Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

A farting mink posted:

Look mate, I'm not handing anything to loving Hitler here. I have relatives who died in Nazi prison camps. Hitler managed to do some good things for Germany but it was mostly because of all the hate he spewed. Unlike Kanye I'm not a big fan of loving Hitler.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fell out of the guard tower did they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Steadiman posted:

I think he only got a 12 hour probe and the narrative is...well, they don't appear to be happy
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1598650966684860417
Bear in mind this will pass the nexy time Elon tweets some random monkey cheese crying-laughing emoji about how banks are anti free speech for asking interest on their loans or something

From what I've seen, it is permanent, not 12 hour. The 12 hour was initial, but it got bumped to perma.

I mean yeah many will forget, but many "free speech absolutists" (i.e. "let me rant on your business's property about how we need to kill all X") are easier to sour to you than they are to unsour. It'll take quite some pandering and dogwhistling to get 'em back.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

How in the world is the takeaway "Elon fans were scammed about free speech absolutism" given that both Elon and his fans have been engaging in targeted ban campaigns against the left? How is the takeaway not "Elon, a Nazi, curated a platform dominated by his Nazi fans, and they are piss mad that there are consequences for doing Nazi poo poo"?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1598686020630872066?s=20&t=HW14L0zr9KTNYt0kBqO91g

this can't be correct, right? enron showed me a chart saying it was down and everything

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

heavy liquid posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1598686020630872066?s=20&t=HW14L0zr9KTNYt0kBqO91g

this can't be correct, right? enron showed me a chart saying it was down and everything

the sheer amount of "you can't take what kanye said on alex jones out of context, he didn't mean nazis and hitler are good, just that you can find the good in everyone" over the past 20 hours has been astounding

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Just imagine waking up at night thirsty and parched, reaching over and sipping a flat, room temp coke zero. loving gross.

Kale
May 14, 2010

As dogs are to Don so bedside tables are to Elon. Also does that guy have a single photo where his mouth isn't wide upon looking like he's in the midst of what he finds to be a hilarious jape or reacting to seeing a favorite meme or something. He always seems to have that exact same "hurr hurr hurr" expression no matter the situation.

As for Elon getting roasted by his own fans, I mean he didn't have to unban and pal around with every turbo-fascist in America before it spectacularly backfired in under a month. If the whole Chud Qanon audience actually makes an enemy of him now he basically has nobody left either.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 2, 2022

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

Just imagine waking up at night thirsty and parched, reaching over and sipping a flat, room temp coke zero. loving gross.

Coke Zero tastes way better than caffeine free diet coke

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

potato! posted:

Maybe cold and freshly cracked.

I doubt it tastes better than sweetened piss when you wake up with 4AM dry mouth, and it's been sitting out and open for several hours.

nerox
May 20, 2001

potato! posted:

Coke zero is not caffeine free, its sugar free. Caffeine free sodas all taste weird.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

MrQwerty posted:

the sheer amount of "you can't take what kanye said on alex jones out of context, he didn't mean nazis and hitler are good, just that you can find the good in everyone" over the past 20 hours has been astounding

ah yes, "I like hitler", a well known and oft-used standin for "may all living creatures be held in loving kindness".

I think they teach that at Metta training bootcamps for fascist militants

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

nerox posted:

Coke zero is not caffeine free, its sugar free. Caffeine free sodas all taste weird.

I think it's because the caffeine has a bitter taste that helps cancel some of the sweetness. Caffeine free sodas always taste sweeter, and soda is already sweet enough so then it becomes too sweet

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

nerox posted:

Caffeine free sodas all taste weird.

Because they are an abomination unto gods both dark and light.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Decon posted:

Maybe cold and freshly cracked.

I doubt it tastes better than sweetened piss when you wake up with 4AM dry mouth, and it's been sitting out and open for several hours.

brb, buying some caffeine free diet coke for an a/b test

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Cabbages and Kings posted:

ah yes, "I like hitler", a well known and oft-used standin for "may all living creatures be held in loving kindness".

I think they teach that at Metta training bootcamps for fascist militants

those same people refuse to even address anything related to his late-game outright holocaust denial

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
As long as people can separate all this pointless weird online and celebrity drama from the next election.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Kale posted:

As dogs are to Don so bedside tables are to Elon. Also does that guy have a single photo where his mouth isn't wide upon looking like he's in the midst of what he finds to be a hilarious jape or reacting to seeing a favorite meme or something. He always seems to have that exact same "hurr hurr hurr" expression no matter the situation.

