Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Salts pig hat in darktide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Orv posted:

It is a nicer one but not anything phenomenal, probably that though.

Unrelated, Vet players; Counterfire works now, though ironically it's broken in a different way and isn't marking Scab shooters.

E: Wow, doing a map with a condition and a full secondary objective actually pays out very nicely now.

Because they're not marked, as shooters still considered "designated targets" for refreshing volley fire? That's one reason I want to Counterfire over the other perk above it on the tree--I was playing around with a Recon VIId in the Meatgrinder and with designated targets refreshing the volleyfire I could keep VF up long enough for VF to recharge on its own. I'd love to be able to do that with shooters.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I also wanted to say that the toughness bug definitely trained me to take better care of myself in malice missions. I feel like I'm just one good run away from the penance where you don't get hit the whole mission.

And yesterday I finally got Long Bomb!

Orv
May 4, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Because they're not marked, as shooters still considered "designated targets" for refreshing volley fire? That's one reason I want to Counterfire over the other perk above it on the tree--I was playing around with a Recon VIId in the Meatgrinder and with designated targets refreshing the volleyfire I could keep VF up long enough for VF to recharge on its own. I'd love to be able to do that with shooters.

Dreg shooters do refresh it now and are marked, unsure about Scab ones.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 2, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jerkface posted:

-ogryn attire thats a big fancy commissar coat with appropriately gigantic hat
i hope i can get fancy commissar attire for the zealot without it being cash shahahahahahhahah who am i loving kidding :smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

we should've collectively got out a lot more pitchforks at Horse Armor

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

well after mentioning the scriptures thing i'm at 10/12 scriptures and just had a run where we picked up 3 and it didn't count, i can almost guarantee fatshark fatsharked it up by making it not count if you don't get the exact right number lol

pleased to report that all the times i've checked in with my psyker since there's either been no scriptures missions on the board, or the one time i've gotten a chance to join one, we didn't see a single scripture all map

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, playing Psyker in high-level lobbies when there's veterans in the game (which is basically every match) is straight up not very fun. Feels like you have to work twice as hard to be half as effective.

Edit: For some reason I can buy a reskin of the t2 hood for the psyker in the store.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

we had a ton of pitchforks out at horse armor. it's just that consumer-based activism is not very effective

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ciaphas posted:

Impermanent posted:

we had a ton of pitchforks out at horse armor. it's just that consumer-based activism is not very effective

wow a bunch of guybrush threepwood and stanley stanman haters out here.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Broken Cog posted:

Ok, playing Psyker in high-level lobbies when there's veterans in the game (which is basically every match) is straight up not very fun. Feels like you have to work twice as hard to be half as effective.

Edit: For some reason I can buy a reskin of the t2 hood for the psyker in the store.

Oh? I figured Psyker was one of those classes that would bloom at higher levels. How do the other classes fair?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Pysker is still great for getting those bombers and doggos that try to run but yeah they definitely need some tweaking as i feel like a lovely veteran unless i'm abusing the fireball staff for horde clear. I started bringing the full auto lasgun and taking the head pop ult feat so i can melt bosses and specials. You literally become a lovely veteran with a gun until something needs to die ASAP then you get off like 4-5 head pops very quickly.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Four crashes in the first two hours. The last three were one after another, doing three separate actions (shooting at a miniboss, launching the game, clicking on a mission in the mission selector).

I think I will wait a few weeks until it's more patched...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Anecdotally, I think the other characters are kinder to the zimbabwean savant psyker than the more popular loner options.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I really feel like, no matter how well I play or how closely I play with my team, sometimes a door opens up next to me and vomits 2 or 3 packs of higher tier grunts with elites at me and I just loving die.

It's really loving annoying to constantly have your head on a swivel because the director's AI placement drops enemies directly on top of you.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

Four crashes in the first two hours. The last three were one after another, doing three separate actions (shooting at a miniboss, launching the game, clicking on a mission in the mission selector).

I think I will wait a few weeks until it's more patched...

Try changing the number of worker threads in the launcher to the number of cores (not logical processors) your CPU has. that number should be listed on Windows->System Information->Processor. Allegedly that number being too high is a common source of crashes, and the game likes to auto configure it to be too high.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Sestze posted:

I really feel like, no matter how well I play or how closely I play with my team, sometimes a door opens up next to me and vomits 2 or 3 packs of higher tier grunts with elites at me and I just loving die.

It's really loving annoying to constantly have your head on a swivel because the director's AI placement drops enemies directly on top of you.

Just gotta keep your eyes on those doors, sphincters, circular openings, corner cracks, 360 every 5 seconds,

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Ok- the zealot perk that makes you immune to melee stun is godly with the replenish toughness on kill perk and the big hammer.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Try changing the number of worker threads in the launcher to the number of cores (not logical processors) your CPU has. that number should be listed on Windows->System Information->Processor. Allegedly that number being too high is a common source of crashes, and the game likes to auto configure it to be too high.

Ok, the game default at 13 (8 cores, 16 threads of a 3700x). I will try some less.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Just gotta keep your eyes on those doors, sphincters, circular openings, corner cracks, 360 every 5 seconds,

sorry gamer, looks like you sneezed,

*spawns 2 zombies right behind u*

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Oh? I figured Psyker was one of those classes that would bloom at higher levels. How do the other classes fair?

