Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Unbanned Trump still hasn’t tweeted 🤣🤣🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

JackBandit posted:

I can’t believe taibbi and greenwald were at one point professional writers. How do you form sentences so poorly? Like the actual job that every writer has is to form grammatically correct sentences that have an unambiguous meaning.

Once you pivot to being a "free speech absolutist" or whatever their hot new moniker is, the absolute last thing you want to do is express your views clearly and unambiguously.

Just look at the mess Ye made by saying the quiet part out loud, and they can't even yell at him for giving away the game, because that'd mean they would also have to give it away.

He dared Elon to poo poo or get off the pot, and the best Elon could do was "banned for inciting violence" lmao

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 4, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: gently caress, doublepost

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Robo Reagan posted:

time to bundle up under some blankets and go to bed. i cant wait to see what insanely stupid thing elon has done at 3am when i wake up

Captain Hygiene posted:

Twitter moves into virtual space to enable infinite scrolling in all three dimensions

"You can now use VR goggles to experience FREE SPEECH up close"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

i work with a bunch of software, digital, and electrical engineers. i remember several years ago there was some hullabaloo about a google employee writing a letter that said women don't make good engineers with a bunch of :biotruths: nonsense, and then he got fired

there was an outcry online about the firing, and also by some of my coworkers when the subject came up. they were angry that google was suppressing free speech or that we should hear him out, both sides are worth listening to, etc.

there's only one of them i still work with from time to time since that team got shuffled around as projects came and went, but as you'd guess he's also a huge elon fan. considers himself to be a "centrist" but listens to conservative radio every morning as he drives into work. plenty of those kind of people exist in tech jobs.

isnt this also the dumbass that said the chatbot they were feeding stories about chatbots becoming true AIs said that the chatbot had become a true AI.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe we should ban humans that themseleves fail the human test from beep boops.

like just put them all in an underground faraday cage with the theme of being armish or some other pre WW2 civ.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

isnt this also the dumbass that said the chatbot they were feeding stories about chatbots becoming true AIs said that the chatbot had become a true AI.

i think that was a different dumbass, since the biotruths guy got fired long before the AI guy did his thing

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1599139645387788289

These numbers are not total dogshit but they’re not very competitive either given there’s no stock/equity (and if there was any it’d be super volatile and eventually worthless). Anyone “hardcore” enough for Elon is probably making twice that and puts up with a lot less bullshit and actually gets to make something that won’t be torn down or on fire in <6 months.

They’ll attract some right wingers in the bay for sure but we’ll see.

I seem to recall that Musk said that engineers would get equity grants. Although you're right that they'd be worthless.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PhazonLink posted:

That's Blake lemoine who is this guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

JackBandit posted:

I can’t believe taibbi and greenwald were at one point professional writers. How do you form sentences so poorly? Like the actual job that every writer has is to form grammatically correct sentences that have an unambiguous meaning.

You are thinking of an editor.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao imagine taking your kids to the aquarium and seeing this bullshit

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Why did they crop out the tied up Batman dangling over the shark tank?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That's Oswald Cobblepot.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
They stuffed Patrick Warburton into the Jiminy Glick suit.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Kafouille posted:

Take a peek : https://www.levels.fyi/?compare=Google,Facebook,Microsoft&track=Software%20Engineer
Senior Staff SWE at Google is north of half a mil total comp

Edit : For context, Google makes 1.65 million dollars a year per employee, and their costs are mostly labor. If anything, even at that pay level they are still getting screwed.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to drag anybody down but why the gently caress are tech professionals compensated like this when non-tech professionals in education, public universities, state government etc. can barely afford a loving apartment.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Duck and Cover posted:

That's Oswald Cobblepot.

this is true and rhino should feel bad for trying to mislead the public like this

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

god please help me posted:

The lady in the background looking at him saying bullshit...

That's Helen pluckrose. She punished a lovely anti crt book with James Lindsay. She definitely agrees with him.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Adenoid Dan posted:

That's Helen pluckrose. She punished a lovely anti crt book with James Lindsay. She definitely agrees with him.

