Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Sure is a lot of (unspecified) illness going around in the practice reports!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't worry. the flu is extremely prevalent

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's in the thread right now, cav

Be careful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1598849318273720320?s=46&t=uZ9KdkLWrTTjXh2w603x5w

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the david tepper statue is almost finished

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Ehud posted:

what the hell

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1598769335719411712?s=20&t=RprP_FFOpU4kzXPFr0QB6w

he powered through a season ending oblique injury to deprive us of Nathan Peterman

So in 2019 he played like 3 Snaps for the Jets when Darnold was out and got hurt. Last year he made it through the season fine. This year he got hurt in pregame stretches. Such a weird combination/timing of injuries for him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-players-concussion-lawyer-indicted-220202795.html

quote:

On Thursday the Justice Department announced a federal grand jury had returned an indictment charging disbarred attorney Phillip Howard, who represented more than 25 former players in the NFL concussion settlement, with racketeering. The charge, brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Tallahassee, Fla., alleges that Howard duped players into moving their retirement funds into a fraudulent network of investments known as the Cambridge Entities.

In a scheme to pocket some $4 million, according to the indictment, Howard allegedly shared false investment prospectuses, entrusted player funds to an employee once convicted of federal fraud charges, and used a former legal client with a revoked medical license to evaluate the players conditions.

...Howard is also accused of editing and drafting medical records for former NFL player clients “for the purpose of influencing whether the clients would qualify for a monetary award from the NFL concussion settlement.”

...According to public court records, Howard represented such retired NFL players as Detroit Lions linebacker Tracy Scroggins, Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Quinn Gray, Baltimore Ravens cornerback Danny Gorrer, New Orleans Saints wide receiver Joe Horn and Miami Dolphins safety Shawn Wooden. He also represented Rose Stabler, the ex-wife of former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

syzpid posted:

So in 2019 he played like 3 Snaps for the Jets when Darnold was out and got hurt. Last year he made it through the season fine. This year he got hurt in pregame stretches. Such a weird combination/timing of injuries for him.

Once again this is the least weird thing about his NFL career existing to me. I'm not hating, I find it charming, it's just...well not what I would have expected his life to still have around in it at this point. Or to ever have had around in it in the first place.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

A tale as old as time

NFL players gotta have grit.

And the laws gotta have grift.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rams put Stafford on IR. :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MJeff posted:

Rams put Stafford on IR. :(

This is probably the best thing for everyone if he goes ahead and gets that surgery that it's been obvious he's needed all year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He really needs to retire. Take your chip and go home.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1599133531028049922

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Fines in the NFL are so dumb. Where did they get those numbers from?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It was funny when Zeke did it a few years ago and that was still funny. The NFL sucks.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No Fun League etc

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What’s the point of fining them?

Just say “any player who wants to celebrate can do so if you donate $2500 to Salvation Army! Yay nfl! Yay us!”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shinji2015 posted:

Fines in the NFL are so dumb. Where did they get those numbers from?

Base number set when the CBA was signed going up by a % each year, which is where those dumb numbers come from.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

What’s the point of fining them?

Just say “any player who wants to celebrate can do so if you donate $2500 to Salvation Army! Yay nfl! Yay us!”

My duty's to the law, you have no rights. Your fine is $24,601 - Roger Goodell.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

My duty's to the law, you have no rights. Your fine is $24,601 - Roger Goodell.

Goodell is such a miserable prick

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Thank god justice has been served. I no longer have to boycott the league for inoffensive, silly acts in the name of fun.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Watson better not celebrate too hard or he’ll really be in trouble

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just thinking about the Rams, if Stafford gets a bad bill of health when they check out his throwing arm etc, with the concussion issues and decides to pull his own card. McVay probably says gently caress it and goes off to take the gazillion dollars Amazon have apparently offered him to be their czar of football programming and Donald probably retires too. That franchise could be hosed for like 5 years given they won't have a first rounder til 24 and won't have had one for 7 straight years.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Next person to score a TD in Cowboys Stadium should poo poo in the pot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont follow college football much but I thought this was funny. Not the NFL but I think at least a few people here will appreciate this:
https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1599156060602105856

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont follow college football much but I thought this was funny. Not the NFL but I think at least a few people here will appreciate this:
https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1599156060602105856

And now an interception after it bounces off the receiver’s helmet. I don’t follow much college ball either but if it’s always this funny…

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

And now an interception after it bounces off the receiver’s helmet. I don’t follow much college ball either but if it’s always this funny…

it's usually this funny, it's why it's 1000x better than the NFL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

tarbrush posted:

He really needs to retire. Take your chip and go home.

He even managed to set the Lions up for the future with a high pick. That’ll do, pig

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BlindSite posted:

Just thinking about the Rams, if Stafford gets a bad bill of health when they check out his throwing arm etc, with the concussion issues and decides to pull his own card. McVay probably says gently caress it and goes off to take the gazillion dollars Amazon have apparently offered him to be their czar of football programming and Donald probably retires too. That franchise could be hosed for like 5 years given they won't have a first rounder til 24 and won't have had one for 7 straight years.

Worth it for the SB win but yeah, it’s gonna be rough there for a good while. It’s a shame so much about the team simultaneously fell apart so fast.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stafford’s wife is already saying he should retire apparently

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

BlindSite posted:

As a Texans fan, I would LOVE for our desert-wandering to be over in two years.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I think out of the three, Donald definitely retires, McVay probably retires, and Stafford should retire if he doesn't decide to get surgery, plus:

kiimo posted:

He even managed to set the Lions up for the future with a high pick. That’ll do, pig

Lions should retire Stafford's number just for this alone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Stafford’s wife is already saying he should retire apparently

She...kinda says a lot of things.

I'll believe it when it happens. Either way get that surgery on your elbow Matt. It'd probably help for other things in life even if you do retire.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think Stafford should keep playing until the Rams trade him for scraps and he's just bones and skin

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
He's been in the league for a long while, but Staff is still only 34. Assuming he can get healthy over the offseason, there's no reason to think that he couldn't have at least a few more good seasons in him.

... Though then again, now that he's got a ring and the Rams are probably gonna suck the next few years, I could see him deciding to hang it up to preserve what remains of his health.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Zach is moments from a broken jaw at this point

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1599116993763737601?s=20&t=GjFSS5qss7wpf68WBvEmdA

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He's been in the league for a long while, but Staff is still only 34. Assuming he can get healthy over the offseason, there's no reason to think that he couldn't have at least a few more good seasons in him.

... Though then again, now that he's got a ring and the Rams are probably gonna suck the next few years, I could see him deciding to hang it up to preserve what remains of his health.

Hes kinda climbed the mountain though and while 34 (as a 34yr old) isn't old athletically for a QB I could for sure see the fire going out after you've done it all.

Hes got the cash, got the legacy and the ring. Really wouldn't surprise me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

They printed the shirts!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

matthew needs to play 2 more seasons. he can go into the hall of fame. wuodln't you like to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it's cool how the league periodically shakes down its own players for cash