Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Congratulations to the NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles

Hey! The Niners aren't even the team leading the charge after the Eagles.

Yes, I know they have tiebreaker over us and need to lose two games for us to take the lead, but you try and tell me an NFC East team can't lose two games it has no business losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Toaster Beef posted:

Think I pointed out something similar last week but if Denver could score 20 points per game they'd be sitting at 9-3 right now

The median points per game this season seems to be around 21.5.

When I first heard that Denver stat I was under the impression that 20 points was a poo poo-tier level of offense in tyool 2022. But it's actually dang near the middle.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The median points per game this season seems to be around 21.5.

When I first heard that Denver stat I was under the impression that 20 points was a poo poo-tier level of offense in tyool 2022. But it's actually dang near the middle.

Sure, but when you're leveraging the next five years of your franchise on a free agent QB acquisition you're probably looking for someone who will deliver better than slightly under dang near the middle

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tua is why we lost. That and our miserable linebackers. But ultimately Tua. He couldn’t hit poo poo today.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Toaster Beef posted:

Sure, but when you're leveraging the next five years of your franchise on a free agent QB acquisition you're probably looking for someone who will deliver better than slightly under dang near the middle

i'm not disputing that

i just found it interesting that the middle offense was so low

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lol Colts

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Then.
Now.
Forever.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have seen a curiously large amount of extremely bad football this year, but that was the worst.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

A few weeks ago I'd say I'd love to get another chance at Miami. Now I don't know if I want the Ravens to have a chance with anyone. I'm not sure sometimes if I'd rather see the Ravens lose but look solid doing it or win but look ugly. I mean you can say about the Broncos game yeah we won. But was there anything there to give anyone confidence? I know we have injuries but so does every team. The Ravens just don't have anything. It goes beyond just not having good players because we have Andrews and Likely and Oliver also make plays. So the win might be costly in the end if it keeps things the way they are.

I almost said yesterday after the game I'd rather we lose admirably than win ugly but didn't say it in the end because I'm not really sure. I think overall it's about confidence. And did the Ravens look good against Jacksonville? It's hard to say because look what happened to that team this week.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Can't wait to lose to the reigning AFC Champion Cincinnati Bengals in the playoffs again.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Bengos/Tits could be a great rock fight.

Chargers/Chiefs is pure :smith:.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would have to look at the standings but at this point I’m not confident the Titans can beat any team that makes it in outside of like the patriots or jets. I hope I’m wrong because a home playoff win would rule especially with a team this flawed but with the injuries being what they are and the general issues behind Burks and Okonkwo on offense I’m not sure I see it. I feel bad for tannehill, they really let the personnel around him deteriorate and we all saw how good he can be with a great supporting cast.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tua is why we lost. That and our miserable linebackers. But ultimately Tua. He couldn’t hit poo poo today.

You had forsaken the run. 8 attempts. And it was a 1 score game for a lot of it i think. shame.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtTJNraaREQ

Eagles are ridiculous :stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

EmbryoSteve posted:

You had forsaken the run. 8 attempts. And it was a 1 score game for a lot of it i think. shame.

It wasn’t pretty. Each of the three of those drive extended penalties were backbreaking

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Its really nuts that the bengals beat the Titans and Chiefs b2b again, almost a year later.

This team is really starting to come together and the Oline is really gelling.

I hope Burrow can finally beat the browns next week!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

Its really nuts that the bengals beat the Titans and Chiefs b2b again, almost a year later.

This team is really starting to come together and the Oline is really gelling.

I hope Burrow can finally beat the browns next week!

I hope so. They are playing better than the Browns in basically every facet of the game except for special teams the past few weeks.

Cincinnati has every reason to clobber the Browns on Sunday, but they still need to actually do it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What was the TLDR on the Cowboys game?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What was the TLDR on the Cowboys game?

It was a 2-point game at the start of the 4th quarter, then Matt Ryan decided he hates footballs and gave it to the Cowboys as much as possible, resulting in an absurd scoring spree for Dallas.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The only thing saving Indy’s rear end from being the most pathetic team in the league is that they didn’t give Matt Ryan $240m

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1599790987181580293

welcome to the 49ers!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Daniel Jones is enjoying his coffee this morning.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Edit: wrong thread

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

They already picked up Josh Johnson, sorry Baker!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:wow: but also :laffo:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They kept Sam Darnold over him.

And even more damning, that was probably the right call.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
What a year for my AV

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions need a practice squad QB.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I would have to look at the standings but at this point I’m not confident the Titans can beat any team that makes it in outside of like the patriots or jets. I hope I’m wrong because a home playoff win would rule especially with a team this flawed but with the injuries being what they are and the general issues behind Burks and Okonkwo on offense I’m not sure I see it. I feel bad for tannehill, they really let the personnel around him deteriorate and we all saw how good he can be with a great supporting cast.

You guys will pummel the poo poo out of the Chargers at the very least, so there's that to look forward to.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Durandal1707 posted:

You guys will pummel the poo poo out of the Chargers at the very least, so there's that to look forward to.

This is true but also the chargers won’t be making the playoffs or finishing with a winning record IMO so it doesn’t count. Looking forward to Justin Herbert playing in Tennessee In a few years though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I know people want opportunities to dunk on the cowboys so I just want everyone to know I've got some serious food poisoning today. Never trying their hotdogs again.

:barf:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I know people want opportunities to dunk on the cowboys so I just want everyone to know I've got some serious food poisoning today. Never trying their hotdogs again.

:barf:

this motherfucker ate stadium food lmao

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sirtommygunn posted:

this motherfucker ate stadium food lmao

Paying 29 bucks for the pleasure of getting food poisoning

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Baker to the Rams so we can have the one and future Kaep.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I ate two hot dogs at the Lions game and they were terrible but my stomach hasn't collapsed into a fireball yet so I got that going for me.

Also not the worst hot dog of my life. That gold medal still goes to the mall movie theater across the street from my apartment.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 5, 2022

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I know the Titans got spanked this week, but why are they only slight favorites at home against the Jags? Is there a big injury?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Do they have actual Coney Islands at Ford Field?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Baker really betting that Shanny or McVay can and want to fix his busted rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Baker really betting that Shanny or McVay can and want to fix his busted rear end

They could probably do it.