Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AndyElusive posted:

Nvidia GPU user here, I turned off ray tracing and I've been getting pretty steady 60fps during gameplay since doing so. Prior it was pretty iffy and all over the place.

Oh yeah I mean it's definitely a big fps hit and they had that bug I was just saying the stuff in the patch notes wasn't really saying the implementation itself was buggy as long as you're not on amd/Intel which is why it was removed for those cards. Now that there's a big difference on vs off I'll probably keep it off too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

i did start trying out different classes besides psyker last night and boy has that trained me wrong as a joke since now i don't believe that grenades exist

I've been mainly playing Zealot, so when I do switch over to Veteran or Psyker, I feel like this ol' classic:

I see a gaggle of enemies and my brain says "shoot them with your gun", and then my fingers do the "press F and start spamming LMB" thing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
For me the game runs flawlessly now.

Lol holy poo poo - I alt tabbed to make this post and it crashed when tabbing back.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Well, I got it in the end. Turns out the last mission I needed on Heresy was investigation, which I hadn't seen since launch.

Doesn't seem like there's a t4 helmet btw.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Decon posted:

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/geforce-overlay-causing-massive-instability-fps-loss-thoroughly-tested/64479/2

Nvidia users might want to try turning GeForce Overlay off. I did and it seemed better, but I haven't thoroughly tested it on/off.

I've also tried tweaking my worker count to be less than or equal to my physical core count just to see if it changes anything and I'm not sure there but my CPU did seem to be getting worked harder based on temps (but not utilization which is odd but I don't understand hardware or hardware monitoring that well tbh).

I use the Geforce overlay to check my FPS, is there another method ingame I can use if I disable it?

Broken Cog posted:

Well, I got it in the end. Turns out the last mission I needed on Heresy was investigation, which I hadn't seen since launch.

Doesn't seem like there's a t4 helmet btw.

badass

im resigned to never getting the veteran ones because i dont want to shoot my gun with 100% accuracy and zero bullets left

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

I don't recall it being in the patch notes but they seem to have made the Catachan swords not completely useless, which is nice.

Launch day patch notes had a line mentioning they fixed the damage stats of the swords.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Kaddish posted:

For me the game runs flawlessly now.

Lol holy poo poo - I alt tabbed to make this post and it crashed when tabbing back.

Just out of curiosity, was something loading when you tabbed back? Like first joining a level, etc.? I have noticed that even on Fullscreen Borderless it does that, which is wild.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jerkface posted:

I use the Geforce overlay to check my FPS, is there another method ingame I can use if I disable it?

Steam, but I still have my steam overlay disabled from beta.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Internet Explorer posted:

Just out of curiosity, was something loading when you tabbed back? Like first joining a level, etc.? I have noticed that even on Fullscreen Borderless it does that, which is wild.

Nope, was sitting in the hub.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Jerkface posted:

im resigned to never getting the veteran ones because i dont want to shoot my gun with 100% accuracy and zero bullets left

Yeah, that seems like one of the rougher ones. Have had a few in my recent games say they're trying for that, one succeeded.

Also, it's a bit of a shame that you can't buy retextures of the higher tier penance rewards, means you'll always just have the ones you're given. Can imagine that's something they'll change down the line though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

Launch day patch notes had a line mentioning they fixed the damage stats of the swords.

That was turtolsky heavy swords

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

That was turtolsky heavy swords

Fair enough, I've barely played anything but Ogryn so not much recognition for the swords

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Jerkface posted:

Steam has one built-in (Steam -> Settings -> In-Game -> In-game FPS counter) that I'm currently using but I think I'll also disable the ingame overlay just to make totally sure overlays aren't hurting my performance, but at that point I won't have an FPS counter at all :lol:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Played with a heavy sword a little yesterday and it feels very strange. The regular swings felt completely incapable of killing things, and the heavy attacks weren't much better except sometimes they'd go off and decapitate my target with one strike. Maybe it really, really wants to hit weak points and the broad swings are meant to cc until you can pull off a charged attack. Now that we have the damage breakdowns in-game I can investigate.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I played on launch day and I dont have a powerful GPU by todays standards (5700xt) and it ran fine at 1440p. It was putting my CPU through the wringer because I could feel the heat from the AIO rising from the top of my machine, and my cpu is very beefy (7700x), I wonder how CPU intensive this game is when the hordes start popping up, thats probably accounts to a lot of the low 1%s

