Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

god knows i'm not shy about saying the switch's hardware sucks but why would you downgrade every version of the game to match the console that runs slightly better than one made of cardboard

Does anyone even remember Nintendo Labo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

god knows i'm not shy about saying the switch's hardware sucks but why would you downgrade every version of the game to match the console that runs slightly better than one made of cardboard

Because Sonic games sell significantly better on Nintendo systems than anywhere else. Not making Switch the lead sku is going to lose them more sales.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If that’s the case then they should start optimizing their games for the Nintendo console first (since so far the games seem to look and run better on PlayStation and Xbox hardware)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
WOW at first I was gonna wait for a sale a few months from now but I just saw some choice moments from the game and the overall vibe and I was really shocked how good and fun his game looks, I was initially dismissive but this game is much better than I was expecting. This game really makes me feel hype for sonic in a way that I havent felt in years.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Played through Spark 3, sick as hell game. I never played 2 but they just added all the levels from that game into 3 lol

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Nevermind the Series S (which is fine performance wise), it's the Switch that's the millstone around the industry's neck tech wise.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 3, 2022

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We're in a weird place where hardware requirements for games have somewhat plateaued (there still isn't a hugely compelling reason to buy current gen consoles that have been out for multiple years now, or even upgrade your GPU, and I say that as someone who did), and yet the Switch is still out there sitting firmly below that performance sweet spot.

It really is becoming a major problem for multiplatform games. It isn't the Wii days anymore, no-one wants different versions of the same game anymore like Unleashed had, but the gulf between hardware is so vast that games either get hobbled performance, a streaming-only version, or just get skipped entirely.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sounds like these eggheads need to work harder at making their games run good on god's own console

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

It’s seriously a huge bummer that the Switch can’t accommodate more modern, high-def games - I have a group of friends that games together regularly and I mostly can’t join because I don’t have a console or PC that can run the games they play :(

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dabir posted:

Sounds like these eggheads need to work harder at making their games run good on god's own console

What a cruel and capreciois god this Nintendo is.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And that's 130 emblems in Sonic Adventure done too. SADX, modded to the gills with the Dreamcast conversion and various other bits of content restoration, like the cut patrol copters and robot maids on the Egg Carrier. The only bits that were hard in any way were Lost World A, Final Egg A and catching 2000g fish as Big, the rest was piss. I don't see myself getting all the missions though, that one for Tails where you have to hit 14 flags in Icecap is bullshit and I ain't standing for it. Save file is reading 20 hours, and that's including plenty of time to run around talking to NPCs and doing everyone's missions except Sonic's.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Finally finished Frontiers. Great fuckin' game, the way the story takes off towards the end is spectacular. Really looking forward to the new content next year!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Justin61894350/status/1600241403719663616

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rouge being one of sonics core friends is weird to me. If they wanted another girl in the group why not Blaze?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Blaze is Sonic's counterpart in another dimension.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Thats why

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the switch is just right, other consoles cause devs to waste too much time and money on dumb poo poo nobody cares about

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the only ray tracing i wanna see involves a flying squirrel and specialized somewhat translucent sheets of paper

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like it when the neat game runs at 4K60fps, like Sonic Frontiers.

Started the third island. Yeah they're kinda cracked out if they think i'm doing all these 2D sections they peppered on the island. Second boss was extremely fun at every point. Lovin' this game.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The second boss was my favorite, the Supreme titan had some cool visuals like when he turned into a laser dragon(?) but Wyvern had me on the edge of my seat from the moment I jumped off the tower

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the playstation 5 has no games so theres no need to port them to the nintendo switch

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The second boss was my favorite, the Supreme titan had some cool visuals like when he turned into a laser dragon(?) but Wyvern had me on the edge of my seat from the moment I jumped off the tower

And the boss of the third island is almost literally a Metal Gear Rising fight

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the playstation 5 has no games so theres no need to port them to the nintendo switch

No games that aren’t readily available on previous gen consoles at any rate

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Dabir posted:

And that's 130 emblems in Sonic Adventure done too. SADX, modded to the gills with the Dreamcast conversion and various other bits of content restoration, like the cut patrol copters and robot maids on the Egg Carrier. The only bits that were hard in any way were Lost World A, Final Egg A and catching 2000g fish as Big, the rest was piss. I don't see myself getting all the missions though, that one for Tails where you have to hit 14 flags in Icecap is bullshit and I ain't standing for it. Save file is reading 20 hours, and that's including plenty of time to run around talking to NPCs and doing everyone's missions except Sonic's.

