Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I love it so much. The last comic someone posted a while back was wonderful too. I love the fun people can have and get the characterization spot on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Someone with more talent than me (IE any) please do a Frasier version of this saying "quite stylish"

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Yeah, they seriously nailed exactly how I'd imagine Columbo and Frasier interacting perfectly, most I've laughed while taking a dump in a long time.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I would have kind of loved Daphne having a granny moon story about a murder that looked like a suicide

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gil coming in saying something like "Frasier! You cheeky scoundrel, you brother Niles just dished in the elevator. It's absolutely CRIMINAL-
NOW GIL YOU CAN'T GO BELIEVING EVERYTHING
-Just MALICIOUS that you didn't tell me about that saucy Malbec you picked up this weekend!"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Few things make me cringe as badly as the Crane boys suggesting lines for Martin's song for Frank Sinatra

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

codo27 posted:

Few things make me cringe as badly as the Crane boys suggesting lines for Martin's song for Frank Sinatra

there are a couple of episodes where the acting is "so good" that its really clear the actors are having the worst time of their recent memories, and this episode is one of them

you can actually see the moment david hyde pierce reconsiders his life choices

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

This owns so hard.

EDIT: Oops. Ah, nevertheless...

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

codo27 posted:

She's a like a wood all cool and shady! :haw:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
No Niles in reboot. https://www.indiewire.com/2022/11/david-hyde-pierce-frasier-reboot-no-niles-why-kelsey-grammer-1234785468/

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I caught an episode of Caroline in the City the other night in which David Hyde Pierce was an IRS agent auditing Caroline's neighbor Annie. The joke was she thought he wanted to sleep with her but he really just wanted an audition for Cats. That show is usually terrible but it was a pretty funny episode!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

No Niles and no Martin? I'm not convinced this will still be interesting to me but he's hoping.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There better be a closing but every episode where Frasier writes in his journal blog.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol don't read the Wikipedia article on his politics... Lolololol

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Whenever Niles not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Niles?"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Reeks of "I'd absolutely do this if it meant working with all my old friends and not Kelsey Grammer but gently caress this" to me.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
What's the point. The best episodes had Niles.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

maybe maris will be on-camera this time

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Niles in the show but only by mention from other characters.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
the best characters are either a) not doing it because they loathe kelsey grammer and enjoyed working with everybody else, most of whom are b) or dead

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

GolfHole posted:

maybe maris will be on-camera this time

That would actually be hilarious. Especially if she's relatively normal and sharing the wild reasons Niles is absent

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

it'd be great if maris also described niles in wildly exaggerated, yet still true to life, terms to make him sound like some extreme caricature of a dweeb

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Should've made Niles instead.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Craig K posted:

the best characters are either a) not doing it because they loathe kelsey grammer and enjoyed working with everybody else, most of whom are b) or dead

I mean despite Kelsey's personal life and politics I've only ever heard him being pretty amiable and professional on any set he ever worked on even when he was drunk off his skull. And I've never heard of any of the cast say otherwise.

Plus as evidence to add to this, they all did a big friendly zoom reunion together in 2020.

Like I'm pretty sure David probably just has other things going on in his career and doesn't want to commit the time to the revival of a show he did almost two decades ago.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Zeniel posted:

I mean despite Kelsey's personal life and politics I've only ever heard him being pretty amiable and professional on any set he ever worked on even when he was drunk off his skull. And I've never heard of any of the cast say otherwise.

Plus as evidence to add to this, they all did a big friendly zoom reunion together in 2020.

Like I'm pretty sure David probably just has other things going on in his career and doesn't want to commit the time to the revival of a show he did almost two decades ago.

lol at every bit of this

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently he'd be just like basically comatose out of his mind on drugs on set until shooting started and then he'd suddenly get up and be Frasier.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently he'd be just like basically comatose out of his mind on drugs on set until shooting started and then he'd suddenly get up and be Frasier.
same

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Zeniel posted:

Yeah, this. I'm not sure what everyone else is on about.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Octy posted:

Yeah, this. I'm not sure what everyone else is on about.

Even if everyone was friendly on set, I could still see some of the cast not wanting to get back involved with a weird trump supporting alcoholic. Things were less extremely politicised in the 2000's but you just know the remake is going to be more controversial.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My wife, (doesn't like Frasier, likes reality TV, tiktok and youtubers) accused me of a "fuedian slip" yesterday :negative:

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Annabel Pee posted:

Even if everyone was friendly on set, I could still see some of the cast not wanting to get back involved with a weird trump supporting alcoholic. Things were less extremely politicised in the 2000's but you just know the remake is going to be more controversial.

I mean maybe, but nobody involved has actually said as much. And again they did all have a reunion get together within the last two years and all seemed affable.

I think of it like Mel Gibson, given his alcoholism and antisemitic remarks he still gets work. According to the writer Josh Olsen it has a lot to do with the fact that on set he's professional and people like to work with him.

I imagine its similar with Kelsey Grammar. I could be wrong of course, but short of him having to spend time in rehab at one point, I've never read anything about him being particularly problematic to work with.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

codo27 posted:

My wife, (doesn't like Frasier, likes reality TV, tiktok and youtubers) accused me of a "fuedian slip" yesterday :negative:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zeniel posted:

I mean maybe, but nobody involved has actually said as much. And again they did all have a reunion get together within the last two years and all seemed affable.

I think of it like Mel Gibson, given his alcoholism and antisemitic remarks he still gets work. According to the writer Josh Olsen it has a lot to do with the fact that on set he's professional and people like to work with him.

I imagine its similar with Kelsey Grammar. I could be wrong of course, but short of him having to spend time in rehab at one point, I've never read anything about him being particularly problematic to work with.

Grammar's personal life also seems to inspire more pity than dislike from all I've seen, he's clearly a dysfunctional mess of a person, and his whole upbringing is almost comically tragic.

I imagine no one else was interested probably because they all see a revival as being a bad idea, and Grammar has the incentive of getting to relive his glory days but everyone else has better things to do.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Although I know Grammer is pretty right wing, I never got the sense that he was a really hardcore chud like Mel Gibson or Jon Voight. I thought he was more like Pat Sajak: conservative, but smart enough not to let that bullshit leak into their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Also pretty much nobody in real life gives a poo poo about politics. Twitter's not a real thing. Most people, when they encounter contradictory political viewpoints, will just go "Huh, I disagree but whatevs" and move on.