Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The Illusive Man posted:

Odd that of all vice industries Danny Ric went for wine.

He's from Perth, not much to do there aside from getting slaughtered on box wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

slave to my cravings posted:

Let sainz direct from his car.

Sainz Snr in the Chair, Sainz Jnr in the car

That was Crofty can decide to just call one of them Fred.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Wait, I change who I want to lead Ferrari.

Claire Williams

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I was loving sick at Motorsport Manager (1, for PC) so I'm available Ferrari. Stipulations is that I work remote and I promise to be out of bed within 20-30 minutes of lights out.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I was loving sick at Motorsport Manager (1, for PC) so I'm available Ferrari. Stipulations is that I work remote and I promise to be out of bed within 20-30 minutes of lights out.
I believe they are looking for someone with a little more current qualifications. I got Mick Schumacher a podium at Canada in year 1 in F1 Manager 22. I'm clearly very qualified.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

News:

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1598633240947851266

Views:

No great loss, but might leave a big gap in the early part of the year again.

[Fake edit] Apparently they’re looking at options…

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1598633284052852739

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Monaco double-header except one of them will be in homologated go-karts to see the true power of drivers in THE SAME MACHINERY.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wonder if they skipped the awkward driver Secret Santa this year because the season ended so early? Loved that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they should all take the week where they were going to go to china to look at pictures of nando being handsome

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

smackfu posted:

Wonder if they skipped the awkward driver Secret Santa this year because the season ended so early? Loved that.

They usually release it around christmas time.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'll start the wiki

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

I'll start the wiki

For gently caress's sake dude, there's a perfectly good Access database???

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
From my extensive experience playing the F1 games until I hit a wet race and give up, I can say that Shanghai is a really cool initial corner and then forgettable everything else. I propose we find other cool bits from otherwise mediocre tracks and Frankenstein them together to create a new track which we can use to replace Monaco, a garbage track for idiots.

Any other nice bits of bad tracks that people like?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

PatentPending posted:

From my extensive experience playing the F1 games until I hit a wet race and give up, I can say that Shanghai is a really cool initial corner and then forgettable everything else. I propose we find other cool bits from otherwise mediocre tracks and Frankenstein them together to create a new track which we can use to replace Monaco, a garbage track for idiots.

"Tilkedromes good, Monaco bad."

When was your brain AIDS diagnosis? Hopefully things are on the up, stay strong friend. Hopefully you make it to the next season of Drive to Survive.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

PatentPending posted:

Doesn't austin have a bunch of corners they've tried to copy off other tracks?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The elevation change up to the first corner is a genuinely good feature

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I don't know what a Tilkedrome is. I didn't say Shanghai was good, though, so maybe have another go at reading my post!

I do like Austin in general (oh no is that a Tilkedrome?), especially the t1 hill.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PatentPending posted:

I don't know what a Tilkedrome is. I didn't say Shanghai was good, though, so maybe have another go at reading my post!

I do like Austin in general (oh no is that a Tilkedrome?), especially the t1 hill.

Tilkedromes are race tracks designed by Herman Tilke, who is the FIA's go-to guy for making new tracks, and it's a term used derisively because all of Herman Tilke's tracks are very samey and all follow one design principle which is just "take 'good corners' from other established tracks and then add a low-speed squiggly bit in the middle"

Shanghai and COTA are both Tilkedromes

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Oh dear, well it sounds like I do in fact have bad taste in tracks.

OK so my favourite tracks are probably Interlagos, Hungary, Spa.

I have a soft spot for Canada and Baku, but otherwise generally enjoy the curvy swoopy ones (e.g. Austria) and dislike the ones with all straight lines and tight turns (e.g. Sochi).

Except Baku, which owns for some reason.

And then yeah Monaco is trash and we shouldn't be racing there anymore.

I don't know how basic that set of preferences makes me.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Replace China with Sepang, at least its a great track!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Mugello and portimao are good. Ditch sochi, paul ricard, yas marina, miami, Jeddah and maybe the hungaroring's time has passed. Monaco can take it or leave it, whatever.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I know they need it to be a ~Grand Prix~ but Monaco really should just be some shootout qualifying event over Saturday and Sunday and it would rock. It’s neat to see cars go around it fast, it just sucks when they have to do it together and can’t pass.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I know they need it to be a ~Grand Prix~ but Monaco really should just be some shootout qualifying event over Saturday and Sunday and it would rock. It’s neat to see cars go around it fast, it just sucks when they have to do it together and can’t pass.

turn Monaco into the F1 All-Star Game

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Do Monaco as a Race of Champions event, split the track in two all the way around, do two laps and put the crossover down at the Nouvelle Chicane.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Alaois posted:

Tilkedromes are race tracks designed by Herman Tilke, who is the FIA's go-to guy for making new tracks, and it's a term used derisively because all of Herman Tilke's tracks are very samey and all follow one design principle which is just "take 'good corners' from other established tracks and then add a low-speed squiggly bit in the middle"

Shanghai and COTA are both Tilkedromes

COTA is good OP.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Do Monaco in some form of bumper car (not formula e)

Azerbaijan and Singapore are the better street tracks

For the rest...Suzuka is right up there, cota, mexico is fun too

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mexico is an awful track but an incredible atmosphere. I'm willing to give it a pass.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Do Monaco as a Race of Champions event, split the track in two all the way around, do two laps and put the crossover down at the Nouvelle Chicane.

Holy poo poo this would be excellent, all the drivers in karts too.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Mugello and portimao are good. Ditch sochi, paul ricard, yas marina, miami, Jeddah and maybe the hungaroring's time has passed. Monaco can take it or leave it, whatever.

Mugello plz.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Good tracks:
- COTA (sometimes)
- Brazil
- Bahrain
- Baku
- Canada
- Silverstone
- Spa
- Monza (sometimes)
- Suzuka

Bad tracks:
- the rest of them
- extra call-out for Zandvoort

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
They made Zandvoort sound cool at first but then it’s kind of short and not that great? The banked corners were supposed to be neat

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Zandvoort just seems far too short to have a chance to amount to anything

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Zandvoort looks like a fun track to do time trials on, but is not great to hold an actual race on.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

it will be reclaimed by the sea one day

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Ok, so I'm going to Spain next year. I haven't been to that track yet, is GA fine? It seems like a hilly enough place that it should be, but I'll buy main grandstand if GA sucks.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I did GA at Spa and if I could afford a grandstand seat I would pick that every time. It’s not just for the views but because having a seat allocated to you means you don’t have to turn up six hours before the event starts in order to get a good spot. The track in Spain is so close to the city that not having to rush to a GA location and bake for hours in the sun means you can take things a bit easier and actually spend some time in Barcelona.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Charles Leclerc posted:

For gently caress's sake dude, there's a perfectly good Access database???

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Is Bottas v2.0 finally done loading?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cls8N-VuLb1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bottas owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

teams should be allowed to build a separate car for monaco. the monaco car should have no rules besides a basic set of safety provisions and you should be able to spend as much of your budget as you want on it. haas et al may not be able to compete the rest of the year but they should have the option to go all in to try to win monaco