Old tvs sucked rear end, it's right to be against them, but how do you punish a book? Dog-earing the pages to save your place?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TwoPair posted:

"You can now use VR goggles to experience FREE SPEECH up close"

VRChat, go to the The Black Cat and it's basically Twitter in 3D. It's a hangout world styled like a cafe, and because it's Quest compatible and fairly optimized it's the go-to for every screaming child, bigot, and general total piece of poo poo you'd never want to be in a room with.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

Old tvs sucked rear end, it's right to be against them, but how do you punish a book? Dog-earing the pages to save your place?

Woops.

Being written by those two could be considered a punishment though.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Number_6 posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to drag anybody down but why the gently caress are tech professionals compensated like this when non-tech professionals in education, public universities, state government etc. can barely afford a loving apartment.

"Capitalism"

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Number_6 posted:

because the world is fundamentally broken

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I closed my Twitter account a month ago, and honestly it's great and I don't miss it. If I do get the urge to mindlessly scroll for content I have a mastadon that I look through for five mins to scratch the itch.

The main upside is that I'm no longer being shown things that make me mad or are trying to convince me to invest in crypto.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Number_6 posted:

Tech professionals make line go up

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Number_6 posted:

It's unfair but what you're describing is the desired end state of trickle down economics. All of the money goes to the billionaire jackoffs and the people who work for them (idiots like me) instead of the people who actually keep society running.

Remember when we made a big deal during the covid-19 pandemic about the importance of "essential workers"? lmao hope they liked all of those thoughts and prayers

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

TwoPair posted:

Careful there Elon, like half your sycophants only started worshipping you when you smoked weed with Rogan that one time. If you start calling another dude doing drugs cool some of them won't detect the irony and start thinking he's rad instead of the NUMBER ONE THREAT TO DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD :bahgawd:

elon is envious of the response that hunter is getting lol, that's all there is to it

zero people have ever told elon that he seems fun to party with and has a great dick

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Number_6 posted:

because the professionals in education do not make universities 1.65 million dollars per year, see previous statement (capitalism)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The hunter biden laptop is even stupider for several reaspns:

1. The fbi investigated the laptop and filound while hunter biden did genuinely own it at one point it had been regulalry used day to day by 3-4 other people since then, so its diffocult or in some cases impossoble to prove anything on it its explicitly hunter bidens.
2. Because the chud shop owner wanted to flex he let right wing nutters download and add extra emails to the laptop so the fbi said any chance of the laptop heing used as evidence is zero, simply too much evidence tampering and a judge would throw it out over it.
3. To make it even dumber nothing in the emails is even illegal, at worst its lobbying which kf was a crime, half the trump clan would be in jail since kushner and don junior were doing the exact same thing.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

PhazonLink posted:

No. These are two different incidents.

The guy with the biotruths letter is James Damore. The chatbot-is-sentient guy is Blake Lemoine.

You can Google their names for info about their respective news cycles.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

elon is envious of the response that hunter is getting lol, that's all there is to it

zero people have ever told elon that he seems fun to party with and has a great dick

Didn't his ex come out and say specifically that he had a hosed up looking dick?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

The Saddest Rhino posted:

bioshock has a lot to answer for

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

rabble rabble posted:

because the professionals in education do not make universities 1.65 million dollars per year, see previous statement (capitalism)

Research professors make universities way more than that but otherwise yeah

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I hope to one day live the kind of life where a billionaire desperate for attention shares pics of my gigantic hog and fun dangerous lifestyle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh so Amazon and Apple have caved and are resuming advertising

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

CharlestheHammer posted:

Time to send screenshots to them right next to a hate post

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

neurobasalmedium posted:

Yeah he gave himself a big out by saying he never 'spoke with Putin' because he probably communicated with a Putin surrogate which would be far more discrete.

No one who speaks English has ever spoken to Putin. One of Putins things is that he pretends he only speaks Russian and French but not English and makes people speak to him through an interpreter.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

learnincurve posted:

No one who speaks English has ever spoken to Putin. One of Putins things is that he pretends he only speaks Russian and French but not English and makes people speak to him through an interpreter.

He speaks German as well.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

That'll, well, not "stop" but maybe "slow down somewhat" the bleeding, I suppose.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Plankalkuel posted:

He speaks German as well.

I would not entirely be shocked if the french are told he only speaks german and the germans are told he only speaks english.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CharlestheHammer posted:

May be just corporate speak but they say the advertising is pending "security tweaks" on twitter's part, which may go as small as making sure they have more than one moderation staff