Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the single black bean is also huge and weird but definitely not a person

e: did you think I meant the whole image was just one black bean lol

Usually if you upscale you can try "light upscale redo" and not get dramatic changes like that. It might stay a bean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

This looks like a Team Fortress 3 character

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/EMostaque/status/1598182752523722752

Also, seems like the bot functionality to generate images for free on the official SD discord is back. Uses SD2.0 and produces 768x768 images.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

BoldFace posted:

Also, seems like the bot functionality to generate images for free on the official SD discord is back. Uses SD2.0 and produces 768x768 images.

You beat me to it, but I have a sample of it's new, amazing skills!

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

AARD VARKMAN posted:

e: did you think I meant the whole image was just one black bean lol
haha, yeah I did. The idea of an entire vending machine just to dispense a single gigantic bean is amazing. "a vending machine that only serves cold bean"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
please enjoy these screencaps from my upcoming movie "Dental Phantoms"

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Apple just released a shiny new implementation that can allegedly run stable diffusion ~3x faster than pytorch. I'm not super clear on how to set it up immediately but I'll definitely be giving this a look.

https://github.com/apple/ml-stable-diffusion

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Rutibex posted:

please enjoy these screencaps from my upcoming movie "Dental Phantoms"

these are insane

Rahu posted:

Apple just released a shiny new implementation that can allegedly run stable diffusion ~3x faster than pytorch. I'm not super clear on how to set it up immediately but I'll definitely be giving this a look.

https://github.com/apple/ml-stable-diffusion

perfect, and Mac native! thanks a ton

my contribution is this stupid idea

Siguy
Sep 15, 2010

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0
So far the Mac native version is running slower for me than the other versions (0.5 steps a second for the native swift version versus 1 step a second in Automatic1111) but I assume I’m doing something wrong and that smart people will hook it up to a GUI with all the correct settings next week.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
been off trying to master the anime/merged models to make digital illustrationy stuff, nicked some prompts, cut the chuff, rearranged stuff

got a pretty good cyberskeleton from edgerunners:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

been off trying to master the anime/merged models to make digital illustrationy stuff, nicked some prompts, cut the chuff, rearranged stuff

got a pretty good cyberskeleton from edgerunners:

:hmmyes:
a powerful anime

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I wish the AI Art Generation topic on Twitter was cool art like this thread and not grating chicken littles who just will not stop bitching

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I wish the AI Art Generation topic on Twitter was cool art like this thread and not grating chicken littles who just will not stop bitching

what's super funny to me is that the new model that's in a whitepaper and will be released soon, claims a 500% increase per iteration and 75% less iterations required which ought to put us in a spot where we can do 24 fps video in real time.

So, before we've even begun to understand what any of this actually means for commercial illustrators, we're plunging headlong into procedural, real time video, and the implications of that seem vast and much more interesting to me than simple images. A trivial, not-very-important example: imagine a VR horror game that's got some of this baked in, can track your eyes to see what you're not looking at, infer what you find visually unpleasant, and then spawn monsters, each generation of which is more horrifying to you, personally.

There's tons of industrial applications that instantly come to mind, but I am not rly an Ideas Guy so gods only know what's going to happen when this stuff is baked enough that there's things like Unity / Unreal Engine connectors to it to bring in checkpoints to do specific things in-engine.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Spit out 50 of these, zero retouches, I think these ones are pretty good

quote:

a cat reading tarot cards, antique store background, photograph, epic composition, magnum opus, highly detailed, 8 k, octane render
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: {X}, Size: 1024x1024, Model hash: a9263745, Batch size: 5, Batch pos: 3, Denoising strength: 0.7, First pass size: 512x512

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

what's super funny to me is that the new model that's in a whitepaper and will be released soon, claims a 500% increase per iteration and 75% less iterations required which ought to put us in a spot where we can do 24 fps video in real time.
A perfectly normal looking person doing something perfectly normal and their hands a writhing mass of fingers whipping violently around like a dozen starfish loving.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

SubG posted:

A perfectly normal looking person doing something perfectly normal and their hands a writhing mass of fingers whipping violently around like a dozen starfish loving.

I can't wait

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Been looking at some of the things posted in this thread and woof, methinks I'm gonna have to make a hard pivot from my years of art practice, ain't no way I can compete with an algorithm like this, good lord :stare:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

White Light posted:

Been looking at some of the things posted in this thread and woof, methinks I'm gonna have to make a hard pivot from my years of art practice, ain't no way I can compete with an algorithm like this, good lord :stare:

All of these images were generated using your post as the prompt:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
is the AI mocking him?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

is the AI mocking him?

Perhaps threatening...

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Yeah I got no clue what wavelength y'all are are on right now so have fun with your toys

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

White Light posted:

Yeah I got no clue what wavelength y'all are are on right now so have fun with your toys

Sorry i didn't mean to be flippant if your have a genuine crisis here. But it seems obvious to me this is gonna be bigger than art, way bigger. Every one is gonna lose their job to the AIs, really soon.

Like months

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

White Light posted:

I think artists should get on board instead of being intimidated tbh.

Yes, we can all make cool art with enough prompt crafting. But for every awesome looking image we generate we generate hundreds of images of ugly garbage.

And even the nice looking art, it's just not the same as having full control over the scene and layout that you have creating art manually.

