Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

admanb posted:

big beats

pretty well-deserved though it could end up being a step too far. Malekith might now be viable in Steve (who's broken) but bad as a Cabal leader, which would be tragic. Still, it's definitely good for the game and should at least briefly quiet the doomers declaring that AMG no longer cares about MCP

I think the change to the rerolls was cool and good but upping the charge hurts. you can still R&D to make it happen but as an attrition team you want those first turn dazes

either way glad they made the change before the end of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

admanb posted:

big beats

pretty well-deserved though it could end up being a step too far. Malekith might now be viable in Steve (who's broken) but bad as a Cabal leader, which would be tragic. Still, it's definitely good for the game and should at least briefly quiet the doomers declaring that AMG no longer cares about MCP

Nothing stops AMG doomers.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Malekith's range on turn 1 is still big, but it's now "punish overextension" big rather than "nowhere is safe" big

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

admanb posted:

big beats

im not even sure how or why people would think they'd abandon their most popular miniature game lol. I can understand that POV for the star wars ones but this one just had a wholeass revamp for like two dozen older character stat cards

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

im not even sure how or why people would think they'd abandon their most popular miniature game lol. I can understand that POV for the star wars ones but this one just had a wholeass revamp for like two dozen older character stat cards

it is wild what people will believe to justify their victim complex.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Our biggest game store who was carrying MCP has suddenly stopped. I thought they were doing well with it, too.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Did you happen to ask why? I wonder if it might have been something besides game health/sales.

My local store has a pretty health community, it's smaller than the big game like 40k and AOS, but larger than many of the other games. We normally have around six people out any given game day and managed to pull in 15 for a tournament at the store.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there precedent for people getting added to an affiliation outside of a new affiliation being created?

I ask because as I dive into Midnight Sons/Suns I notice that Wolverine and Magik aren't in the affiliation, but in the comics they are in the group.

Also with the new Weapon X affiliation it seems odd that the original Wolverine and Sabertooth aren't part of it, but I suppose that's more of a decision to get people to buy the new box.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 5, 2022

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Is there precedent for people getting added to an affiliation outside of a new affiliation being created?

Yeah, it's happened before, much earlier in the game's lifecycle.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

AMG seems pretty willing to revisit game material for tweaks and adjustments as the game needs, so I think they'd add to affiliations of they felt it was needed - fortunately the game design means that not being in-affiliation doesn't stop you taking anyone specifically, so it's probably not a high priority to fix.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
https://shop.asmodee.com/marvel-5-c...ss%2520games%2F

sucks that they're reusing the starter spidey but i think it still ends up being a decent deal for the other 3 and updated cards

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

John Romero posted:

sucks that they're reusing the starter spidey but i think it still ends up being a decent deal for the other 3 and updated cards

they're using that one probably because the other box, Amazing Spider-Man & Black Cat, sells like hot cakes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Leak probably real given that they're teasing Agent Venom/Jessica Drew next

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

Leak probably real given that they're teasing Agent Venom/Jessica Drew next

I was just about to post this. yeah that leak has been on the money

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ashcans posted:

AMG seems pretty willing to revisit game material for tweaks and adjustments as the game needs, so I think they'd add to affiliations of they felt it was needed - fortunately the game design means that not being in-affiliation doesn't stop you taking anyone specifically, so it's probably not a high priority to fix.

Yeah, it's just that when playing Midnight Sons it's really hard for me to break out of affiliation due to Siege of Darkness and Bats the Ghost Hound.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Floppychop posted:

Yeah, it's just that when playing Midnight Sons it's really hard for me to break out of affiliation due to Siege of Darkness and Bats the Ghost Hound.

yeah but even just 3 characters getting use out of those cards is still good

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

John Romero posted:

It makes sense because right now the only way to get Spider-Man is to buy the core. The core is a good deal, but we see a number of people who want to join up the local community and play, and unless you want to play Avengers or Cabal the core has limited options for you, and you might not care about the terrain if you're playing at a store. So now at least people who want to start on Web Warriors have a good in that includes that character.

Especially if they're buffing him to make him a better deal for 4 threat.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
It looks like AMG sells the dice and measurement tools separately, so it is possible to have everything you need to play it without the core it looks like (though buying the core still seems like a better deal, considering it has the terrain, unless maybe you really don't want to play avengers/cabal.)

