Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Of course Bryan says Bow Wow like that :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I'm Captain Lou and I'm talkin' to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAg-TFAAcrE

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao that trump opener

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am thankful there is an AEW reviewer who isn't a twitter troll like Dave Meltzer who doesn't even bother to watch the show. Especially one who has invested in production values and sets like The Snob. Just look at this intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fu-dd5kzs0

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm kind of expecting Big Damo and Axel Tischer to join him for a Sanity (I can't remember how it was stylised), and for that faction to be given another go on the main roster.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"dave your DVR didn't even record rampage this week?"
"I dunno maybe it had good taste"

lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Deadlock is up, the Fingerpoke of Doom.

I love that the boys are getting more and more annoyed with the culture of patreon names they themselves cultivated.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

projecthalaxy posted:

I love that the boys are getting more and more annoyed with the culture of patreon names they themselves cultivated.

Lol I'm still just skipping the first part of the show every week, there was a time where hearing james say dick the cock johnson a dozen different ways was funny every time but I think I'm over it now.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
More and more often I'm just skipping straight to the retro review. The Q&A and theme song segments do nothing for me.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

macho man randy sandwich lmao. i will never skip any segments

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

CVagts posted:

More and more often I'm just skipping straight to the retro review. The Q&A and theme song segments do nothing for me.

Same, especially when the patreon shoutouts are like half the episode

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It wasn’t actually a very long segment this time and the names were pretty good. Them getting to the end of a heartfelt message and seeing “by the way, DTCJ”, Johnny asking what that means and James immediately going “DICK ‘THE COCK’ JOHNSON!” was great.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

macho man randy sandwich lmao. i will never skip any segments

Mealier Kunish, star of Family Guy

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

Same, especially when the patreon shoutouts are like half the episode
They go 10 minutes! Meanwhile the retro reviews are about 2 hours give or take, depending on the length of the show being reviewed.

also shoutout to Tony for the sweet hog

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
don't deny yourself the pleasure of Bryan's disgust and anger with every part of Rampage in his review. BAFFLED

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I don't remember what was so baffling about it? There were some matches, Orange did a funny during the Mark Henry bit, then House of Black killed everyone? Like remind me what I'm missing

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Bryan and Dave watch the shows in the dark, alone, looking for things to hate

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't remember what was so baffling about it? There were some matches, Orange did a funny during the Mark Henry bit, then House of Black killed everyone? Like remind me what I'm missing

Why was Two Dimes in the prime spot on Rampage?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

Why was Two Dimes in the prime spot on Rampage?

To have a good match he would lose to a much bigger star and pay off an angle a few weeks ago.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
That doesn't answer why he was in the prime spot, though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rampage is a good show if you are an AEW maniac like muhself but it is a real C show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

That doesn't answer why he was in the prime spot, though.

Because he was wrestling the biggest star on the show.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

MassRafTer posted:

Because he was wrestling the biggest star on the show.

I would argue Orange Cassidy is a bigger star, but that's just me!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Orange Cassidy had to go on last to build the feud with Mark Henry, QED, flawless booking yet again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rampage is a good show if you are an AEW maniac like muhself but it is a real C show

i enjoy the taz content from rampage that makes it to botchamania

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

I would argue Orange Cassidy is a bigger star, but that's just me!

Darby has gotten a much more sustained push for longer and is someone they are always make sure they have a PPV feud for where Orange sometimes gets left off. Darby also got the TNT title where Orange gets the All Atlantic. They are comparable but AEW definitely pushes Darby a little harder.

And yes, they also seem to want more Orange/Mark Henry content.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Darby gets amazing vignettes and gets to hang out with Sting. OC has to hang out with some dude called Chucky Tea

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Darby has gotten a much more sustained push for longer and is someone they are always make sure they have a PPV feud for where Orange sometimes gets left off. Darby also got the TNT title where Orange gets the All Atlantic. They are comparable but AEW definitely pushes Darby a little harder.

And yes, they also seem to want more Orange/Mark Henry content.

