would be good but cold on the riven would be useless.

toxic is also better than cold for rifles, specifically, because Primed Cryo Rounds exists; replacing a 60/60 with a riven is almost always an improvement, whereas replacing PCR with a riven often requires a much better roll to be an improvement, and even then it'll be a smaller one

plain damage USED to be one of the best riven stats but then Steel Path weapon arcanes (which give huge bonuses to raw damage) came into existence, making it less desirable due to how the multiplicative math works out; however, DE just introduced some new weapon arcanes that are potentially competitive in that slot and buff other stats, so plain damage might make a comeback, depending on how that shakes out

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 2, 2022

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

brainSnakes posted:

Hello friends who won't remember me.

I got really into this game a while back, then burnt myself out going too hard with farming certain poo poo and took a long hiatus, now I'm getting really into it again. I thought it would be confusing to figure out what I was doing in this game previously. But no, it all came flooding back. Liking riding a lunatic bicycle. I'm not in pure scrub levels anymore but there is still a lot of poo poo about this game I don't understand, so I'm going to keep bothering you with questions.

Starting right now. I just found my fourth ever riven mod, and it's the first one that doesn't seem utterly worthless. So now I've got some questions. I got a Quellor mod which has:

83.6 heat
72.8 cold
81.5 toxin

...that seems really good to me, but I don't actually know what is desirable on a riven rifle mod. Or on any riven mod. Also, the Quellor has a riven rating of 1.15. All I know is that's less than some weapons and more than some weapons. Did I find something cool? Do you generally prefer rivens on weapons with a higher riven disposition? Is this mod in particular worth keeping / is the Quellor worth keeping a riven for? I'm at MR10 so I can't even use the Quellor to decide if I like it yet. Or should I just mash it together with my dumber rivens to make a hopefully less dumb riven?

And finally, happy / surprised to see I wasn't booted from the cool kids club after nearly a year of inactivity. I'll say hi in game eventually, but I'm too clueless to have anything of merit to chime in with so far.

It really depends on how much you like using that weapon. Selling rivens is a HUGE pain in the rear end. They recently changed new rivens to be generic "melee riven" "rifle riven" "zaw riven" etc that don't count towards your riven cap, but when you first put them on a weapon, it reveals the challenge and now takes up space. Most people just sell the generic rivens for about 20 plat each.

As for stat desirability, that's an interesting one because it could turn out to be either Blast+Toxin if you put it before any other mods, or radiation/gas/blast+Viral if you put it after another elemental mod. IIRC Quellor has a pretty good status chance at base, and I don't think either of its fire modes do radial damage so Galvanized Aptitude should make it hit hard. Not a useless riven, but it doesn't have multishot, which is probably the single most desirable riven stat. Definitely usable but not worth trying to sell. Usually desirable stats include crit chance and crit damage, but the Quellor has really low crit chance on the primary fire, and decent crit chance on the alt fire so I don't know how that changes things.

I like guns with dumb alt fire modes, so the quellor is pretty fun. Also the Stahlta, Tenet Tetra, and the new Aeolak. But it can't clear a room with 1 shot, and it doesn't get a +2000% damage bonus like the Incarnon weapons (from the latest quest hub area), so its never going to be better than "alright"

A Moose fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 2, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got a quellor riven that makes it a good fun gun but the sippy sound it makes bewilders me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

I've got a quellor riven that makes it a good fun gun but the sippy sound it makes bewilders me

Not every gun can be the corinth sound-wise (but they should be).

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
just this on loop for an entire mission really changes the tone of what's going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Ptctl5_qQ&t=95s

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I was wondering why I'd occasionally see "Shadow of Violence" in Steel Path so I looked it up, apparently if Misery hangs out long enough he's a Nekros and he'll summon shadow copies of Violence and Angst.

This isn't my video but at the 40 second mark you can see it get hit by a fissure and turn into Corrupted Shadow of Violence, I'm impressed that the boss nametag updates itself correctly in that situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3laqPA0an8&t=40s

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the ideal stats on a riven are, almost always, multishot, critical chance, and critical damage (in roughly that order)

I'm actually surprised. I assumed since most gun builds want a bunch of elements this would be strong by freeing up mod spots, but in hindsight I can see how those stats would make a stronger weapon.

I know one thing I want from the riven system, and it ain't a Quellor mod. I'll reroll the four I've got into something new soon, then report back here to laugh at whatever the result is.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

Got the parts for the new sniper rifle, spent 150 'lua thrax plasm', get back to the foundry and...

Build requirements: gently caress you 50 more lua thrax plasm :dukedog:

The Lua Thrax purchase option is basically a pity system (which is why all the BP or parts rewards also give you 5 lua thrax plasm), not the intended method of getting all your parts.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe I'm not getting headshots fast enough, but the perigale's ammo efficiency passive doesn't seem to work. That aside, it feels like a solid sniper. Only 3 shots and a long reload still probably puts it behind the komorex or rubico prime as snipers go, but it doesn't seem lacking in power and it looks cool.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

hazardousmouse posted:

the game is usually very good at recording your rotation drops at the very least. you should get a in game mail from ordus with the missing drops, usually within 5 minutes. you won't get pickup loot but better than nothing.

Logged in today, no rewards, no mail, nothing.

The 20 minute one is acting like I never did the mission. The 10 minute one just decided to mission complete me after someone left at the 10 minute mark (gently caress off, stay for the C rotation), I had never touched the exit, some left, Host Transfer, loaded in for like 5 seconds, then mission complete, no rewards. I'm probably also getting salty since my PS4 is dying, and am having to use a friends PS4 while he's not using it, so losing 30+ minutes to bullshit host poo poo that should have been solved like 5 years ago is really aggrivating.

Also if anyone is on the PS4 and has a Khora Prime Nueroptics can I buy it off you? I'm having no luck in getting the relic to drop let alone the actual nueroptics, just like give me a rough time to be on tomorrow, or a DM and I'll see if I can get on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

hazardousmouse posted:

yes and i'm saying all three of my tabs were empty of mods

This happened to me today too, on the Phenmor only though. I think i was in the process of swapping mods when a mission started and noticed I was doing much less damage.