Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

This pug reminds me so much of my grandma who passed recently. Just exudes her energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/JuulGMR.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That seems excruciating. Why not use normal doggie nail clippers?

edit: I mean excruciating for the doggo. Like getting zapped with a dental drill 20 times.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Probably costs 10x what a set of clippers costs to.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We got one of those but our dogs hated it and would honestly rather get clipped. It was called the pedi-pad, probably for obvious reasons

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I'd want to use clippers just to not have the cloud of doggy nail dust floating in to the room.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Christ I can't imagine what would happen if I got anywhere near any of my cats with that thing

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

We got one of those but our dogs hated it and would honestly rather get clipped. It was called the pedi-pad, probably for obvious reasons

Yeah, I remember when my sister got one for her dog and he hated the noise so much that he wouldn't even stay in the same room with her when she got it out of the drawer. I don't think she ever actually used it on him because he hated it so much.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/5iHDfsT.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

GOOD WORK CHEESECAKE

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bored posted:

Since the dog’s head looks like a heart and its smile looks like a heart, I made a thing (that would probably be better accomplished in photoshop but then I wouldn’t get to doodle)

A perfect blend of adorable and terrifying. Well done!

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

withak posted:

edit: I mean excruciating for the doggo. Like getting zapped with a dental drill 20 times.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I went to visit my brother for Thanksgiving and if he whipped out the Dremel and buzzed it in the air a few times, his bull terriers would come running and whining to him, fighting each other for the privilege to get their nails filed first. No idea why but they were in love with getting their nails done.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
On the rare occasion one of my dogs growing up had a chipped claw, we just used either a regular metal nail file or a sanding sponge.

The spinning metal thing just seems designed to frighten most dogs.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

withak posted:

Nah it isn't painful. I tried it on myself when I was a vet tech, it was actually pretty pleasant. It's just the noise that spooks animals, you can really only do this if you used it from day 1 when they were puppies/kittens.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

withak posted:

yes I'm sure it's horribly painful :geno:

Real talk: large dogs with thick, dark claws can be surprisingly easy to hurt with snippers. The dremel thingy is loud and takes longer, but it's much harder to gently caress up in a way that causes pain and thus guarantees the dog won't cooperate ever again.

It doesn't exactly require a lot of torque, so the tool isn't all that much more expensive than quality snippers.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Dec 4, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ECSjMEd.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ixrNjSL.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

That pretty effing neat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also mildly terrifying depending on your level of confidence in mnemonic snake identification.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Oh gosh, I will always be thankful for people who post cute reptiles and spiders and stuff in here. Sure, I love cats and dogs, but adorable reptiles are such a rarity.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PainterofCrap posted:

Christ I can't imagine what would happen if I got anywhere near any of my cats with that thing

A rotary tool that can take anything off of dog nails should not be used on a cat since their nails flake off in sheets.

People who are easily scratched by their happy dogs or protective of their floors really like those nail files and I would finish a nail trim with them after using regular nail clippers to take off the length when I groomed. Rotary tools for nail finishing don’t need a lot of torque, so shouldn’t be too loud. When grooming, the quietest hair clippers are probably louder than whatever rotary tool I had for nails. (It’s been over two decades)

And someone above mentioned the dogs with super thick nails. Since nail clippers that are too dull pinch the nails, it pinches the quick, which is where the nerves start. There seem to be lots of dogs with thick nails that the grooming industry just can’t make nail clippers sharp and powerful enough to get through.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Dec 4, 2022

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

OwlFancier posted:

Also mildly terrifying depending on your level of confidence in mnemonic snake identification.

The mnemonic about "red to yellow, kill a fellow" only works for US coral snakes. There are ones in Mexico with the colors reversed. But coral snakes are pretty chill and won't bite unless you, like, grab them. Bites are so rare the only company making the anti venom ceased production because it wasn't profitable.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Black on white, you're all right?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

withak posted:

Black on white, you're all right?

Red next to black is a friend to Jacque.

But if you're not Jacque well,

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Sssssisyphus

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

OwlFancier posted:

Red to yellow
wheels a fellow
red to black
you're on track

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Yes but my brain goes "Snake is here, have no fear" :(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I think they smoked her up a bit much to celebrate her upcoming birthday

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0qj0ZlO.mp4

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

They might be able to limp around like me but they'll never imitate my lame posting.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Fuckin ableist dogs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ssssssisyphus

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/4BSYaw6.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I may have made a mistake at some point

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

:rip:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

So much cocaine

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Don't worry about the cat; you can see its head pop up at the end. Unless you meant :rip: for the tree, in which case, yeah.

Our cat did this a number of years ago, and we switched to real trees after that--the stand has a large, heavy, wide metal base that he can't tip over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Cat in the background:

I'm getting the Hell outta her.....well, you know.... I'm gonna see how this turns out.