I'd think most of us want more OC/Henry stuff. Plus ending long tapings with a Best Friends-related match has been a regular occurence for a long while now, since they are the best group to send a crowd home happy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I guess part of it being confusing if you're not a True Sicko is Shane Taylor showing up from nowhere and booking himself in a match?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I guess part of it being confusing if you're not a True Sicko is Shane Taylor showing up from nowhere and booking himself in a match?

And even then it was explained who he was and why he had a beef with Keith Lee.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

And even then it was explained who he was and why he had a beef with Keith Lee.

I probably wasn't paying 100% attention, but I had no idea he was previously Keith's tag partner until listening to show reviews. And was totally with Vinny on not knowing who Griffey is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

I probably wasn't paying 100% attention, but I had no idea he was previously Keith's tag partner until listening to show reviews. And was totally with Vinny on not knowing who Griffey is.

Really pathetic that Vinny is from the Seattle area and doesn't know Griffey.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Vinnie started listing off George Kenneth Griffey Jr.'s children and tried to determine if JD Griffey is The Kid's kid. He is not, and as best as I can tell the only time he's wrestled within 2000 miles of Seattle is a seven way scramble in Iowa for Revolver this past September.

None of which answers my question, why Shane Taylor is tagging with one of Wardlow's Plaintiffs -- and a guy who has Darkjobbed for Ethan Page and Tony Nese -- for the second time anywhere ever on an ROH PPV, besides I guess Griffey having wrestled 98% of his career in Texas. Which should make Griffey a Hometown Hero at Final Battle, I guess?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

Vinnie started listing off George Kenneth Griffey Jr.'s children and tried to determine if JD Griffey is The Kid's kid. He is not, and as best as I can tell the only time he's wrestled within 2000 miles of Seattle is a seven way scramble in Iowa for Revolver this past September.

None of which answers my question, why Shane Taylor is tagging with one of Wardlow's Plaintiffs -- and a guy who has Darkjobbed for Ethan Page and Tony Nese -- for the second time anywhere ever on an ROH PPV, besides I guess Griffey having wrestled 98% of his career in Texas. Which should make Griffey a Hometown Hero at Final Battle, I guess?

The answer is he's real good and has a history with Keith Lee. They'll probably explain that later on since he's not as important as Shane Taylor who Keith abandoned once their team gained steam. But it's a match full of Keith's former partners... including Swerve.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

somehow aew booking is too subtle for bryan alvarez

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

reading old WONs is always a blast

quote:

January 10, 2000

Keiji Muto was voted MVP in virtually every Japanese poll, for carrying New Japan during a year that Shinya Hashimoto was almost a non-factor and his career took a major plunge, and Masahiro Chono was never close to 100% in the ring. But Muto's knees are shot, which became more evident in the summer and fall, and at 37, he may be wrestling on borrowed time.

he would wrestle like 1300~ more matches in his career from this point, and is finally "retiring" in 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Aye Doc posted:

he would wrestle like 1300~ more matches in his career from this point, and is finally "retiring" in 2023

The knees being shot meaning he could no longer do moonsaults and forth and well that would be death for Mutoh right? Then he developed a new move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcY9XiMUibc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTc8RSCFm3E

Edit: "On 3/18/2001, Muto faced off against Brian Johnston at a NJPW card in Amagasaki, and gave wrestling one of his most lasting contributions. At this particular show, Muto debuted a new strike by which he would get his opponent on one knee, then run up, use his opponent’s raised knee to step off his opponent, and hit him with his own knee or shin. The move was called Shining Wizard, and it has since become one of the most used maneuvers in modern pro wrestling."

Lid fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 6, 2022

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
there should be more shining wizards in american wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rotinaj posted:

there should be more shining wizards in american wrestling

You should watch early 2000s indie wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

projecthalaxy posted:

Then they shouldn't laugh so hard at them, which is the real point of the segment???

And they want the messages to instead be just telling them they're great? Fools!

Aye Doc posted:

That's why you gotta include "may". Old mutoh screaming out in pain "motherfucker" is kinda great.