Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Tim should just cover games that were never localized.

Or a Mega Man game since he doesn't like them apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Legends, btich

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not the manager of tim, and if elected to that position I would not serve. He should follow his own strange star

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

Tim should just cover games that were never localized.

Or a Mega Man game since he doesn't like them apparently.

So, Super Adventure Rockman then?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah it’s cool when he covers well known stuff as well as weird unlocalised poo poo

It’s just not that interesting a prospect to have him do his gimmick over a game/franchise when a million youtubers and gaming journalists already do just about the same level of ‘it changed my life’ evangelical proselytising virtually every time they come up

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i don’t think he would talk about souls games like that. i think he’d poo poo talk them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
He called Dark Souls the most important game of it's decade and talked about it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TMNoaB6jg&t=2541s

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
that doesn't mean he liked it just that it was influential

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah not good enough I need him to film a vacation to visit some old castle in eastern europe

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
drone shot, a snowy woodland outside Anchorage, Alaska. a guy in a batman shirt with a bandana on his head is pulled on his sled by a team of pomeranians

-METAL GEAR SOLID: THE TWIN SNAKES-

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

ziasquinn posted:

that doesn't mean he liked it just that it was influential

I mean I'm pretty sure he loved the hell out of elden ring

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Now that travel to Japan is more accessible, imagine the places Tim could go now.

I'm sensing season 2 will double-down on Tim's Japan experiences.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/design/-i-bloodborne-i-you-are-the-experience-points

“Tim Rogers” posted:

[…] I want to be serious about Bloodborne and the Souls games: I like them a lot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh yeah?

Timothy Roger posted:

"I actually hate the souls games. Also, gently caress."

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok Fine!!!! i still don’t want him to make a video about them as a whole unless he really wants to.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8cxc37HN4

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm not the manager of tim, and if elected to that position I would not serve. He should follow his own strange star

Maybe you could ensure he doesn’t work himself to death?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think in his case, he has to stop himself from doing that by finding inner peace

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So I've been watching the wild arms vertical slice and when hes playing wild arms 2 hes kinda like shockingly bad at it?? Like I can understand hes not really paying attention and hes talking and thinking about other stuff but I'm like pulling my hair out as he like refuses to understand the simplist of battle and puzzle mechanics and then when he does figure it out has the gall to complain that it's the games fault instead of laughing at his own ridiculousness. Like it is funny in a way but I also kinda wasnt expecting that from someone whose job is video games lol

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG76X7wffQ8

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

BINGO!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXBFP8zK5Lw

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
ok i’ll confess. i was just being obstinate. as if i Wouldn’t WOULDNT watch a 49 hour nostalgia trip memory lane journey thru tim’s mind palace re: demon’s souls, dark souls, dark souls 2, dark souls 3, bloodborne, sekiro, demon souls remaster, elden ring,

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I bought ぼくのなつやすみ. I'm not sure if this means I am ok now or if I am less okay.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7erf3r9Uw8&t=9s

boku no natsuyasumi

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

lmao

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I've been under the weather this week and this has been a really nice thing to watch in bed :shobon:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

DHL's tracking promised delivery by 17th of October at the latest so I finally replied to the order e-mail today and just got a reply back.

Y'all can blame me for one (1) delay of the next video:

quote:

it looks like it never got to the DHL shipping facility. this happens sometimes because the shipping company messed up your address. (sometimes it scrambles the address (actually, it does this uhhhh sort of a LOT of the time lol))

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxntOB_0KKo

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe it's already been 3 months since the last Tim video.

Just 9 more to go, right? :v:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fresh posts in the Tim thread always get me hopeful it’s new video time

You just ruined my Thursday

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fresh posts in the Tim thread always get me hopeful it’s new video time

You just ruined my Thursday

:same:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
You should imagine how I felt last night when the realization hit me, completely unprovoked. :smith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Remember when Tim waited a year so he could get B-roll of a sunflower field in order to finish a video?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it owned

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Release the FF4 vid Tim

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fridge corn posted:

Release a vid Tim

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I've been enjoying Noah Caldwell-Gervais's content while I wait for the LA Noire episode, it isn't as polished as Tim's stuff but it's thoughtful in a way that I appreciate

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Framboise posted:

I can't believe it's already been 3 months since the last Tim video.

Just 9 more to go, right? :v:

"That joke isn't funny anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Dijkstracula posted:

I've been enjoying Noah Caldwell-Gervais's content while I wait for the LA Noire episode, it isn't as polished as Tim's stuff but it's thoughtful in a way that I appreciate

i like to think of NCG as a good enthusiast topic writer, like Robert Traver was to fishing. Tim is more like Hunter Thompson, laboriously mapping his pathology onto the topic and uncovering new perspectives in the process