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I was awarded a 480-power laspistol with a "you can shoot while sprinting" and supression-clearing blessing for my Veteran and it has psychologicaly turned me into a wannabe zealot that rushes into melee firing wildly at every opportunity

it owns

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's the general overarching opinion of etiquette on a high level character joining a babymode difficulty mission, is it acceptable or does it render the game really boring for everyone involved? the last weekly mission i have to finish up on my psyker is "pick up scriptures" and not only does that seem like it'll be a lot easier to knock out on baby mode, it's entirely at the discretion of the map board what difficulty it chooses to assign a scripture secondary objective to.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cowcaster posted:

what's the general overarching opinion on a high level character joining a babymode difficulty mission, is it acceptable or does it render the game really boring for everyone involved? the last weekly mission i have to finish up on my psyker is "pick up scriptures" and not only does that seem like it'll be a lot easier to knock out on baby mode, it's entirely at the discretion of the map board what difficulty it chooses to assign a scripture secondary objective to.

I'm all for it and I can't imagine anybody would really care considering it's XP/Gold/Mats for them to use once the level is over.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Let the babies do most of the work IMO. I'd be more worried about boring yourself. Even Malice feels durdling and boring to me at 30.

Any word on if the toughness > 100 = bonus damage bug?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

what's the general overarching opinion of etiquette on a high level character joining a babymode difficulty mission, is it acceptable or does it render the game really boring for everyone involved? the last weekly mission i have to finish up on my psyker is "pick up scriptures" and not only does that seem like it'll be a lot easier to knock out on baby mode, it's entirely at the discretion of the map board what difficulty it chooses to assign a scripture secondary objective to.

Just go for it. Power differential only matters so much, you're either one tapping poxwalkers and shooters or you're not and I've still seen all 30 difficulty 2 runs go wrong anyway because the Director decided it was four poxburster time.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Any word on if the toughness > 100 = bonus damage bug?

Was a bug, is fixed.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dunno if it's the AMD drivers or the new patch but my game runs good now

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

I think it's nice to finish the mission without wiping, so having someone in the squad with extra curios and better weapons and feats is cool. Even if you're bringing a plasma gun and a power sword to a tier 1 map, I'm pretty sure the other players will still have their hands full during mob fights, servitor interrogations, etc. You'll just be a little better positioned to help them out if they're getting overwhelmed.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

Dunno if it's the AMD drivers or the new patch but my game runs good now

It's the patch. It was a huge improvement.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I’m seeing lots of high level pubs in difficulty 2 because presumably they are just doing weekly mission completions where it’s free

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Just don't be the goober who's sprinting a mile ahead, mercing everything before anyone can touch it. I just played a match where I was doing that and the pubbie kept apologizing every time they went down. It reminds me of when I'd play L4D2 way after release and people would get real lovely if I wasn't speedrunning and doing all of the known exploits. I felt bad, so I stopped sprinting and worked closer with the new players.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Just ask them. Maybe you've got some newbie who wants to gaze at the level, but maybe you've got a bunch of people working on their second alt who are all in on a ten minute speed run for a bunch of fast xp.

Me, personally? I love it. loving go ham, solo the level, I'll trundle behind while watching youtube for ten minutes and collect my free rewards and then roll into another mission. End up with that twice in a row? Sweet, power leveling.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I'm just trying to get to level 30, if some max levels join a hazard 2/3 and make that process a bit faster I'm not going to complain. The power differential doesn't seem so significant that they can solo the mission by themselves, I've still had plenty of wipes in haz 3 games with level 30 characters when the director decides to overwhelm everyone with a bunch of special spawns during a miniboss.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So I main Sienna in Vermintide, so I jumped onto the Psyker and ehhhhhhhhhh.

Staff's seem underpowered as compared to, just equipping a decent ranged weapon and shooting fools.

Also there's too much competition in the Peril space. I want to be brain-bursting specials and spamming my staff, but that generates too much peril. That's before if you want to equip a cool force sword and want to bop tougher enemies in your face with the special (also Peril generating) attack.

