Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DrBouvenstein posted:

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1599465261618188288?s=46&t=aZi2Kvv_eWsQXYe2F1vKag

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...=zillowgonewild

FYI, that's not a "Extra" kitchen/wet bar in the basement...that (as far as I can tell from the photos) is the ONLY kitchen.

Who doesn't love a little piss splash-back in your risotto?

How could you not post the best part?

The females love it

This one is my favorite though. Obviously big fans of that well known basketball franchise, the Detroit Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sirotan posted:

The females love it

Why is there a grab bar on the shower ceiling?

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Y'all don't do pull-ups in the shower? A display of masculine virility like popping off a set whenever really gets the ~females~ hot and bothered.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

devicenull posted:

It's not a shower, it's the bidet.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Just Winging It posted:

Y'all don't do pull-ups in the shower? A display of masculine virility like popping off a set whenever really gets the ~females~ hot and bothered.

I choose to believe that the municipality has a building code that mandates a safety bar in the shower, but fails to mandate any requirements for the bar. So obviously in a house with urinals in the kitchen, and a beer tap over the toilet, the safety bar goes out of the way in the ceiling. Can’t have safety equipment getting in the way of whatever Fraternal induction ceremony takes place in that glass cage.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just makes it easier to keep the keg of Coors topped off that way.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

totalnewbie posted:

I live here. I really want to see this out of morbid curiosity.
You've never been in your own bathroom?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

devicenull posted:

:wink:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Sirotan posted:

This one is my favorite though. Obviously big fans of that well known basketball franchise, the Detroit Lions.

Pictured: Barry Sanders of the Detroit Lions

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Ashcans posted:

I'm not sure what is better/worse; that the fridge nook is a foot taller than the fridge for reasons, or that it doesn't go all all the way to the ceiling and leaves an awkward gap instead.

need to leave somewhere for the cat to sit

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sirotan posted:

The :females: love it

FTFY

Won't lie, I'd poo poo in that toilet.

devicenull posted:

Thats where you hang the gently caress swing. You know, for the :females:

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
It's the beer tap above the toilet that worries me.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I've found that if I pour Bud Light directly in the toilet it saves time, I don't have to taste it, and I don't get any less drunk.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

St_Ides posted:

It's the beer tap above the toilet that worries me.

So I'm not the only one that sees that.

There are toilets at the bar and a bar in the toilet. This dude is some sort of misunderstood savant.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Sirotan posted:

That bathroom is absolutely begging to have piles and piles of cocaine done in it.

Thus, I conclude this was owned by a former Dallas Cowboy. :colbert:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Motronic posted:

The "reasons" are that the rough opening was sized for a top compressor built in SubZero and someone jammed a big box store samsung or whatever in there because it was $10k cheaper.

SAMSUNG WINS!
FRUGALITY

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Ashcans posted:

I'm not sure what is better/worse; that the fridge nook is a foot taller than the fridge for reasons, or that it doesn't go all all the way to the ceiling and leaves an awkward gap instead.

Wait till you realise it's facing away from the kitchen.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I'm the semi-hidden Jägermeister tap in the shower

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Lo style/Hi flow

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That sort of tap can look great but not in this setting.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Vim Fuego posted:

Lo style/Hi flow

Oh jesus I have that same or near to it in my half bath. Whenever I do plumbing work and have air in the lines you need to deflect the water because it will shoot straight out. If that 2" pipe was actually the supply it would have the same effect as a 2"->1/2" reducer to and elbow. AKA, a waterjet.

I'm certain that pipe is just used for support but it's still funny.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Vim Fuego posted:

Lo style/Hi flow

Is that even potable-water rated PVC?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Is that even potable-water rated PVC?
It'd take an extraordinary amount of work to modify that faucet to actually be fed by that pipe. I'm sure the supply lines are just run inside the pvc.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

DrBouvenstein posted:

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1599465261618188288?s=46&t=aZi2Kvv_eWsQXYe2F1vKag

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...=zillowgonewild

FYI, that's not a "Extra" kitchen/wet bar in the basement...that (as far as I can tell from the photos) is the ONLY kitchen.

Who doesn't love a little piss splash-back in your risotto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQk_9W2iYU
Sorry for the poo poo quality. Hope you don't get motion sickness.

Sirotan posted:

:psyduck: The Pistons have even been a better team since at least the 80s. Hell, they're probably better at football too.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Zil posted:

Do you ever just want to build a shame cube in the middle of your living room for your refrigerator?

Why is it at a goddamn angle to the rest of the room? Why is it angled away from the rest of the kitchen?

Who hired Grover to design their kitchen?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That image is very familiar, it's been floating around since about 2018 I think. I find it on so many sites it's very hard to find the first instance. It's hit Reddit at least three times.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Vim Fuego posted:

Lo style/Hi flow

I feel like someone didn't understand the assignment.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

8one6 posted:

Why is it at a goddamn angle to the rest of the room? Why is it angled away from the rest of the kitchen?

Who hired Grover to design their kitchen?

I think it might be facing the kitchen? There's an electrical outlet on the side that didn't line up if it's facing the hallway.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

They make non-potable water pvc pipe?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Majere posted:

They make non-potable water pvc pipe?

PVC is generally not acceptable for potable water supplies due to it's breaking down and offgassing under UV and higher (as in domestic hot water) temperature conditions. I'm not aware of any reasonable jurisdiction in the US that allows it. edit: allows it ANYMORE

Motronic fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 7, 2022

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's no way that faucet is getting fed by a 2 or 3 inch supply line though. Plus it would only be hot or cold. Thats just a faucet that's supposed to be used on a regular inset sink, not on an elevated bowl sink, and whoever installed it either wasn't given enough money or didn't possess enough fucks to do it right.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah that's load bearing PVC pipe, probably intended to be wrapped with something or painted or some other ugly as gently caress attempt to YOLO a sink faucet

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

There's no way that faucet is getting fed by a 2 or 3 inch supply line though. Plus it would only be hot or cold. Thats just a faucet that's supposed to be used on a regular inset sink, not on an elevated bowl sink, and whoever installed it either wasn't given enough money or didn't possess enough fucks to do it right.

Yeah, there's this too. The bottom of that faucet is almost certainly two 1/4" flexible lines coming off of it: one for hot, one for cold. It also has somewhere to put a threaded rod or similar to clamp it to a countertop. The PVC is being used as a riser only.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Crappy Construction: yeah that's load bearing PVC pipe

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My friend excavated his sewer line to replace it because it had failed and he discovered that the person that installed it didn't bother to use couplings to join the 4" to 3" PVC and just jammed one inside the other and buried it. No wonder it failed.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there some combo of temperature/rainfall in the embark site finder that amounts to "Trees: Yes"?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Arrath posted:

Is there some combo of temperature/rainfall in the embark site finder that amounts to "Trees: Yes"?

haha that's a dwarf fortress question, isn't it

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Arrath posted:

There's probably a search string you could use on Zillow I guess

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arrath posted:

Are you suggesting some kind of... tree law?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Crappy Construction: Strike The Earth!