Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

glad to see i am not the only person who felt Wario was too subtle in his characterization. i am into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Anyone playing NFS Unbound have thoughts on grip vs drift tuning? I remember in Heat there was a clear advantage one way or another but I haven't quite figured this one out yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Anyone playing NFS Unbound have thoughts on grip vs drift tuning? I remember in Heat there was a clear advantage one way or another but I haven't quite figured this one out yet.

Seems like it might just be personal choice? There's a bonus and you get boost meter for "grip turning" as opposed to a drift, although maybe not quite as much as if you pulled off a sick drift I guess. So to answer your question I have no idea.

Edit: I think it's like grip turns are faster to get through a turn but you don't get as much boost built up. A good drift can have you coming out of that corner with a level 2 or 3 burst to use. So maybe drifting is better if you're trying to move up spots or be aggressive and then use grip turns if you're in the lead. At least this is kinda how I've been approaching it.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 3, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Yes, but not so much when your whole character is built around the idea of killing everyone without setting foot inside and falling over when anyone sneezes at them.

My second play through was on a guy with max Int & Crafting and I had very little issue playing most of the game on Hard :shrug: There was one stupid Delamane quest where you get ambushed and I had to turn the difficulty down, but other than that...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Volte posted:

I think I do actually remember that happening in that Panam quest now that you mention it. I wasn't too surprised though, enemies spawning in response to quest event triggers isn't exactly uncommon in video games, and it's not like they just popped into existence before my eyes. They were just there when they weren't before after I got down to the basement. Maybe they were on lunch break.

I ended up stopping my gameplay for the day on a Penam quest where you use a train to ambush a convoy. I hopped out of the car and proceeded to get one shotted by a shotgun guy before I could even try to get out of cover. The last checkpoint was quite a ways back :shepface:

While my V is this offensive powerhouse with the quickhacks, she apparently has bones made out of glass and skin made out of single ply toilet paper cause snipers and shotguns one shot me. Everything else only needs 3 or 4 hits to do it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

This game looks so French.

You can play the uhhh... original (?) here: https://kbhgames.com/game/pizza-tower

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

credburn posted:

This game looks so French.

You can play the uhhh... original (?) here: https://kbhgames.com/game/pizza-tower

There are a handful of demos and early builds floating around, each of which is a brief vertical slice showing off the game's state at that point in development afaik. Even still, the most recent publicly available one I'm aware of is 3 years old at this point.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Dream also seems surprisingly weak/squishy so far which is not what I was promised >: (

Dream got nerfed so that it's no longer the single indisputable best in the game.

I'm thinking I gotta give TQ another shot. My original play through waaay back when stalled on a way too tough early game boss and hell if I know if it was user error or what. All I do know is I want to take a crack at something Grim Dawn-esque that's less aggressively Grim Dawn.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Trying to use my docked deck to stream Judgment to my TV, but the drop-down menu for remote streaming doesn't appear by the play button. Are some games not streamable?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

So if I were looking for a game called "Medieval Rimworld" on steam, what game would be closest to fitting that bill?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

So if I were looking for a game called "Medieval Rimworld" on steam, what game would be closest to fitting that bill?
Dwarf Fortress. Rimworld usually gets described as "sci-fi Dwarf Fortress" IME.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
There is this game called let's get medieval or something like that which is pretty much just RimWorld but in 3d.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Going Medieval is 3D medieval Rimworld. Still in early access but progressing nicely.

And yeah, DF next week.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

If you don't mind fantasy China then Amazing Cultivation Simulator is also excellent.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

sebmojo posted:

battlefield 2042 is having a free weekend and as far as i can tell i am literally the only person playing it, i had a nice 20 min stroll around a battleground capturing the objectives, was restful after a hard week.

This apparently has something to do with crossplay, either turning it off or turning it on. Try the opposite of whatever you have if you're still trying I guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

John Murdoch posted:

Dream got nerfed so that it's no longer the single indisputable best in the game.

I'm thinking I gotta give TQ another shot. My original play through waaay back when stalled on a way too tough early game boss and hell if I know if it was user error or what. All I do know is I want to take a crack at something Grim Dawn-esque that's less aggressively Grim Dawn.

If worst comes to worst, they never actually fixed the bug where you can reclaim more XP than you lose through death by rapidly alternating right/left click on the grave marker. Losing to win, baby!

