Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I think the signature cards look cool but I wish they'd nix the doofy border

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
God drat I haven't played this since it came out that all of the higher ups are perverts and rapists, but I just got an email offering me 150 free packs and I'm feeling the back of my eyeball start to twitch.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Don’t

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I've been enjoying a lot of Rarran's videos but this recent one (where he and two other streamers took on an high-level player) was one of his best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTzW7pageQ

It was a lot of fun and also really cool to see someone talk through their decision making.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I've been enjoying a lot of Rarran's videos but this recent one (where he and two other streamers took on an high-level player) was one of his best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTzW7pageQ

It was a lot of fun and also really cool to see someone talk through their decision making.

Rarran was my favorite when I'd watch HS videos non-stop. Thanks for posting. Was a super fun watch.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Sir Finley Mrrgglton can get you the new DK hero power at cost 2: summon a 1/1 with charge, dies eot
Sir Finley of the Sands can get you the new DK hero power at cost 2: summon a 2/1 with charge, dies eot

Not sure what else can break the Hero Power discover pool to get the DK one yet

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Renounce Darkness can get you it. It also deletes all the cards in your deck since they have not been released yet, lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Quotey posted:

Renounce Darkness can get you it. It also deletes all the cards in your deck since they have not been released yet, lol

ahahahahha

small indie game

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is it me or has the game been terrible at disconnections since the last patch? I get diconnected constantly and most times I can't log back in.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
In the preopening of a smaller bundle, I got

DK: Alexandros Mograine
DK: Blightfang
Paladin: Liadrin
Warrior: Thori'belor (golden)

I can't judge on my own single sample, but a skeptical part of me is wondering if they're biasing drops toward DK legendaries. Interested to hear what others get.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I'm pretty excited about this expansion, and I think I'm going to cash in my dust hoard before it drops.

How much are other people sitting on?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

After 9 years of play, not crafting meta decks, and "only" spending $200 on the game - I have about 165,000 dust between the bank and extra cards.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Lister posted:

After 9 years of play, not crafting meta decks, and "only" spending $200 on the game - I have about 165,000 dust between the bank and extra cards.

That's quite a cache! You think you'll ever push the button?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I use my dust to craft Golden's for Wild Reno decks. :(

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I use my dust to craft Golden's for Wild Reno decks. :(

I'm slowly working my way toward ONE Reno deck, sans gold :saddowns:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Reminder that if you clear all your quests today, you'll have a full set for the expansion release

Also reminder to start an Arena run as that will also reset for free rewards when the expansion hits!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Any decks you guys are looking forward to playing? To me Arcane Hunter looks like the first fun Hunter deck in ages and midrange Paladin and Enrage Warrior look good too!

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Boatswain posted:

Any decks you guys are looking forward to playing? To me Arcane Hunter looks like the first fun Hunter deck in ages and midrange Paladin and Enrage Warrior look good too!

I'll definitely be playing something with Anachronos. Concoction Rogue looks fun and I'll have to try blood DK since I got Mograine.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AnacondaHL posted:

Also reminder to start an Arena run as that will also reset for free rewards when the expansion hits!

how does this works? do I have to put some effort into winning a couple and just stay at 2 losses?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

frajaq posted:

how does this works? do I have to put some effort into winning a couple and just stay at 2 losses?

All you have to do is draft a deck afaik

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Duels is resetting too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m super interested in triple blood death knight

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

frajaq posted:

When it resets you get rewards depending on your current wins plus a free ticket for another run.
So IMO it is best to try to get as many wins until you have 2 losses but if you really hate arena just start one and leave it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Reminder that if you clear all your quests today, you'll have a full set for the expansion release

why today? hows that work?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

do you just mean clear today and then don't do the respawns till launch?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Yes, the idea is the rewards track is front loaded so get a boost of all the saved quests through the first levels.

If you pay for the tavern pass (actually some nice cosmetics this time I think) it also gets you to the xp boosts quicker which should be a goal to convert the cash you paid into gold if you want to minmax what you squeeze out the game.

