Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

within five years maid will be totally normalised and people will say "oh he euthed himself" as casually as they now talk about covid deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tonight at 9, the latest fad your kids are doing behind your back: it's called "euthing", and it's not as safe and innocent as popular TV ads portray it to be

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

There was a scandal yesterday when a disabled veteran testified that she was trying to get a wheelchair and instead the (American VA-equivalent, I think?) person she was dealing with suggested MAiD instead.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
nobody wants to live anymore!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There was a scandal yesterday when a disabled veteran testified that she was trying to get a wheelchair and instead the (American VA-equivalent, I think?) person she was dealing with suggested MAiD instead.

A major current in this specifically for veterans is that more Canadians have died of suicide since the war than died in Afghanistan. This was a major embarrassment to the government but they had no intention of actually doing or fixing anything, so they put out this narrative that the tragedy was that the suicides were done the wrong way, if that makes sense, and so the good, humane, enlightened thing was to provide MAID. You see? Suicide is déclassé, "self medication", whereas MAID prioritizes patient autonomy and relief of suffering. Those patients weren't crying out for help, they were crying out for death, and simply needed access to affordable suicide.

It's coming from a place that they've already chosen to die by virtue of being suicidal, and so the right thing to do is to respect their autonomy and relieve them of their suffering the right way.

I don't know how to really explain this kind of moral posturing to people who haven't run into Canadian liberals, but they have truly taken the stance that this makes them better than Americans. It's why it's basically impossible to argue with them.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
better than americans is such a lofty moral standard

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

posting on the white power page to remind us that capitalism is white supremacy

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Here's the tweet. https://mobile.twitter.com/LouiseKinross/status/1599205897493880833

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Frosted Flake posted:

A major current in this specifically for veterans is that more Canadians have died of suicide since the war than died in Afghanistan. This was a major embarrassment to the government but they had no intention of actually doing or fixing anything, so they put out this narrative that the tragedy was that the suicides were done the wrong way, if that makes sense, and so the good, humane, enlightened thing was to provide MAID. You see? Suicide is déclassé, "self medication", whereas MAID prioritizes patient autonomy and relief of suffering. Those patients weren't crying out for help, they were crying out for death, and simply needed access to affordable suicide.

It's coming from a place that they've already chosen to die by virtue of being suicidal, and so the right thing to do is to respect their autonomy and relieve them of their suffering the right way.

I don't know how to really explain this kind of moral posturing to people who haven't run into Canadian liberals, but they have truly taken the stance that this makes them better than Americans. It's why it's basically impossible to argue with them.

I mean, yeah? gently caress it, the systems involved aren't going to be fixed any time soon, and forcing people to stay alive to own some abstract institution is inhumane. Better to go out under medical observation than loving up an attempt and being simultaneously stripped of your rights for your "own protection", incurring medical debt for the resurrection, and potentially being incapacitated or in a great deal of pain as a result of a foiled attempt.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
What's wild to me is that 20-30 years ago the debate about legalizing medically assisted suicide was full of disingenuous "If it's legal medical systems will just coerce unprofitable patients to kill themselves instead of receiving costly treatment." They didn't genuinely believe that, they just knew "It's against my religious beliefs" was a weak argument.

Now here we are and the Canadian VA is suggesting death as an alternative to wheelchair accessible housing they'd be on the hook for.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

I mean, yeah? gently caress it, the systems involved aren't going to be fixed any time soon, and forcing people to stay alive to own some abstract institution is inhumane. Better to go out under medical observation than loving up an attempt and being simultaneously stripped of your rights for your "own protection", incurring medical debt for the resurrection, and potentially being incapacitated or in a great deal of pain as a result of a foiled attempt.

Yeah but the people pushing MAID here should just provide proper care so people don't kill themselves.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PerniciousKnid posted:

Yeah but the people pushing MAID here should just provide proper care so people don't kill themselves.

