Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

orchestrated ost. and i prefer console gaming over handheld

That’s fair. Semper Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol the last bit when you're approaching the villain's castle and all the enemies are casting thwack or some equivalent spell at you had me turning full DSP. Cahm ahn, nothing I could do, what do they expect me to do here dood, the whole thing

Getting to five steps to the castle and someone gets thwacked so you have to trek back to the shrine happened more times than I'd care to remember.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol the last bit when you're approaching the villain's castle and all the enemies are casting thwack or some equivalent spell at you had me turning full DSP. Cahm ahn, nothing I could do, what do they expect me to do here dood, the whole thing

god that parts miserable lol, then you get into the castle and the enemies are easier than outside it. what were they thinking!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They were probably smoking some insane drugs that's for sure.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

when i finally finish ace attorney 6 im going to play all of the dragon quests, in the following manner:

1,2,3 - super famicom
4,5,6,7 - 3ds
8 - ps2
9 - 3ds
11 - switch

this will probably take me at least a year

this except I already started and I'm probably gonna play 5 on PS2 and 7 on PSX.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
41. Non-binary (All Stories, Imp Zone Pioneer)

I went through both lives once.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mycophobia posted:

orchestrated ost. and i prefer console gaming over handheld

theres a hack for the orchestra ost btw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

25. Doom Eternal. UltraViolence, got everything except 4 Slayer gates that I may return to at some point. Its too long, it's got like one too many systems in it and the cutscenes are unbelievably bad but the hyper frenetic combat is pretty fun when you get in the rhythm. Better than Doom 3, worse than the rest of the series. I have the DLC too, I'll give it a shot after some more wad gaming

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mamkute posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Mamkute posted:

wow the first imp zone enby

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

wow the first imp zone enby

that you know of

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

25. Doom Eternal. UltraViolence, got everything except 4 Slayer gates that I may return to at some point. Its too long, it's got like one too many systems in it and the cutscenes are unbelievably bad but the hyper frenetic combat is pretty fun when you get in the rhythm. Better than Doom 3, worse than the rest of the series. I have the DLC too, I'll give it a shot after some more wad gaming

the DLCs are very fun, the last boss of eternal sucked loving rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

the DLCs are very fun, the last boss of eternal sucked loving rear end

giving the player a superweapon to easily shred through hordes of every enemy for the final level >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any boss fight

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Steelrising: it was just ok. Biggest issues were there were no cool bosses and it was extremely easy lol. You get estus flasks and also effectively unlimited healing grasses. You can freeze enemies and bosses using frost from range and then build stagger on them with melee while they're still frozen, so that once they unfreeze you can do a few more hits and stun them and do a big critical hit. I died once, to the 1st or 2nd miniboss, because he had two random enemies in his arena and it's tough handling multiple enemies unless you're very cautious.

That said, once you get your traversal tools it kinda opens up and is more fun to go around smashing other robots. It's also got some good looking areas and the aesthetic is cool. And now I'm all warmed up for lies of p :letsgo:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

giving the player a superweapon to easily shred through hordes of every enemy for the final level >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any boss fight

thats why the final level of rage is so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

thats why the final level of rage is so good

how to end an FPS
good idea:

bad idea:

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Turn your copy of Bloodborne off or angle your unpowered monitor’s screen away from the one connected to the PlayStation, young man. :smugbird:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Turn your copy of Bloodborne off or angle your unpowered monitor’s screen away from the one connected to the PlayStation, young man. :smugbird:

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

43. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (all slimes, tank masters Ultimate rank)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

53) Spark the Electric Jester 3

Coolest 3d platformer I've played in a long time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spunk the Elecdick Fester Pee

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

symbolic posted:

Spunk the Elecdick Fester Pee

Might want to get that checked out

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Lost Judgment + Kaito Files DLC

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

60) Final Fight
61) Warriors of Fate
62) Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Never played Warriors of Fate before, real solid beatemup.

Rocket Slime is of course charming as hell. Probably the best puns DQ has ever done, though Sham Hatwitch is close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
42. Electro Gene (Imp Zone Pioneer)

Making it hard to see is not a puzzle, it's just annoying; Worst of the year 2022.