So I can generate a thousand thousand images of nice looking art, but unless I have artistic talent of some kind I still can't really tell the ai what the composition in my head looks like, so if I want to truly bring to life something I'm picturing in my mind I still have to get my hands dirty. The machine can only make master copies.

But once we have tools like these in the hands of the majority of actual artists, things are going to get really interesting.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah but what if the computer is actually just better at art than any human? Kasparov didn't learn all kinds of sick chess moves from deep blue and become an even better master, he just lost and now computers are 100% better than humans at chess.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but what if the computer is actually just better at art than any human? Kasparov didn't learn all kinds of sick chess moves from deep blue and become an even better master, he just lost and now computers are 100% better than humans at chess.

Art isn't a zero sum game. You don't win art.

Art is about creating. A computer is just a tool for creating art. AI isn't going to destroy art the same way Photoshop didn't destroy art and cameras didn't destroy art.

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015

This one was uncannily successful. The cat’s expression really nails a knowing but slightly threatening look that says “Do you really wish to know what is on the other side of this card? Some things cannot be unseen…” i guess it’s just the cocked head and slightly narrowed eyes, but a pretty good gestalt impression..

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yeah TBH getting into this AI art stuff (being a unique intersection of math and computer science with visual art and creativity) has gotten me more interested in other art tools and I signed up for some courses on Blender and Photoshop and stuff. AI art is great for me because it's really easy to get something out of my head onto the screen, then I look at it and think 'wow if I was an artist and could tweak this and this a bit then that would be really cool'.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've been using my apple pencil a lot more recently drawing stuff to throw at the AI so I can get ideas across that it struggles with. Also been doing ridiculous hack Photoshop jobs using MSPaint. It would definitely be easier if I were actually good at either of those things

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Honestly I think artists are gonna have to deal with it, it's part of life now I guess? Ain't no way you can stop all the momentum from the AI train. I don't really think this is the AI's fault more as the general fear of Capitalism taking it to a darker place, you know? Well, the potential for it to happen at least, but honestly what the gently caress do I know, maybe it's my inner Luddite that needs to be reigned in with my programmer side.

I am thankful that I decided to keep it as a hobby for me, it was a very smart move for me to pivot into web development when I had the chance almost a decade ago else it'd be harder for me to navigate this topic 😂

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah as far as all the bad things people predict that AI image (or audio, or anything) generation could lead to - buckle up because it's going to happen.

One solace is that most folks already don't care about what's real or not so maybe not a huge change.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

Yeah TBH getting into this AI art stuff (being a unique intersection of math and computer science with visual art and creativity) has gotten me more interested in other art tools and I signed up for some courses on Blender and Photoshop and stuff. AI art is great for me because it's really easy to get something out of my head onto the screen, then I look at it and think 'wow if I was an artist and could tweak this and this a bit then that would be really cool'.

Exactly this. Artists legitimately thought that photography was going to be the end of painting and by extension art, but all it really did was open up creative avenues for people who would otherwise feel excluded from creating things.

I'm pretty good at Photoshop, but I have zero talent with an actual paintbrush, so it lets me express myself creatively.

Ultimately I think more tools for creating art is always better than less tools, in the long run. I can definitely understand the fear though, and in the short term people cracking out budget level commission art for individuals will probably see a drop in requests/valuation.

Good artists are going to do what they always do though, squeeze every drop of utility they can out, and push the boundaries of what is possible.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Kharmakazy posted:

Good artists are going to do what they always do though, squeeze every drop of utility they can out, and push the boundaries of what is possible.
yeah it's just another tool in the box in the end, if you want to learn to use it. If not, whatever.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

White Light posted:

the wavelength I'm on is that this is at least as disruptive to commercial art as the invention of photoshop was, and also that it will not be the death knell of commercial art, any more than photoshop was.

White Light posted:

I am thankful that I decided to keep it as a hobby for me, it was a very smart move for me to pivot into web development when I had the chance almost a decade ago else it'd be harder for me to navigate this topic 😂

hilariously I started as a graphic design major in 1999, spent a semester realizing I couldn't draw and another semester realizing I didn't want to put the amount of work in to find out if I even could get good at it. So I pivoted to CS, told myself I'd go into "computer art", got a BA with a minor concentration in digital media... and then just have gone on to have a succession of non-artistic computer toucher jobs, which, so far, have likely worked out better for me than anything else would have up to this point at least.

So, tl;dr on that, "same, kinda". I have dabbled with silly creative things here and there, and to me Stablediffusion has just become more of that.

quote:

a cat sitting on a modular synthesizer, music studio background, hackers, photograph, epic composition, magnum opus, highly detailed, 8 k, octane render

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lots of the same people who have been actively cheering on the AI taking everyone's jobs so we end up in a Utopian society, are now mad the AI is gonna take their job too

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

great potential for Dixit cards

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 24, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Lots of the same people who have been actively cheering on the AI taking everyone's jobs so we end up in a Utopian society, are now mad the AI is gonna take their job too

Yeah it's great, the only part we have to change now is needing to make money in order to live.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Analytic Engine posted:

well yeah, it wasn't supposed to take the CREATIVE jobs. those are for creative people, aka artists, aka rich kids

ok come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993