What if, and hear me out, the people pushing it killed themselves instead?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

AxGrap posted:

https://www.zennioptical.com/

It's great for backup glasses and kid glasses and glasses. There was another super cheap one but I forgot

i bought a pair a couple months ago and they looked ok on the website but when i got them they looked like old lady librarian glasses so now they're my backup pair...or i put them on my 4 year old and she looks adorable

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

god drat

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Yup. Disabled people were absolutely right. Life unworthy of living.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Coolness Averted posted:

What's wild to me is that 20-30 years ago the debate about legalizing medically assisted suicide was full of disingenuous "If it's legal medical systems will just coerce unprofitable patients to kill themselves instead of receiving costly treatment." They didn't genuinely believe that, they just knew "It's against my religious beliefs" was a weak argument.

Now here we are and the Canadian VA is suggesting death as an alternative to wheelchair accessible housing they'd be on the hook for.

Hear me out, maybe it’s against their religion because their religion instills a set of values prohibiting coercing patients to kill themselves.

We’re used to people disingenuously, cynically and hypocritically misusing their professed faith, but the principles exist for a reason and on an essential level it is to prevent this. In the American context, all we see is it being used to enforce social conservatism while compromising with Mammon at every turn.

The same belief that demands a confrontation with coerced state murder also requires tearing down the class structures and profit motives entwined with that, and no right wing Christian will go that far. That’s the tragedy of it.

All of that to say, I can see how this outcome is wholly consistent with the belief, but when’s the last time we saw consistency from the religious right?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Customer service rep dream come true! Just tell the annoying entitled person you'll help them kill themselves

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

just give ‘em a message board and it’ll work itself out

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Customer service rep dream come true! Just tell the annoying entitled person you'll help them kill themselves

how do i get one of these jobs where i can tell someone on twitter to kys without getting banned

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

A wheelchair ramp has to got cost like, a couple grand right?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

COPE 27 posted:

everything is unaffordable for the state unless giving money to the rich in neoliberal heaven

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

COPE 27 posted:

what if the state built a ramp but the person wasn't in a wheelchair for much longer

it'd be waste

can't have that

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CanLibs can be annoying but then there are the CanCons and I mean, we all saw the “Trucker Protest” last year (and I guess they are getting ready for around 2?).

The real money is being an NDP voter and being equally despised by both Libs and Cons for wanting dental, daycare, and higher taxes for the rich.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

This is awful!

we demand civil servants who go the extra mile and know the meaning of good customer service, which is why henceforth caseworkers will be trained to offer to personally euthanise anyone seeking government aid

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Blockade posted:

how do i get one of these jobs where i can tell someone on twitter to kys without getting banned

you have to be a white supremacist and you have to suck up to elon. but i repeat myself.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LeilaHormozi/status/1598693507954196480

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
the emotional insecurity of musk except with much less money

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every Wednesday of my life I review May finances. My life is hell

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
That sounds like a lot of dumbass meetings that don't accomplish anything, no wonder she's rich.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yep, that's solid 4 hour work days. Impressive.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
If you put every private engagement and plans of working on a specific task in your outlook calendar you can look really busy.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I need to come up with a better term for "making bad posts during working hours" to put on my calendar.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"Collaborating with outside resources."

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

cat botherer posted:

I need to come up with a better term for "making bad posts during working hours" to put on my calendar.

“group discussion with industry peers”

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Orange Devil posted:

If you put every private engagement and plans of working on a specific task in your outlook calendar you can look really busy.

Protip: don't do the tasks when planned, then make a new plan to do them on your calendar.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Every CEO that claims to start work at 4am is lying and/or extremely unproductive and bad at delegating.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Working hard going to the dentist and shaving off 2 hours to do so

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I imagine if any one of her underlings put "gym" as the reason they walked into work at 10:30 they'd be fired.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

blocking your calendar for things like lunch and working on a specific task is a really good tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I counted about 8 hours of actual work that whole week. she had more hours drinking coffee than work on there