Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dawgstar posted:

It's a shame Mike is paid peanuts to be controversial.

Maybe he really likes peanuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Controversy Creates... Peanuts?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Have you SEEN the price of peanuts lately??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

peanuts are cool unless you have a deadly nut allergy. Aside, if you do how does that work?. Do you wear a spacesuit?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/joeverses/status/1598008230466420737

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

his obsessive campaign against MJF seemed a little weird to me but my fears were assuaged after reading tweet

https://twitter.com/joeverses/status/1596345863974289408

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

his obsessive campaign against MJF seemed a little weird to me but my fears were assuaged after reading tweet

https://twitter.com/joeverses/status/1596345863974289408

He stands up against bullies

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1598859088879767552

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The prequel tide is turning...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

a truly shameless man, tony will tell any lie to protect his tv deal, smdh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tony just throwing booker of the year away smh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How dare he like some of the most popular movies of all time because some racist youtube videos said they were bad :(

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MassRafTer posted:

How dare he like some of the most popular movies of all time because some racist youtube videos said they were bad :(

you're mixing up the sequels and prequels, friend

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The first and third sequels are worse than the prequels tho...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They're all pretty bad, but a lot of Star Wars fans like complaining about Star Wars. They have a lot in common with wrestling fans in that way

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They'd be 6+ star movies if they happened at the Tokyo Dome

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MassRafTer posted:

Is Red Letter Media racist? I thought they were just creepy and sexist.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
RLM are funny imo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Every time I've seen Apollo Crews since his NXT return he's been in a lovely little diner. Is this just his thing now?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

Gonna need to be more specific

And the prequels are still bad but it might be time to re-review them in light of Palpatine just kinda.....returning and all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Prequels are bad but were made to tell the story Lucas wanted to tell so they at least feel like movies. The Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are bad and also just exist to market a product. While being bad the Prequels at least have a soul whereas the Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are just hollow empty films

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Prequels are bad but were made to tell the story Lucas wanted to tell so they at least feel like movies. The Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are bad and also just exist to market a product. While being bad the Prequels at least have a soul whereas the Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are just hollow empty films

The story Lucas wanted to tell was loving terrible though. The prequels are like TNG season 1, they're what you get when one guy has someone telling him that every idea he's ever had is amazing and all his farts smell incredible, and you get something that's completely unwatchable. At least the actors in the sequels don't look like they want to kill themselves.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Rarity posted:

Every time I've seen Apollo Crews since his NXT return he's been in a lovely little diner. Is this just his thing now?

Sometimes he's at a diner, sometime he has weird visions of the future where he's beating someone up for some reason, sometimes he has visions that he's beating people up IN a diner....

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The prequels are ugly and strange but in ways that are interesting to think about at the very least as historical objects, and they have neat designs like the droideka that feel genuinely novel as additions to the aesthetic. The sequels are ugly and strange in ways that are mostly boring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rogue One is the best post Lucas star war

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Rogue One is the best post Lucas star war

I really liked Rogue One. I'm one of the nerds that would have loved to have Kyle Katarn be the one stealing the Death Star stuff but that would mean putting him in the new trilogy but lol at Disney actually making interesting characters anyways.

Rogue One cast was superb and even with the flaws, it's imo the best post Lucas by far.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I have only seen the first of the Disney films and it was fine. As opposed to the prequels which honestly had a cast of some really great actors aside from Anikin, and yet everything is horrifically wooden. The script is written by someone who has never heard any conversations. There's some decent moments but I would choose to rewatch The Force Awakens 5 times before I watched Attack of the Clones one more time.

But fortunately instead I will watch none of them.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You can choose to watch Star Wars movies with Diego Luna or without Diego Luna. I know where I stand.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

your friend wicka posted:

You can choose to watch Star Wars movies with Diego Luna or without Diego Luna. I know where I stand.

I mean I've asked him to come over, but

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Prequels were made to tell the story Lucas wanted to tell so they at least feel like movies. The Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are bad and also just exist to market a product. the Prequels at least have a soul whereas the Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are just hollow empty films

:agreed:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

none of this star wars talk looks like it about wccw's Star Wars shows in the 80's :( keep it on topic people

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The prequels are horrible dogshit, Force Awakens is good not great but is a welcome reset, The Last Jedi is a messy bitch but I respect the hell out of the ideas and direction it was going for, Rise of Skywalker is only marginally better than the prequels because Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were allowed to put on excellent performances and it doesn't look like rear end

These are the correct opinions, thank you

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

your friend wicka posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Boy, i sure am tired of all these Star Wars

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Star Wars is for nerds

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

Boy, i sure am tired of all these Star Wars

I can't wait to get Out of Africa

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While being bad the Prequels at least have a soul whereas the Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker are just hollow empty films

Lucas would have never made a bunch of cash grab poo poo to exploit Star Wars for profit. Never.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Ewok movies are the only good Star Wars media because they focus on the only good thing in Star Wars (Ewoks)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Star Wars is for nerds

I've got news for you about wrestling

it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Controversy Creates... Peanuts?

I know I’m late to the party but - controversy creates cashews