Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Played a couple of matches 6am

First one had to swap to Orisa since the enemy team had a MUCH better roadhog than I was. Snaked a support a few times no biggie.

Next game I swear every Rein charge I did ended with me slamming Kiriko into a wall. After the third or fourth one I see them complaining about Rein in chat. Whatever if you're not going to tele out of my charge path that's on you.

They swap to Ana and I charge them and fly them allllll they way to the edge of some push map and dump them into the void.

"I HATE REIN WHAT THE gently caress FIRST ORISA LAST GAME AND NOW YOU AS REIN THIS GAME"

Felt good lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Well done.

I hate that Rein is objectively one of my better characters by win record. It feels dirty using him, even if he's not considered great at a given moment.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Omnikin posted:

Yeah it seems like you would benefit greatly from the three losses rule. Three losses in a row, lock it up and play some quick play if you really have the itch to play OW2.

This is a good rule. Hard to follow it at times though, at least personally the brain starts to chase that win hard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's surely gauche to post your own highlights but you all have to see what life is like in bronze five quick play

https://twitter.com/SlammerMaster/status/1598570122364321792?s=20&t=bNjeo6pp4N_uQ6PvKJKZig

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If they have a tank that's free enough to spawn camp your team is probably so hopelessly outmatched that you might as well just laugh and mentally go to the next game.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Rein gives such fun moments constantly.

On Dorado 2nd stretch I charged enemy Ana and dumped her off the side.
Next second enemy Rein hits my back and we both go down with Ana.

We both Lolled in chat.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

players just have diff mentalities

I remember playing battlefield w/ my friend and he'd tilt off the face of the earth that an enemy player was in a tank and "I can't do anything about it it's so unfair" instead of considering it a fun recurring challenge and puzzle to solve and abusing infantry strengths vs a tank

(this same friend also tilts off the face of the earth vs a roadhog)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

An enemy Orisa did the "Jump off the map while ulting" to me today and it was honestly the best thing ever.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

An enemy Orisa did the "Jump off the map while ulting" to me today and it was honestly the best thing ever.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

https://i.imgur.com/QTmQRAc.mp4

I'm such a coward and never done it, because what if I fail and get accused of throwing. :ohdear:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ok im an orissa main now

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A day or two ago, I saw a pretty funny gif of a Rein pushing a different Rein off the edge of the map in Gibraltar, then the other Rein somehow managing to charge out of the abyss and back into the fray. Was it here? Couldn't find it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Megazver posted:

A day or two ago, I saw a pretty funny gif of a Rein pushing a different Rein off the edge of the map in Gibraltar, then the other Rein somehow managing to charge out of the abyss and back into the fray. Was it here? Couldn't find it.

This was my favorite thing to do in Hanamura first choke point. It wasn't always a Rein but it was always better if it was specifically another Rein

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I love Orisa

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1599161803640119301?s=20&t=GNC-xJuAADCJ7LCsHLrgFg

"We'll get to learn more about their relationship in the upcoming PVE missions"

Guess that's still on the table then!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oh, I see... thats very interesting. Zenyatta doesn't get along with his dad, Rammatra

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Why are so many people allergic to the point all of a sudden?

Forget the multitudes of running fights away from the cart, I just had a control point match where the enemy was sitting on 50% capture completion when they had one elimination. How do you even deal with that? Where is this timidity coming from?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

Oh, I see... thats very interesting. Zenyatta doesn't get along with his dad, Rammatra

lmao

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
had an Orisa in game today who used her ult three times -- every single time when she was the last player remaining, long after the rest of us had loudly and obviously died

I kinda get panic ulting once in a while but I do not understand why people continue to do this. like you win so many more games when you don't blow your ult for zero reason

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My favourite is when i get a huge shatter, take out 3 people and my genji decides to blade to finish them off and then my ana panic nanos him because she was saving it for the 5k nanoblade and he gets picked running after the already retreated team because of sunk cost

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why are so many people allergic to the point all of a sudden?

Forget the multitudes of running fights away from the cart, I just had a control point match where the enemy was sitting on 50% capture completion when they had one elimination. How do you even deal with that? Where is this timidity coming from?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Regardless of who I am playing as, fights only happen when I force the issue.

