Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

He looks pretty G tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ZY8tKc3.gifv

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

OwlFancier posted:

in scotland they also eat deep fried battered flake

Scotland is some third world poo poo

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Flake is better texture and taste than cod lol. Lobster used to be slave food, too.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ranter posted:

Flake is better texture and taste than cod lol. Lobster used to be slave food, too.

He's not talking about fish

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
:thejoke:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Enemies? In my puter?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's more likely than you think.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

barbecue at the folks posted:

This is the best Christmas song, really captures the holiday mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHwhKwJypE4

I started playing this at my then girlfriend now wife years ago and it got turned into a real Christmas tradition at our house. I still lol a bit every time.

I love how many times a year this song gets referenced in the SA Christmas Music Thread. Last year it got churchified and sounds even more nefariously like a real song:
https://soundcloud.com/shredsyousay/weihnachtswalzer

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It has been proposed to me that this be made the background of at least pyf. Sebmojo pls do the needful

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grammarchist posted:

I love how many times a year this song gets referenced in the SA Christmas Music Thread. Last year it got churchified and sounds even more nefariously like a real song:
https://soundcloud.com/shredsyousay/weihnachtswalzer

These forums amaze me every year.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

saved by a youtube ad :angel:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It has been proposed to me that this be made the background of at least pyf. Sebmojo pls do the needful

Seconded

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Turn on your monitor.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I found out recently a "fun" detail about lobsters being prison/slave food: when it was they would boil them for hours then puree it shells and all and mix it with porridge. Not exactly lobsters thermidor lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

projecthalaxy posted:

I found out recently a "fun" detail about lobsters being prison/slave food: when it was they would boil them for hours then puree it shells and all and mix it with porridge. Not exactly lobsters thermidor lol

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Actual Best Christmas song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtZR3lJobjw

Edit: And this is the best non-joke Christmas song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx35_DRIZ8g

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Dec 4, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I somehow managed to avoid all i want for christmas is you in retail stores and my coworkers at a liquor store (who willingly listened to the monster mash on repeat for 4 hours on halloween to humour me) snapped and lost their poo poo at me when i played it once in a lineup pf christmas songs

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I somehow managed to avoid all i want for christmas is you in retail stores and my coworkers at a liquor store (who willingly listened to the monster mash on repeat for 4 hours on halloween to humour me) snapped and lost their poo poo at me when i played it once in a lineup pf christmas songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvWwJ6sh5s

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I know the term slash originated from horny classic trek fan girls writing about Kirk/Spock but I feel like this is better.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I saw dickbutt in a cloud today. I couldn’t take a picture because I was driving a bus, but I saw it and it was real and I will speak my truth.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Hermsgervørden posted:

I saw dickbutt in a cloud today. I couldn’t take a picture because I was driving a bus, but I saw it and it was real and I will speak my truth.

you should have taken the picture anyway, who cares if you crash? you would have gotten a picture of God

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Large Testicles posted:

you should have taken the picture anyway, who cares if you crash? you would have gotten a picture of God

My phone has to be powered off and out of reach. Dickbutt cloud was real, but ephemeral.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Hermsgervørden posted:

My phone has to be powered off and out of reach. Dickbutt cloud was real, but ephemeral.

It will live forever, here, in this thread

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dickbuss

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
When I lived in de bush we would listen to this at Christmas. https://youtu.be/qw8EBskkXX8 and it has always stuck in my head.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Hermsgervørden posted:

I believe you friend.

I can picture it so clearly in my minds eye. Floating serenely. I can see it better than the faces of some of my friends and family.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hermsgervørden posted:

Dickbutt cloud was real, but ephemeral.

It was too good for this world. It couldn't last.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Hermsgervørden posted:

It was an omen.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

projecthalaxy posted:

The more fun detail is that it isn't actually true, it's a story made up 100 years ago to sell lobster. Look 50 years earlier and you'll find the same stories told about salmon.

There's bills of sale from the 1700s for shipping crates of the stuff to New York from Maine because people couldn't get enough of it.

The kernel of truth part is that because it was so popular there were a lot of fisheries and guilds focused on it in New England, Boston was so overfished they had to start buying from Maine, so that when war broke out and it was no longer safe to travel there was a bit of a glut of the stuff.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The more fun detail is that it isn't actually true, it's a story made up 100 years ago to sell lobster. Look 50 years earlier and you'll find the same stories told about salmon.

There's bills of sale from the 1700s for shipping crates of the stuff to New York from Maine because people couldn't get enough of it.

The kernel of truth part is that because it was so popular there were a lot of fisheries and guilds focused on it in New England, Boston was so overfished they had to start buying from Maine, so that when war broke out and it was no longer safe to travel there was a bit of a glut of the stuff.

The same kinds of stories are told about freshwater crayfish in Sweden. The native species is going extinct from a parasite and replacement by an American species that always carries the parasite, but can survive it. "Oh you know, laborers used to sign contracts that they wouldn't be served crayfish more than once a week." " They used them only to feed prisoners back in the day" etc. No one has been able to find such a contract, or a document that is about feeding prisoners crayfish.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
there's a similar story about Rome and an alleged delicacy in the form of a giant bottom feeder who lived in their sewers

the sewers were in fact first built atop an ancient swamp so it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Well thats annoying. I use that story to pwn people who think about ordering lobster at restaurants. I probably still will, odds are they don't know its a lie.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Well thats annoying. I use that story to pwn people who think about ordering lobster at restaurants. I probably still will, odds are they don't know its a lie.

makes u think.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
it's not all bad news, here's a wooden nickel for your back pocket:

both of these crustaceans are technically Lobsters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I am convinced that if giant spiders existed they would taste like crab, and I will die on this hill.