Ogryn has Crowd Control and tankiness, and the Zealot can shred mobs in melee and melt crowds with the flamer, but Psyker and Veteran kinda fills a lot of the same roles, mainly ranged special removal. The problem is just that the Veteran is miles better at it. I've lost count of the times I try to brain burst a mob, just for a veteran to burst it down in less than half a second when I'm at 75% channeled. The only mobs I would say Psyker can be better at taking out are Bulwarks and Crushers (though veterans with the bolter are probably better against even those), and arguably dogs if the veteran can't aim.
When you play Psyker on a high level team, it sometimes feels like the veterans you play with have to allow you to actually play your role, which is pretty lovely.

Edit: Not to mention that managing peril is miles more stressful than managing ammo.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 3, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Need a Ravenor skin for psyker so I can purge the taint as a floating coffin chair.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Pyskers problem is soulfire sucks rear end atm and brain burst needs scaling damage instead of a timer to trigger. The longer you hold down brain burst the more damage it should do but you should be able to quick burst targets to farm warp charges without much peril cost. The problem is brain burst doesn't scale in difficulty either, you're not gonna get an item that makes it stronger so it'll always be sub par on higher levels.

Soulfire needs to be like battlewizards burn where it won't go out until the targets dead so blanketing a ton of enemies in soulfire is a very valid strategy.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Brainburst is just giving your veterans a handy targeting guide.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Abroham Lincoln posted:

sorry gamer, looks like you sneezed,

*spawns 2 zombies right behind u*

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z9f5lj/what_is_this_a_heretic_surprise_party/

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Also i gotta stop quick queuing if the mission grouping contains Hab Dreyko, poo poo has such bad FPS for the first half of the mission.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Impermanent posted:

oh, yeah :smith:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Turin Turambar posted:

Ok, the game default at 13 (8 cores, 16 threads of a 3700x). I will try some less.
I upgraded from that to a 5800x3d, It still has the same core count/thread count and I've crashed eventually every time I've not been on 8 (the number of physical cores)

Last time I was trying to figure out how to turn off Nvidia overlay and it crashed. I've also disabled steam overlay and you can just friend people in discord or whatever and join on them through the ESC social menu instead.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sestze posted:

it doesn't even seem to try very hard to keep it out of sight either, when it's hectic i've seen dudes appear on the edge of the screen like a goddamn gmod model being dropped in

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

should i be discarding old weapons for the cash money or is there a better thing to do with them crafting wise? it seems like all of hedron's stuff is closed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also just thought i'd mention after trying the purgatus staff in the meatgrinder and nothing else, it's somewhat unintuitive it does no damage to carapace armor at all I M H O

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

should i be discarding old weapons for the cash money or is there a better thing to do with them crafting wise? it seems like all of hedron's stuff is closed

grays sure, discard em, but Soon™ Hadron'll let you destroy them and move the... perk? blessing? whatever the word is... to another weapon

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Bear in mind that we have no idea how long it'll take for Fatshark to implement the rest of the crafting stuff

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a current way to break them down into plasteel/diamantine instead of just getting store credit

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Arghy posted:

The problem is brain burst doesn't scale in difficulty either, you're not gonna get an item that makes it stronger so it'll always be sub par on higher levels.

This is the absolutely crippling issue, TBH.
Brain Burst needs a fundamental rework to make it competitive with "just shooting them" as far as special killing goes.
I started levelling a Psyker while the toughness bug was loving over my Veteran, and like. It's a good class in theory. It's cool to be able to start channeling against a sniper or a gunner and just duck back down and wait for them to go pop! It has its uses. But the problem is that the TTK against bigger specials like mutants and bulwarks and reapers, where it takes more than one burst, is wayyyyy too long, and by the time you get off your second burst your Veteran will have already mowed them down in a hail of bolter fire.
I wonder if it should perhaps instead deal constant ramping damage the longer it is channelled, but with a concordant ramping increase in generated peril...

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I would like a stats screen implemented so that I may bully all the rear-line Psykers on my team that don't kill anyone then ruin the run by trying to plink the boss with ranged damage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

brain burst not scaling with difficulty wouldn't matter as much if any of the staves beyond the chain lightning one could do any damage at all to carapace armor but i guess fatshark figured "well if they want to do damage to carapace armor they have brain burst"

edit: also first try
https://i.imgur.com/Z627OQW.mp4

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 3, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's a shame that the Ogryn doesn't have a version of the Bolter with better mobility and reload speed than the other classes. It would be a very fitting gun power- and role-wise in his lineup and it would make sense because the whole deal is that bolters are too big and unwieldy for regular humans

He's very fun to play but he needs more weapons :(

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

brain burst not scaling with difficulty wouldn't matter as much if any of the staves beyond the chain lightning one could do any damage at all to carapace armor but i guess fatshark figured "well if they want to do damage to carapace armor they have brain burst"

edit: also first try
https://i.imgur.com/Z627OQW.mp4

Voidstrike does okay against carapace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

apostateCourier posted:

Voidstrike does okay against carapace.

it really doesn't, especially compared to other classes' options. but more importantly, i'm trying to get back into darktiding but every time i pick a character to try and load in i'm getting a matchmaking error 4008, is anyone else having the same problem?