I'm having an adequate time, I'm not loving it. If it wasn't for the rapidly decreasing novelty of 40k locations and weapons, I'd rather be Chaos Wasting in V2.

Gonna get Sienna (Edit: I meant my Psyker. Force of habit, lol. ) up to 15, and If i'm still not feeling it, I'll try the Zealot (Saltzpyre being my other go to V2 character)

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 2, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Peril management feels better on higher levels when you get staffs and traits that help with resistance and quelling, but yeah, you'll always be playing second fiddle to whatever veterans are on your team.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, it's crazy how much better this feels with RT off now. Feels like it runs better with it on too but that might just be due to settings stuff I set differently this time, not sure.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is the helbore lasgun good? I like how it has the bayonet and I got the "Kill 5 dudes with your last shot" cheevo pants from it but the sight picture is godawful

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah in case you didn’t know, quelling with a staff out is not only faster but you move faster while doing it, and a brain burst is safe to as long as you’re at or below 80% peril

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

Man, it's crazy how much better this feels with RT off now. Feels like it runs better with it on too but that might just be due to settings stuff I set differently this time, not sure.

I can confirm that it feels a lot better with RT on as well.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They swapped it back to below 97% for brain burst thankfully.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Deptfordx posted:

Staff's seem underpowered as compared to, just equipping a decent ranged weapon and shooting fools.

Also there's too much competition in the Peril space. I want to be brain-bursting specials and spamming my staff, but that generates too much peril. That's before if you want to equip a cool force sword and want to bop tougher enemies in your face with the special (also Peril generating) attack.

I'm having an adequate time, I'm not loving it. If it wasn't for the rapidly decreasing novelty of 40k locations and weapons, I'd rather be Chaos Wasting in V2.

Gonna get Sienna (Edit: I meant my Psyker. Force of habit, lol. ) up to 15, and If i'm still not feeling it, I'll try the Zealot (Saltzpyre being my other go to V2 character)

Psyker sucks until you start getting staffs. Until you level up, your experience is just having your teammates kill all of the enemies you're trying to brainburst.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Pennsylvanian posted:

Psyker sucks until you start getting staffs. Until you level up, your experience is just having your teammates kill all of the enemies you're trying to brainburst.

Psyker really starts feeling good with a good surge or voidstrike staff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Deptfordx posted:

Psyker main here who also used to main Sienna on Vermintide 2's release until pyromancer was made dead and buried and also became a Saltzpyre main, it gets better with feats and bigger number weapons with more % in quelling/warp resist, highly recommend watching for a voidstrike staff with headshots quell peril if you want to relive the old days of spamming the staff attacks 24/7 with barely any heat buildup because the trait removes it faster than you can build it as you pop the heads of entire hordes at once.

Deflector on a force sword let's you block ranged attacks and can let you pull off some awesome moves like this where you can just move towards elite gunners in the open.
https://imgur.com/bv7OHSE
https://i.gyazo.com/1e72b7a4f4e4da4c975b1a1c30c9760c.mp4
Can also check my post history where I made a big effort post about psyker in the thread.

Orv posted:

They swapped it back to below 97% for brain burst thankfully.

Yeah, that felt really bad on the first day before they patched it, right now you can just chain brainbursts back to back with half a second of quelling back to 97%.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 2, 2022

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah, seconding this, Psyker lives and dies by having good staves. Trauma staff is a solid start, but Voidstrike and Surge are when things really start to get going. Being able to instantly stun a group of enemies from a distance is very useful, as is the ability to just quickly pop individual enemies at range without having to worry about ammo.

I just wish the flamethrower staff was kinda trash.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well after mentioning the scriptures thing i'm at 10/12 scriptures and just had a run where we picked up 3 and it didn't count, i can almost guarantee fatshark fatsharked it up by making it not count if you don't get the exact right number lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

well after mentioning the scriptures thing i'm at 10/12 scriptures and just had a run where we picked up 3 and it didn't count, i can almost guarantee fatshark fatsharked it up by making it not count if you don't get the exact right number lol

Sometimes you don't get quest progress for whatever reason (I sometimes get this with kills for certain groups), but going over the target number isn't an issue.

I think at the end of the week, you'll see that it keeps track of your quest progress over and above the requisite number (or at least it did in the beta).