Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Stairmaster posted:

If chainsaw man ate the humanity devil what would happen next

Everything evolves into crabs usually so probably crab people instead of monkey people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stairmaster posted:

obviously it would result in the mass dehumanizing themselves and facing to bloodshed of the populace

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Stairmaster posted:

How do you think the Nazis got memory holed?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

People will stop being polite and start being real

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Stairmaster posted:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

raocow posted:

I wonder if they teach how to make a proper devil contract in school. Like, yeah, you probably don't want to in the first place but if you're stuck in a situation, basic things to keep in mind not to just utterly screw yourself over.

holy poo poo are you the cat planet guy

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I do think that “chainsaw man eats devil devil” feels like a natural conclusion to the series in a few years

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

chainsaw man is already essentially the Devil-devil, as the thing devils fear most. The devils in hell calling out for him to save them from other devils but also he kills them too I guess gets around the depowering aspect of being called. Devil Devil-devil is maybe too much. ...devil

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stairmaster posted:

Splatoon.

Humans had their chance, now the squids shall inherit the earth.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

could god make a devil so big even he couldnt lift it

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I don't imagine authority's in chainsaw world would be teaching the ins and outs of contractual negotiations for the same reason they don't teach that in our own hellworld. Too much power in knowing the secret code phrases that you and other elites can use to ensnare the lessors in a population.

Let the plebs get taken by bad contracts so we can keep power with the good ones.

E. Revenant fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 4, 2022

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the Lawyer Devil would be hosed up

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Isn't that just the Justice Devil? Or is there linguistic room for a distinct Law Devil?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

E. Revenant posted:

I don't imagine authority's in chainsaw world wouldn't be teaching the ins and outs of contractual negotiations for the same reason they don't teach that in our own hellworld. Too much power in knowing the secret code phrases that you and other elites can use to ensnare the lessors in a population.

Let the plebs get taken by bad contracts so we can keep power with the good ones.

i don't think any amount of linguistic foolery would give someone an edge in a devil contract, since the terms are dictated entirely by the devils' whims. if the future devil wants your ears, tongue, and half your lifespan to make a contract, then you can either take it or leave it

the closest thing we get to loophole abuse is makima using her powers to force no-term contracts on devils and shoving people into the meat grinder for contracts she doesn't directly control

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Praying for Chainsaw Man to eat the Ohio Devil

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

i don't think any amount of linguistic foolery would give someone an edge in a devil contract, since the terms are dictated entirely by the devils' whims. if the future devil wants your ears, tongue, and half your lifespan to make a contract, then you can either take it or leave it

the closest thing we get to loophole abuse is makima using her powers to force no-term contracts on devils and shoving people into the meat grinder for contracts she doesn't directly control

Yeah this is correct I think. Even devils don't get to mess around with their contracts. They die if they violate them too. So hard to imagine they get too complex. You just gotta hope you get lucky like Aki and the fox devil thinks you're hot and wants to eat your hair.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
chainsawman should eat the florida devil

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hace posted:

chainsawman should eat the florida devil

Scholtz posted:

Praying for Chainsaw Man to eat the Ohio Devil

This feels like telling someone to eat lava, The Ohio Devil and the Flordia Devil are simply too powerful for consumption.

They would burst out of Chainsaw man's stomach like a Xenomorph.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Yeah ok, devil contract education would be a very short course consisting mostly of.
  • If you make a contract with a devil you are probably hosed anyway.
  • If you make a contract with a devil and it doesn't stop laughing for 10 min afterwards then you are definitely hosed.
  • If you try to make a contract with a devil but as soon as it looks at you it started laughing for 30 min straight then you are completely hosed.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

hbag posted:

the Lawyer Devil would be hosed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmpaClDlSw

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

E. Revenant posted:

Yeah ok, devil contract education would be a very short course consisting mostly of.
  • If you make a contract with a devil you are probably hosed anyway.
  • If you make a contract with a devil and it doesn't stop laughing for 10 min afterwards then you are definitely hosed.
  • If you try to make a contract with a devil but as soon as it looks at you it started laughing for 30 min straight then you are completely hosed.

DARE but it’s Devil Abuse Resistance Education

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I wonder what the cost of the contract to get Bucky to be a class pet was, especially when the whole exercise seemed designed around lessening the fear of devils/Bucky

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

I wonder what the cost of the contract to get Bucky to be a class pet was, especially when the whole exercise seemed designed around lessening the fear of devils/Bucky

I mean, Denji got a best friend for life in exchange for a little blood. Someone as vulnerable as Bucky wasn't in any position to negotiate anything better than a little blood and not being killed on the spot.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I get the impression that the chicken devil is incredibly weak, and "we won't kill you but you have to be our pet" is probably the best deal he's every gotten

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Yeah I get the impression that the chicken devil is incredibly weak, and "we won't kill you but you have to be our pet" is probably the best deal he's every gotten

To be fair, Denji was pretty enthusiastic for that deal as well.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Bread Set Jettison posted:

DARE but it’s Devil Abuse Resistance Education
Thinly disguised efforts to get kids to spy on their friends&family while inadvertently making devil contracts look cool? Checks out.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I just want you to know that I appreciate this.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I Am Fowl posted:

I just want you to know that I appreciate this.

I know, right? It really is the perfect obscure reference.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

A blessed chainsaw man day to all who practice

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This feels like telling someone to eat lava, The Ohio Devil and the Flordia Devil are simply too powerful for consumption.

They would burst out of Chainsaw man's stomach like a Xenomorph.

sounds like you don't believe in pochita.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ZiegeDame posted:

Isn't that just the Justice Devil? Or is there linguistic room for a distinct Law Devil?

equating "justice" with "law" is a very naive take

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

ZiegeDame posted:

Justice is a kind of conceptual, alomst divine, fairness heavil;y tied to morality.
Law is just an enforced code of conduct set by a State, presented as fair and just but often simply function to maintain a status quo that favours those setting the laws and thus rarely "Just" for most members of the society. The two ideas are often linked to obfuscate this.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Aurora posted:

sounds like you don't believe in pochita.

Here comes the Hubris Devil

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

man she sure does like fish

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Heeeeees baaaaaaack.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-113/chapter/25867?action=read

sube
Nov 7, 2022

So she'scalled the famine devil but she's focused on right and wrong? Kind of weird naming. Good chapter though

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Good chapter.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I thought the reader was being buggy with the two near identically laid out page set ups.

And now we have names the return of old friends! How lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Denji will eat the fish(es)