Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So the full game is out now? Are there colorful, vibrant maps they were hiding in the betas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I dunno about colorful but less grey at least. I suspect the Nurgle garden art will show up as the story goes on during their apparent seasonal plans.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The new patch is awesome. The toughness fix meant I ran through a malice mission on my Vet and took 0 health damage the entire time. The performance is MUCH smoother. Was running pretty smoothly at 50-60 FPS on my 1080 on low @ 2560x1440

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

So the full game is out now? Are there colorful, vibrant maps they were hiding in the betas?

There are two pretty cool desert maps and an upper hive map that's a fancy city street. Plus a desert map and a spaceport train map they added right at the tail end of the beta.

They're all significantly nicer than the maps from early in the beta, and have some interesting setpiece fights. I would not describe them as colorful or vibrant but they are a nice departure from dank sewers, run-down slums, and oppressive factories.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, cool, that's probably good enough, nice.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Can confirm the new maps are nice but don't expect the color palette for darktide grimdark megadank fps tide dark to change anytime soon

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I must have bad luck but whatever job I select the next mission is guaranteed to be full of people playing the same one.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That usually isn't a big issue, 3-4 of the same class can work so long as you don't completely lack anyone who can kill at range.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i was a psyker with three ogryn on a malice mission yesterday and we just walked through the whole drat map. all i had to do was pop elite heads and yeet fireballs into crowds' heads, ez pz

i'm glad they didn't make it unique role/class per game

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

My friend and I were ogryn and we matched with another ogryn and a level 1 psyker. We never left their side and kept calling them boss and smart man. They never responded but we had fun

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaysette posted:

i'm glad they didn't make it unique role/class per game

Yeah me too. I think people were lamenting the loss of hardline roles early on but it's taken the "stress" out of playing in a group because nobody has to play the role they always play.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Three large babies and one small baby is the best team comp.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i always get a little annoyed joining a mission and seeing 2-3 of my class already there but tbh that's probably just the 'tism

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Alright so its confirmed, a 380 power white item will get you to 530 when fully upgraded so save anything within that range!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ciaphas posted:

i always get a little annoyed joining a mission and seeing 2-3 of my class already there but tbh that's probably just the 'tism

I've only had a couple games with perfect class diversity and they were a lot of fun :( wish you could switch on the mission start screen.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Jerkface posted:

I use the Geforce overlay to check my FPS, is there another method ingame I can use if I disable it?

badass

im resigned to never getting the veteran ones because i dont want to shoot my gun with 100% accuracy and zero bullets left

FWIW, the easiest way to do this is do a mission where the end goal is assassination of a heretic sergeant or whatever. Don't shoot your gun during the mission until the very end, then dump all your bullets into this guy's shield, which has a gigantic hitbox. It's actually not that bad, the only thing that can really goof this up is an elite spawning and getting killed by your team during the fight, which will give you some extra ammo you need to dump as well

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not being able to switch classes on the mission start screen could possibly make sense, there's probably something about having to reload all the assets involved with the character from the one you're sitting around in the mission hub with. i'm just glad they implemented being able to switch gear there at least.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

yeah I won't drop from a game unless the players are being egregiously lovely, but it does feel extra good when I get in a group that has everyone :3

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Also, chucking lots of grenades at the dude helps a ton because it's a low mental bandwidth way to deal with all of his trash. I find he's easiest when three things happen:

Grenades deal with the trash so everyone can focus on him.
Someone gets him to engage in melee while:
Other people pour indiscriminate fire into his buble, trading accuracy for DPS.

Like, even as a Zealot I'd shoot the buble because the DPS on auto guns and pistols is pretty high when you're only limited by your literal rate of fire. And then you can save your Zealot Charge or Marksman Mark for when the buble pops.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I just like picking something different from everyone else if I can.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I've only had a couple games with perfect class diversity and they were a lot of fun :( wish you could switch on the mission start screen.

Same. Also so far I feel like every class is pretty fun so it would help me choose what to pick.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Being able to change gear pre-mission is good but I'd like the ready screen to show my team's ranged weapons instead of their melee ones. Much more important to know what range their guns can fight from so I can balance it out if needed.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

big cummers ONLY posted:

Let the babies do most of the work IMO. I'd be more worried about boring yourself. Even Malice feels durdling and boring to me at 30.

Any word on if the toughness > 100 = bonus damage bug?

This. When I'm 30ing with pugs on 2 skull, I mostly just make sure they get kills and don't die

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I keep trying to switch from melee to ranged with my mouse wheel and I end up accidentally throwing my grenades so I may as well not have them.

You'll unbind mousewheel the first time you accidentally switch to a grimoire and toss it, instead of using your expected melee weapon.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

DRG has been my 4-player coop of choice for a while now. I'm loving Darktide so far, but I do have to say...

Not having a "Press V to praise the God Emperor" mechanic is a major missed opportunity imho.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The idea of my game not turning into a stuttery mess every time I dive into a horde is such a weird and unsettling feeling.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Huh, there are actually rooms on the other side of those one way doors swarms come out of. A mutant threw me through one and I got to hang out in there for a bit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DrHammond posted:

DRG has been my 4-player coop of choice for a while now. I'm loving Darktide so far, but I do have to say...

Not having a "Press V to praise the God Emperor" mechanic is a major missed opportunity imho.

it is a shame, i'd swear that button is like 90% responsible for making DRG with pugs chill af

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ciaphas posted:

it is a shame, i'd swear that button is like 90% responsible for making DRG with pugs chill af

Teabagging in the elevator just doesn't have the same ring to it :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've taken to yelling THANKS instead of Rock and Stone and it works for the most part.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DrHammond posted:

Everyone standing around pinging a a plastisteel container saying "We're rich!" over and over

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Gotta say, after the few weeks with beta testing and release, I'm still not sold on the voices/dialogue. The characters are not meant to hang around with each other after each missing, so there's never any character building, and every conversation is just either some of the classes bickering over certain stereotypes of their archetype, or randomly discussing some 40k factoid.

I miss the personality of the characters in VT, and I still don't feel letting you create your own characters was worth losing out on having a developing cast like that.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I think the fact that the characters do all the arguing for you cuts a lot of it down in this game. If someone is hogging all the ammo the other characters will call them out on it, and they'll retort with something about how they need it more because they're better with guns or whatever, and it's all in-character, in-universe dialog that helps cut down the tension.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was super glad to have multiple voices per class but now I think they should have just said "seven voices, all distinct characters". It'd only be two more than vermin tide has and yeah the cracks are already real thin on this on Oblivion-rear end dialogue.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
My preacher is clearly a Khorne worshipper with how he loves yelling blood for the emperor and skulls for his throne

Like bro

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

cosmetics id absolutely pay for right now:

- zealot hat which is just a giant candle on your head
-steel legion/krieg attire for veteran
-ogryn attire thats a big fancy commissar coat with appropriately gigantic hat

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

shirtless catachan vet torso

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Babe Magnet posted:

shirtless catachan vet torso

Nah if you want to make real money you have to have it equippable on the pants slot.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Jerkface posted:

cosmetics id absolutely pay for right now:

- zealot hat which is just a giant candle on your head
-steel legion/krieg attire for veteran
-ogryn attire thats a big fancy commissar coat with appropriately gigantic hat

head candle would fuckin own

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I would like to so four sharpshooters for that Gaunt's Ghosts feel. Hell, you could do three and a psyker. Only in death does duty end, you know.

You know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Black Griffon posted:

I would like to so four sharpshooters for that Gaunt's Ghosts feel.

Game would still need a button so you can scream "Straight Silver" though