Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Asleep Style posted:

teams should be allowed to build a separate car for monaco. the monaco car should have no rules besides a basic set of safety provisions and you should be able to spend as much of your budget as you want on it. haas et al may not be able to compete the rest of the year but they should have the option to go all in to try to win monaco

This, with the proviso that they have to use the chassis of a Reliant Robin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

lmao at Bottas going full bogan, the VB tank top is a nice touch

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Lmao Bottas rules

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Asleep Style posted:

teams should be allowed to build a separate car for monaco. the monaco car should have no rules besides a basic set of safety provisions and you should be able to spend as much of your budget as you want on it. haas et al may not be able to compete the rest of the year but they should have the option to go all in to try to win monaco

I approve of this. Just make sure one of the teams just uses a bulldozer as their car and destroys the track on the first lap.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

lmao

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Bottas is my favourite Australian F1 driver, always has been.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I might buy an Alfa Bottas shirt if I ever see one on sale for less than a new fridge

Maybe I’ll buy an AliExpress version

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I've never really understood the Monaco hate. Yes, it's largely processional, but for a long time that was every track. With Monaco you always have a good chance for some rain, and barring that someone is going to throw their car into a barrier at some point to bring out the safety car. So really in any given year Ferrari is going to have multiple opportunities to make a boneheaded strategy decision.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember that Monaco race where Ricciardo was gonna win and then Red Bull just forgot to put his wheels on in the pit

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Simplex posted:

I've never really understood the Monaco hate. Yes, it's largely processional, but for a long time that was every track. With Monaco you always have a good chance for some rain, and barring that someone is going to throw their car into a barrier at some point to bring out the safety car. So really in any given year Ferrari is going to have multiple opportunities to make a boneheaded strategy decision.

This would be a valid argument if they actually ever raced in the rain

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
lmao I've been playing around with ChatGPT. This thing is great.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All it’s doing is copying Motorsport.com posts

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

italian quid posted:

This would be a valid argument if they actually ever raced in the rain

I'm not sure what you're talking about. This year was perfect. A wet track at the start that dried as the race went on allowing Ferrari to completely gently caress up Leclerc's race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Simplex posted:

It’s a really lovely track and the races are awful processions.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Slow speed circuits suck eggs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

force the teams to make special Monaco Spec chassis which are identical to their normal cars but scaled down to 1/3rd size and power

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Teaching sand to think was a mistake

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

fake, you cant pass at monaco

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Of course it's fake. An AI wrote it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

yeah no poo poo, but it is clear AI has a way to go before it can write convincing formula 1 erotica on par with reddit with an obvious error like that in it

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

AI poo poo sucks.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

you're not wrong

edit: lol

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:australia:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The full video shows a level of humor that I’m not sure we were really expecting out of Bottas before this year.

https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/1598989919699206146

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

:swoon:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Diorama posted:

you're not wrong

edit: lol

The training only goes up to September of 2021 so it very literally doesn’t know what happened. It lives in a dreamworld where Max doesn’t have any WDC’s

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm jealous of a computer

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Thread poll: I've got a red eye flight to Grand Cayman on Tuesday morning, won't be able to have a poo poo before I leave the hotel and I have a 25% discount voucher for Uber Eats. What KFC bucket combo should I go for and at what rough longitude will I be making GBS threads myself over the Atlantic?

Bonus jeopardy, I cannot poo poo in a toilet that isn't in my house or hotel room. I'm an England penalty-taker of away game making GBS threads.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I ate a family feast by myself one lunchtime when I was doing an internship and then fell asleep on the toilet two hours later due to exhaustion. Hope that helps.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Coming back out 45 minutes before you land

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

slave to my cravings posted:

Coming back out 45 minutes before you land

Amazing username/post combo

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Bruh I thought you were done with that Cayman’s business. Didn’t she go back to her husband?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Charles Leclerc posted:

Thread poll: I've got a red eye flight to Grand Cayman on Tuesday morning, won't be able to have a poo poo before I leave the hotel and I have a 25% discount voucher for Uber Eats. What KFC bucket combo should I go for and at what rough longitude will I be making GBS threads myself over the Atlantic?

Bonus jeopardy, I cannot poo poo in a toilet that isn't in my house or hotel room. I'm an England penalty-taker of away game making GBS threads.

Wait you're Theo?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's clearly Charles Leclerc

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Don't eat KFC. Even at an airport, you can do better.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

One post about making GBS threads his guts out and

ilmucche posted:

Wait you're Theo?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Khablam posted:

One post about making GBS threads his guts out and

I mean how many F1 thread posters can there be involved in a throuple in the Bahamas!?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We need to get Perez posting in here to up the quantity

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lewis confirmed great

https://twitter.com/c4f1/status/1599535833870004224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

marshalljim posted:

Don't eat KFC. Even at an airport, you can do better.

gently caress off