Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
England’s strat of robbing the players that shouldn’t start is paying off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Gareth Southgate to be replaced by Carlo Ancelotti in advance of quarterfinal after his home is firebombed

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I hear that something is coming home, can anyone confirm what?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quizzlefish posted:

I hear that something is coming home, can anyone confirm what?

It's Raheem Sterling

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Rarity posted:

It's Raheem Sterling

Lmao

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
France v England will legit be a top tier match. My word.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

britishbornandbread posted:

France v England will legit be a top tier match. My word.

Winner will win the whole cup bank on it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Rarity posted:

It's Raheem Sterling

Lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

FullLeatherJacket posted:

May God forgive Mbappe.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Sterling’s girlfriend and kids were home when it was broken into according to some reports. £300k of watches stolen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rarity posted:

Winner will win the whole cup bank on it

This is very fair. I'm gonna be biased and say we should start trippier over walker despite his speed because he's just a better defender but eh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Total Meatlove posted:

Sterling’s girlfriend and kids were home when it was broken into according to some reports. £300k of watches stolen.

Yikes

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Total Meatlove posted:

Very excited for the pundits to victim shame everyone here

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Very excited for the pundits to victim shame everyone here

*Incredibly Graeme Sounesshly* Yiv gottae ask what on god's greenairth is he dooin with nearly haff a million quids wortha watches in his house? When I was a player, goin back forty years now, even as a manager whichawas fer twenty years, you never heard of such a nonsense

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

You've gotta ask yourself, where was Paul Pogba when Sterling was getting robbed, aye?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

You've gotta ask yourself, where was Paul Pogba when Sterling was getting robbed, aye?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
And here I am asking myself would they be getting in and fleecing the keeper of he wasn't lazy and would track back. If he wasn't out being a fancy lad he wouldn't keep finding himself out of possessions.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This seems to happen so frequently to footballers I just assumed the others have private security on their compound. Pretty messed up regardless.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
mbappe will score 2

can england score 3

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eau de MacGowan posted:

mbappe will score 2

can england score 3

Hmm based on the Iran, Wales and Senegal games I'm gonna say yes

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Rarity posted:

b b but hugo lloris!!!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

b b but hugo lloris!!!

I dunno if you've heard mate

But Lloris is a bit of a dodgy keeper

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dell_Zincht posted:

dodgy keeper

That's a tautology

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kyle Walker has shut Mbappe out of games before

I hope Southgate sticks with Bellingham/Henderson/Rice against France and doesn't go to a back 3.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
weird that bbc are now running a story saying the sterling break in wasn't actually that big a deal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Not really, there just seems to be some disagreement between Stirling's people and Surrey police about the family being home and robbers being armed. Might just be a definition of "at home", not in Qatar v in the house thing.

Still likely traumatic for the family, I can understand wanting to head back for a few days.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Maybe Sterling wouldn't be inviting all of this violence into his life if he weren't constantly brandishing an AK-47.

Am I doing this right British media?

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Rarity posted:

Easiest group, easiest R16 opponent possible (US aside). It’s been on cruise control thus far. Won’t be pretty against a decent opponent.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tortilla Maker posted:

Easiest group, easiest R16 opponent possible (US aside). It’s been on cruise control thus far. Won’t be pretty against a decent opponent.

I thought people were calling that group the group of death

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ilmucche posted:

I thought people were calling that group the group of death

*Dearth, people have been misreporting that all tournament

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tortilla Maker posted:

No matter how far you move the goalposts they're still gonna be blocked by Maguire's big loving head

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Tortilla Maker posted:

Absolute horseshit. The mental gymnastics people go through to play down any England victory is sensational.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"Ok sure you won 4-2 but it was only in extra time and one of those goals clearly didn't cross the line and VAR would have proven it and you were the host nation anyway so it barely counts"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Unless you've played the cast of a Nike advert your wins don't count imo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

quote:

every cut away to an England fan looks like it should be captioned 'man pleads guilty to mistreating pet snake.'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My favourite part of the Senegal game was the contrast of all their fans dancing and playing drums while all our fans looked like they'd been slapped in the face by a greasy trout

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
whys this thread on the second page when the coming home is just gathering speed

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's browsing for cheap flights on the way home right now, considering hitting up the duty free

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eau de MacGowan posted:

whys this thread on the second page when the coming home is just gathering speed

Perfidious Scots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

kecske posted:

it's browsing for cheap flights on the way home right now, considering hitting up the duty free

no duty free in qatar mate, its proper death or glory now