To this day I simply do not understand how to complete that snowboarding mission where you have to absolutely go FLYING at the very end. It seems like a complete crapshoot every time I reach that point in the level.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no it's the other way around these days, gamers have no playstation 5s

Chieves posted:

To this day I simply do not understand how to complete that snowboarding mission where you have to absolutely go FLYING at the very end. It seems like a complete crapshoot every time I reach that point in the level.

Yeah gently caress that one too. It apparently literally doesn't work at all if you use the Dreamcast restoration mod, cause it's based on a horrible bug DX introduced. Calling it quits at 58/60. I'm slowly making my way through Metal Sonic's "emblems" for that achievement, but the mission achievement can sit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Since the CD came out I decided to get the OST. Undefeatable really benefits from the CD quality. Found out the hard way that
1) Vandalize by ONE OK ROCK is not in this album.
2) That was in a single 3 months ago.
3) The thread title isn't some silly joke the whole fandom's running, there is an explicit version that screams that.

also doing Island 3! It kinda sucks! But it does make me change my pace, i put like 3 hours in and i think i'll complete it in another hour thanks to focusing on opening up those rails and now shotgunning Tails' requests. So it's interesting. I think not being able to go where you want can be okay, makes you tackle the thing differently, what sucks is touching a launchpad or boostpanel and suddenly being locked into a 2D section that goes the opposite direction of where you're going. Also that cyberspace with the drifting is funny, my best time and experience was just avoiding the drifting panels altogether.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

also doing Island 3! It kinda sucks! But it does make me change my pace, i put like 3 hours in and i think i'll complete it in another hour thanks to focusing on opening up those rails and now shotgunning Tails' requests. So it's interesting. I think not being able to go where you want can be okay, makes you tackle the thing differently, what sucks is touching a launchpad or boostpanel and suddenly being locked into a 2D section that goes the opposite direction of where you're going. Also that cyberspace with the drifting is funny, my best time and experience was just avoiding the drifting panels altogether.

Power through it, Island 3 does indeed suck but once you get past it the last two are much smaller and more straightforward and the story really takes off!

Larryb posted:

And the boss of the third island is almost literally a Metal Gear Rising fight

Can't say I ever played that one, but I just might have to try it now!

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 7, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Power through it, Island 3 does indeed suck but once you get past it the last two are much smaller and more straightforward and the story really takes off!

oh no worries about that, i'll power through, specially now that the tails missions are popping with simple routes between them.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
island 3 is good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

island 3 is good

Might even be the best

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Looper posted:

the only ray tracing i wanna see involves a flying squirrel and specialized somewhat translucent sheets of paper

Ray, tracing

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1600423585331703808?t=dzDjf30dxEHDLcRWk6NSIQ&s=19

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Dabir posted:

Yeah gently caress that one too. It apparently literally doesn't work at all if you use the Dreamcast restoration mod, cause it's based on a horrible bug DX introduced. Calling it quits at 58/60. I'm slowly making my way through Metal Sonic's "emblems" for that achievement, but the mission achievement can sit.

Nah, it's doable. It'll make you want to tear you hair out though :shepicide:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

God it feels like eventually it's going to come out that he's been doing this in various increments for the past few decades.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

God it feels like eventually it's going to come out that he's been doing this in various increments for the past few decades.

Most people are smarter about it

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I’m enjoying island 2. Once I got the controls dialed in to my liking, the only problem I’ve had is that sometimes rails take me away from where I want to go. But they gave me those SOAP shoes and dammit I wanna grind rails while wearing them, as is tradition

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Most people are smarter about it

Don't you have to be incredibly stupid to even get prosecuted for insider trading even if everyone knows about it?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't you have to be incredibly stupid to even get prosecuted for insider trading even if everyone knows about it?

*Glances sideways at the entire Sonic franchise*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

the incredibly easy workaround is to just tell someone you trust about it, have them invest, and then you split the money. theres no way to prove this unless one of you squeals and even if there's a very obvious pattern and you get the same guy to do it every time there's no evidence you could possibly dig up short of signed notes saying WE ARE DOING A CRIME RIGHT NOW BY THE WAY.

yuji naka is either stupid, has no friends, or wasnt willing to split the money.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Porque no los tres? We know he's a stupid rear end in a top hat because he'd walk into western studios openly talking about how he wanted to steal their tech for Sonic, assuming nobody could understand him. And if he had any friends left at Sega, well, those guys have big actual Yakuza connections. They could probably have made it go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1600522669530943489