As for Elon getting roasted by his own fans, I mean he didn't have to unban and pal around with every turbo-fascist in America before it spectacularly backfired in under a month. If the whole Chud Qanon audience actually makes an enemy of him now he basically has nobody left either.

Don
Elon
Edon?

Troubling

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Barry Foster posted:

Don
Elon
Edon?

Troubling

E-Don

Electro Brasi sleeps with the Teslas.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

4 weeks into Musk's ownership and hitler is a main discussion point. What a weird thing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

potato! posted:

I think it's because the caffeine has a bitter taste that helps cancel some of the sweetness. Caffeine free sodas always taste sweeter, and soda is already sweet enough so then it becomes too sweet

I always found caffeine free pop to have a less 'crisp' taste.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
My grandfather used to drink caffeine free diet coke and I thought it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever tasted when I was a kid

Until I ate microwaved calamari and lemme tell you that's a TRIP

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If you want a caffeine-free soda, 7up, Sprite, and many root beers are way better options

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Just lmao that everyone is ignoring Candace Owens being the worm in his ear. She was already dragged for saying this same stuff years ago and was photographed hanging out with him not long ago.

E: also yoohoo

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Decrepus posted:

E: also yoohoo

Please explain youhoo to me. I'm seeing it here, and also patriots.win (which I hatewatch). How are both sides using it?

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Mt Dew is a poo poo drink, but that it has no caffeine in it here has always been a bigger reason to dislike it.

nerox
May 20, 2001

meatpimp posted:

Please explain youhoo to me.

I can't explain Yoohoo, its like what La Croix would make if they made chocolate milk flavored water.

Actual answer: Kanye was drinking Yoohoo when he was on Alex Jones.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

meatpimp posted:

Please explain youhoo to me. I'm seeing it here, and also patriots.win (which I hatewatch). How are both sides using it?

Yoohoo is some milk drink.

Kanye used yoohoo and a net to physically represent Benjamin Netanyahu as Net-and-Yoohoo during his Alex Jones interview

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

Mt Dew is a poo poo drink, but that it has no caffeine in it here has always been a bigger reason to dislike it.

Are you mistaking Mountain Dew for Sprite? The Dew has caffeine

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nvm beaten

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yoohoo is some milk drink.

Kanye used yoohoo and a net to physically represent Benjamin Net-and-Yoohoo during his Alex Jones interview

Oooooh, I saw him loving with the net and I was wondering what was going on. That is the dumbest 'joke' or 'statement' or whatever it is.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

kazil posted:

Are you mistaking Mountain Dew for Sprite? The Dew has caffeine

Yes, thats what I said.
Mt Dew sucks and here, where I live, it has no caffeine in it. Never has.

Sprite sucks, too.

I think any big brand soda "Lemonade" sucks rear end.

Wheres the lemons?

CumBlast Radius Jr fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 2, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yes, thats what I said.
Mt Dew sucks and here, where I live, it has no caffeine in it. Never has.

sounds like you are drinking caffeine-free mountain dew friendo

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

kazil posted:

sounds like you are drinking caffeine-free mountain dew friendo

I am.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
You know I’m starting to think Musk is lying about just about everything.

Sarcasm aside, I really see the narcissistic lying that I’ve experienced first hand. They’ll say one thing, then say another and vow to the ends of the earth they never contradicted themselves. They’ll just make poo poo up on the spot to gain even the slightest little sheen to their image. Working for one of these people is impossible: they’ll demand one thing and then when it doesn’t work they’ll scream and stamp that’s never what they said.

At first I was giving Musk just the credit of lying for corporate reasons or to save face. Now I see he’s one of those types who just…always makes poo poo up. Like 80-95% full of poo poo. No, Elon’s not “working on it” for any of those features he said he was. He has no clue.

The Sam quote on his bedside is such an obvious lie it’s hilarious. And now I’m seeing the pattern. I know I’m late to the party but man.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In Australia Mountain Dew has no caffeine and is very different

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Strawberry YooHoo was the poo poo when I was a kid

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MikeJF posted:

In Australia Mountain Dew has no caffeine and is very different

Did they swap for it alcohol? Otherwise that’s just a sad drink that needs put out of its misery.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

You know I’m starting to think Musk is lying about just about everything.

I think many people thinking that.

I think Kanye may genuinely think he is doing something like that too, and hes going to do some big turn around and its going to also be his next album.

But they have just totally hosed up.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/PCMag/status/1598651980821430273?cxt=HHwWgoCwxbXgxq8sAAAA

Musk’s Coke loyalty runs so deep, Pepsi’s warehouse is currently wired with explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Strawberry YooHoo was the poo poo when I was a kid

Coconut Yoohoo was short lived but delicious