Consequentially, all of the characters that feel like they're meant for defense, like Widow, Torb, etc are people I've learned to basically only play on offense. My highest win% character has become Junker Queen because the question of when to take a fight with her is just a Y/N box with the Y checked. (Not quite but.... she rewards ultra aggressive play.)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Regardless of who I am playing as, fights only happen when I force the issue.

Consequentially, all of the characters that feel like they're meant for defense, like Widow, Torb, etc are people I've learned to basically only play on offense. My highest win% character has become Junker Queen because the question of when to take a fight with her is just a Y/N box with the Y checked. (Not quite but.... she rewards ultra aggressive play.)

I'd like to see a decent guide on her. She's my least used tank because she feels like a mix between Hog and Ash, but less than both in my hands. I'm better with Ball, if that says anything.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Does anyone actually care about Overwatch's lore? One robot guy will be "we'll take our freedom through force!" and the other robot guy will say "no, we need to be peaceful!" before they run to another robot guy to push a block to the enemy side.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Does anyone actually care about Overwatch's lore? One robot guy will be "we'll take our freedom through force!" and the other robot guy will say "no, we need to be peaceful!" before they run to another robot guy to push a block to the enemy side.

Relationships behind the characters are interesting.
All of the new voicelines that OW2 added is one of the few good things in this game.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I think its cool that they're finally adding Zenyatta's dad to the game, years after they added his mom Orisa. I wonder if there will be special dialogue if all 3 are on a team together

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jimbot posted:

A lot of people do, which is why it's baffling how hard they dropped the ball on that kind of thing in OW1

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
yeah overwatch has a *huge* casual fanbase who love the lore and cosplaying and the like. Which is why it's bizarre that since 2016 the lore has advanced to the point of "Overwatch might be getting back together to fight ????"

also like how do they not have a Netflix series by now, come on

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i feel it's pretty easy to point to the inner turmoil at Blizzard over the past 5+ years for why OW's lore and media presence is practically null. like gameplay or balance concerns are a lot more complex but i'd bet dollars to donuts that most of the reason there's so little in the ways of merch, comics, short stories, etc., is just "some shithead exec at Blizzard said those things arent important" at launch and then everything exploded a year later

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i feel it's pretty easy to point to the inner turmoil at Blizzard over the past 5+ years for why OW's lore and media presence is practically null. like gameplay or balance concerns are a lot more complex but i'd bet dollars to donuts that most of the reason there's so little in the ways of merch, comics, short stories, etc., is just "some shithead exec at Blizzard said those things arent important" at launch and then everything exploded a year later

There was going to be Lego Overwatch sets... until the allegations of sexual harassment stopped that. There was a small line of Hasbro Ultimates action figures... until the shift in focus and redesigns for OW2 stopped that. There was talks of a Netflix series, but god knows what happened there.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hell, it's not even too late right now to turn the ship around and start putting out multimedia that'll draw people in. riot sat on its rear end with the league IP for the better part of a decade before it hit a slam dunk with arcane, so the relative inaction now is still probably due to the whole company having exploded internally and no one with any broader multimedia franchise experience being at the helm

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The need for things to have all forms of media goddamn sucks

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

The need for things to have all forms of media goddamn sucks

OW is perfect for it though, all of its cinematics are incredible, they're pretty much already a media spinoff by themselves.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Calibanibal posted:

I think its cool that they're finally adding Zenyatta's dad to the game, years after they added his mom Orisa. I wonder if there will be special dialogue if all 3 are on a team together
Not possible, only one tank in OW2

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

F.D. Signifier posted:

Not possible, only one tank in OW2

there's dialogue between Queen and Wrecking Ball

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
yeah open queue is a thing

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Why do I play this stupid loving game

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

one of the only popular fps w/o overtuned aim assist lol

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Watching random "unranked to GM" challenges from a few weeks ago while doing other poo poo and laughing when the GM support player loses 4 matches in a row (1 because of a hacker, 3 because of poo poo matchmaking) in gold in the mood tonight. Hey, new season soon! What nonsensical surprises will big daddy Blizzard drop on us? Rein swing damage doubled? Mei ult now freezes everyone OUTSIDE the radius rather than inside? Soldier clip size reduced by 3? Make your predictions!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Soujorn needs to have the size of her rightclick trippled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jack Trades posted:

Soujorn needs to have the size of her rightclick trippled.

Ult duration increased by 4 seconds and shot cooldown halved/charge speed doubled