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 5, 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Foolster41 posted:

It looks like AMG sells the dice and measurement tools seperatly, so it is possible to have everything you need to play it without the core?

you'd be missing the crisis cards that come with the core box and tokens too

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
oh yeah, good point.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

It looks like AMG sells the dice and measurement tools separately, so it is possible to have everything you need to play it without the core it looks like (though buying the core still seems like a better deal, considering it has the terrain, unless maybe you really don't want to play avengers/cabal.)

Is it possible to get the rules as a physical object? It's nice to have a physical book to flick to (although perhaps I'm just showing my age now).

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If you want to go to Kinko's and print+bind one, yeah. That's about it. I do like a big fat rulebook, but I've happily given those up in favor of rules that can be updated regularly.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Speaking of Spider-folk. Looks like we're getting a few more shortly.

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1599826417767923734?s=20&t=7qd4Cxk60sPqK_eH2nXdPw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently OG Peter is getting a rules revision in that four pack coming out later?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently OG Peter is getting a rules revision in that four pack coming out later?

We can’t call it confirmed because no one has the cards in hand nor has AMG officially referenced it, but the card they previewed showed him with 6 health instead of 5.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

is that Silver Sable? This game goes deep sometimes

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My guess is Spider-Woman and Agent Venom.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Floppychop posted:

My guess is Spider-Woman and Agent Venom.

It's this, she has the little web armpits and he has symbiote tentacles and guns

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hoping for Silk but Flash is good too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ngl when I first saw the shadows for a millisecond I thought "holy poo poo, Superior Spider-Man!"

I need old-school scarred blue costume Kaine for Web Warriors complete with Mark of Kaine incineration and precog spider sense

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
The box blurb for agent venom and spider women indicates that agent venom will be in the Guardians affiliation. I think if you want this box you will need to pre order, asmodee had been pretty terrible at keeping up a steady supply. The blurb indicates they are both likely to be in at least 2, more likely 3+ affiliations each.

It also is further proof that the leaked release list is accurate. So I'm wondering when we are going to see Shocker and Vulture. And if any of these new releases are leaders.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Hoboskins posted:

The box blurb for agent venom and spider women indicates that agent venom will be in the Guardians affiliation. I think if you want this box you will need to pre order, asmodee had been pretty terrible at keeping up a steady supply. The blurb indicates they are both likely to be in at least 2, more likely 3+ affiliations each.

? every recent box (Hydra stuff, Cap and Torch, Malekith) is currently available on Asmodee's store

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hoboskins posted:

Yeah, both seem like easy matches for Web Warriors. Eddie also gets Guardians, Jess probably A-Force and SHIELD too.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

admanb posted:

? every recent box (Hydra stuff, Cap and Torch, Malekith) is currently available on Asmodee's store
There have been long stretches of time where you couldn't order certain boxes for months in my locality. Venom, winter soldier/vision and kingpin come to mind. When I refer to stock levels I am referring to them keeping other distributers stocked up. Asmodee may have gotten better with newer releases but I never order direct from their store either.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

oh yeah older stuff can be rough. I know there was a bad patch for the Blade/Moon Knight box as well.

I don't think I've heard of issues with newer releases though.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, both seem like easy matches for Web Warriors. Eddie also gets Guardians, Jess probably A-Force and SHIELD too.

Just go all in and make Spider-Woman in faction for Web Warriors, A-Force, SHIELD, and Hydra.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Go really all in and make her the leader of a new Skrull faction too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They should just give her Rogue Agent

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Here's the full image. I dread transporting Agent Venom, and just playing him I'd be nervous of snapping a tendril, but the sculpt looks good.
https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1600188946444697600?s=20&t=Imn78tpTEgBixYFbClXAAw

Also some new terrain incoming. I might pick some up so I can make a table where the Weapon X bunker looks like it fits in.
https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1600551133604364288?s=20&t=Imn78tpTEgBixYFbClXAAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Agent Venom is an excellent argument for using magnets to anchor and transport miniatures.

Dying to see the cards for those two. I mean I am getting them even if they are trash, but would like them to not be!