Same thing as starting an arena and heroic duel, free pack from both and like 10 dust or whatever even if you just pay and leave it cause you get the ticket refunded in the form of a free ticket and the rewards.

Even if you hate the modes you can use that ticket on the next expac for another pack and swap any additional free tickets you get you can just use and quit for another pack. Though most people don't hate stuff like arena so much they won't even play a free go.

Cast_No_Shadow fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 4, 2022

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
got a challenge a friend quest. quotey#2801 EU. grab it before the weeklies come in someone! 1800 experience

e: done

Quotey fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 4, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Quotey posted:

got a challenge a friend quest. quotey#2801 EU. grab it before the weeklies come in someone! 1800 experience

e: done

Should have saved that one for the new tavern pass to get a nice headstart for you and someone on your friend list. Even better if you have a buddy who has saved one as well.

Speaking of, I got a challenger daily stored and I am looking for an EU buddy who also has one saved up. If I'm already on anyones friends list (same name as here) and you have one as well, hit me up on tuesday evening after the expansion launched.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I think I only rolled the 'Friendly Challenge' quest once in all of Nathria so I'm a little bit bummed. It would have been nice to save one up for the new launch. Does the '7-wins' quest still exist? I remember back in the day that was the most valuable daily but I assume the change to XP got rid of it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Does the Fireside Gathering pre-opening trick not work anymore or am I trying too early?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Am I the only one who thinks the animated Arthas portrait they’re seeking looks a little weird? Not sure how to describe it

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the animated Arthas portrait they’re seeking looks a little weird? Not sure how to describe it

No, I'm seeing a lot of people saying they think it looks dumb which is a stronger word than a little weird but is probably similar. There's definitely something a little off about both that and the signature cards in my opinion, in different ways.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

No, I'm seeing a lot of people saying they think it looks dumb which is a stronger word than a little weird but is probably similar. There's definitely something a little off about both that and the signature cards in my opinion, in different ways.

imho they both look like hot garbage, for different reasons. The animated portraits look like something from runeterra or one of the other CCG competitors, and the signature cards are completely indistinguishable on smaller screens. I play on my phone and I literally couldn't tell a single one apart from watching the prerelase streams

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't mind the portraits, but the signature cards look absolutely terrible

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desert Bus posted:

Does the Fireside Gathering pre-opening trick not work anymore or am I trying too early?

I think it was only during the weekend. Regardless it’s less than 24 hours until the launch now

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Yeah the signature cards look absolutely terrible.

VS posted their theorycrafted decks btw: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/40-decks-to-try-out-on-day-1-of-march-of-the-lich-king/

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I wonder if Astalor + Voidtouched Attendant will be decent in anything. It's probably a dead card too often in an aggressive shadow priest deck, but maybe in a more midrange-y one

Looking forward to the priest and mage cards. Concoctions will probably be fun for a while too. I'm not really feeling the DK hype, but that might just be me not wanting to spend the 2k gold

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
There are some cool as hell decks in there but unless i open all the parts for them im probably playing aggro druid with lingering zombie day 1. I at least managed to save up enough gold to get a respectable 50 packs

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Luff posted:

I wonder if Astalor + Voidtouched Attendant will be decent in anything. It's probably a dead card too often in an aggressive shadow priest deck, but maybe in a more midrange-y one

Looking forward to the priest and mage cards. Concoctions will probably be fun for a while too. I'm not really feeling the DK hype, but that might just be me not wanting to spend the 2k gold

The concoction package looks kind of broken to me. Can't wait to play it!

I'm hoping that we get some viable, lean, aggro decks too. Looks like there's a good amount of late game stuff and I want to kick people in the face while they are trying to set up their 5 card combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

fanny packrat posted:

That's quite a cache! You think you'll ever push the button?

Ironically, I think it will be when I decide to quit. I'm telling myself this will be my last expansion, but I haven't pledged to stick to that. I'm very iffy on the addition of another class and I hate prince renathal on principle. They had hooked me with the tavern passes but I stopped buying them with castle nathria. I've got cosmetics coming out of my ears at this point. Then, I really wanted to like mercenaries but it just isn't good enough. I find myself playing less and less; might just hang it up soon.