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Clanfolk seems to be literally medieval Rimworld judging from the screenshots, haven't tried it. Not enough warcrimes though, on first sight.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1700870/Clanfolk/

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Clanfolk is peaceful medievalish Rimworld yeah.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kibayasu posted:

This apparently has something to do with crossplay, either turning it off or turning it on. Try the opposite of whatever you have if you're still trying I guess.

Thanks! This is excellent advice, I already got it from another goon and played a few rounds as sacrificial bullet fodder, seemed solid enough

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
This month I played Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and it's been awesome. Definitely felt some awkward level design issues with TNC but these games are fuckin great. I'm glad I went in knowing nothing of these games (having played all the other Wolfensteins previously, except for the 2009 one), not that there are especially significant spoilers, at least not to the story, but some of the set pieces and poo poo that happens is fuckin wild and unexpected.

The next game is Youngblood. I know it has a big focus on co-op. Is it worth playing single-player?

credburn fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 4, 2022

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I started playing Battlefield 2042 after getting killed by hackers a bunch in BF5, and it's not that bad? I know they added/fixed a bunch of stuff since release, but it feels like a Battlefield game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

credburn posted:

The next game is Youngblood. I know it has a big focus on co-op. Is it worth playing single-player?

It is (was?) on Game Pass and I put it down after one mission. It might somewhat work as a co-op game when you have sombody to shoot the poo poo with and can actually plan your approach. It feels really awkward as a solo game, especially if you've played the other modern Wolfenstein games recently.

I was more tempted to find a cut-scene compilation on Youtube then find a co-op buddy.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Borbs acquired. credits can roll now.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Harmonix's dj game fuser is shutting down.

Was a ton of fun, but to niche I suppose to ever take off.

https://www.pcgamer.com/just-two-ye...m_medium=social

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TQ works perfectly on Steam Deck btw

You might be slightly limited in number of skills you can use at once though compared to kb/m, but I'm playing a soothsayer so I just sit there anyway lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A Bearded Tit, the prototypical boob

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

TQ works perfectly on Steam Deck btw

You might be slightly limited in number of skills you can use at once though compared to kb/m, but I'm playing a soothsayer so I just sit there anyway lol

Soothsayer is cool but it’s a bit more active than I expected. Ternion Attack and Deathchill Aura are so strong that you kinda wanna hang around at midrange and shotgun staves with your AOE buffs up. Although I’m sure there are more passive playstyles available.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

drat thats a cool bird

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is that Harvestella? still getting over my rune factory disappointment.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

exquisite tea posted:

Soothsayer is cool but it’s a bit more active than I expected. Ternion Attack and Deathchill Aura are so strong that you kinda wanna hang around at midrange and shotgun staves with your AOE buffs up. Although I’m sure there are more passive playstyles available.
I built mine primarily in Nature with a bow and spent most of the game just playing debuffer and healer to a pet swarm.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Awww yeh titposting

I'm a fan if this Brian Setzer looking guy

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The early impressions in this thread told me that Harvestella sucks. Yet the Borb posting now is telling me that Harvestella rules. Where is the truth, goons?

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 4, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the truth is different posters have different opinions about what games are good and what games are bad and the qualities that designate a game as one or the other

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Cowcaster posted:

the truth is different posters have different opinions about what games are good and what games are bad and the qualities that designate a game as one or the other

For instance, games I like? Good.

Games you like? Bad.

:colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Ban this sick filth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wasn't what some people wanted it to be, namely a sequel to farming games made by different companies. it's pretty good but not outstanding, imo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Seems good to me. Farming has a fraction of the complexity of rune factory 5 and it's disappointing that there doesn't seem to be any reason to treat any block of farmland differently from any other block, the goal just seems to be to keep Something growing on every square if you can. But the game feels vastly more coherent than RF5 in most ways so it's fine that the system is simple because it fits into the rest of the game well. Money is scarce for how many expensive things there are to buy, so it feels rewarding to get a big shipment in or find expensive crop seeds as dungeon loot to avoid having to pay for them. the 2D art is much more professional than RF5 and the 3D art is nice in a stylized way even if it isn't technically impressive, just a nice game to look at overall. The game has less personality than RF5 but not no personality. If it keeps up this quality for the rest of the playtime then I will definitely be able to give it a rec.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm getting into chapter 4 of Harvestella and I think it's decently good and has had some fun story moments (like a throwback to Chrono Trigger's trial scene)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just realized my Steam account is old enough to move out and get a PC of its own

:wth:

edit: If I add up my hours played on every single game in my library it just barely cracks 10k so I guess I do not play video games as much as I thought, that's about 10 hours/week

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 5, 2022