Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

junan_paalla posted:

I'm loving it too, Elon musk is right, he should be shot into space with no chance he'll ever return. Seal the doors, cut the comms and let him be on his merry way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

More like username "bird with a small brain" amirite

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I liked that movie. Kind of. I guess it was entertaining and obviously had a huge message but the acting wasn't great, especially from Leo (and Jennifer Lawrence is bad in just about everything but I still like her for some reason), but it was kinda fun if you're drunk.

I like a whole lot of bad movies though. The past week or so I've been thinking of making a thread about that but I'm a giant pussy and only try to make threads that will be a hit.

I'll probably do it soon.

If you do make a Bad Movies thread, link me it. I like bad movies.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

eh let them strike, the amount of code those janitors were producing was miniscule anyway

elon musk is going to be killed by an avalanche of diet coke cans

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

god please help me posted:

If you do make a Bad Movies thread, link me it. I like bad movies.

Same. I love bad movies.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Sure but they weren't saying that people with small dicks get laid more than people with big dicks (or even should get laid more). They were well aware that women generally prefer their men not to have micro-hogs even if preference in exactly how big they wanted varied. They were just saying men should focus on intellectual pursuits, not the pursuit of loving. Also the Greeks believed small dicks were better if you were trying to get a woman pregnant because "the semen has less distance to travel from the penis to the vagina," so they obviously they weren't super geniuses.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Bad trashy movies are good. Good movies are good. super middle of the road generic movies are boring as hell. Always better to see a movie where they tried for something inserting and failed spectacularly, rather than one where no one really tried and they succeed.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The bargain basement “just doing this for a paycheck” stuff with Seagal and Willis is pretty funny too. No one is trying at all in any of those films and it’s fun to boo them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Total Party Kill posted:

More like username "bird with a small brain" amirite
birds are so smart most of them bypass having a penis at all and just squirt cum out their rear end in a top hat. truly a majestic beast.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aristotle or one of those other old Greeks believed flies had four legs because it just stood to reason that they would. no power in this world could make him check

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

dr_rat posted:

Always better to see a movie where they tried for something inserting

I do watch a lot of movies that fit this theme

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i only watch good movies with important ecological messages

https://i.imgur.com/YhQ7Inp.gifv

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I remember liking that movie as a kid. That and Supergirl

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

I'm a giant pussy and only try to make threads that will be a hit.

Sorry you never succeeded fam

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Breetai posted:

Just love that ol muskys biggest stans probably consider themselves futurists while simultaneously calling for the creation of science fiction technology by the person most likely to deliberately want to create the torment matrix.

Like, imagine what brain upload technology developed by a billionaire would look like.

Very funny seeing the people in the comments go "I was all pro-upload and then I read this story."

And then there are others still that go "Yeah I think I'd still be okay with it!"

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I liked that movie. Kind of. I guess it was entertaining and obviously had a huge message but the acting wasn't great, especially from Leo (and Jennifer Lawrence is bad in just about everything but I still like her for some reason), but it was kinda fun if you're drunk.

I like a whole lot of bad movies though. The past week or so I've been thinking of making a thread about that but I'm a giant pussy and only try to make threads that will be a hit.

That's okay, I like a whole lot of bad threads.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Did elon finally crash asleep from all that non-stop entergagement?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It's weird seeing the Garfield Eats and Blameless B threads leak into other threads in the forums. It's like some weird contagion.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I don't know what mastodon is but it's definitely not a twitter replacement as it fails the main twitter use case of "letting me yell at major corporations directly, instead of yelling at clouds"

The next year plus looks like it's gonna be a ridiculous set of twists and turns to arrive at some kind of "new normal" for soc media. Happy to throw a couple hundred bucks plus at liability-avoidance to run an instance through that storm, even if it's just another thing in the long list of year long projects I did and then abandoned to fester on the internet.

That said, there's a handful of content providers I was following who were already on mastodon and so that made me want to sign up to just continue to get those inputs, and at least messing around with standing up my own instance seemed like fun. So, here I am, $250 later.

Where is your link? Can I sign up too?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is it even illegal to kill monkeys

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Frank Frank posted:

It's weird seeing the Garfield Eats and Blameless B threads leak into other threads in the forums. It's like some weird contagion.

Blameless B?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

bird with big dick posted:

Is it even illegal to kill monkeys

In a 6-3 decision, monkeys no longer classified as ‘live’ or ‘dead’ but cyberpunk or lame

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Super behind on this thread but does any one know what's going on with Nitter? Page says it's down due to illegal activity?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Happy Landfill posted:

Super behind on this thread but does any one know what's going on with Nitter? Page says it's down due to illegal activity?

Works for me?

e: well, it's up but it seems like it's not fully working so idk

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

That's weird, it's been down for me for a week. Just checked now and instead of a Bad Gateway page it's just not connecting. The other instance I was using, nitter.hu, is also running really slow

Just tried the Twitter front page and without being logged in it's just a suggested feed full of right wingers, including rittenhouse, no way in hell am I giving them even a little traffic to check accounts I like

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1599949102963650560

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Elon Cult Compound looking good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The comments make an interesting point as to whether their HQ is even zoned for that.

Because I'd bet Elon never checked and just thought this up on a whim.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The comments make an interesting point as to whether their HQ is even zoned for that.

Because I'd bet Elon never checked and just thought this up on a whim.

Rules don't apply to rich people, though.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

god please help me posted:

Elon Cult Compound looking good.

jonestown here we come

e: elonestown

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

He really wants to push things into the chinese 996 system, plus boarding.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm american and I wasn't even aware of this euro/US beef. It's an analogy, not an attack on baseball, mom, and apple pie or whatever

It’s a very specific beef between people who live in places the big cruise ships stopover at and the rest of the world’s cruise ship loving chuds and gammons. I can imagine if you have only met people like Chuck and Barb as they wander round Dover going “why hun this place isn’t what they said it would be on the tee vee**” then they haven’t seen Americans at their best

**Dover is a shithole to be fair to every American who has failed to find anywhere nice to eat, it has cliffs and a lot of unemployed people

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CuwiKhons posted:

Also the Greeks believed small dicks were better if you were trying to get a woman pregnant because "the semen has less distance to travel from the penis to the vagina," so they obviously they weren't super geniuses.

Which Greek philosopher specifically are you quoting?

Obviously not Socrates, the dude who was forced to drink poison because he was banging too many people at age 70

e: It was Pythagoras wasn't it

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 6, 2022

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Obviously not Socrates, the dude who was forced to drink poison because he was banging too many people at age 70

well it does sound vaguely mathematical, all this measuring and distances and such

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I always assumed the “ancient Greeks thought small penises we’re beautiful” thing came about less as a formal rule and more that if you were sculpting marble dudes with huge hogs people would side eye you and someone would probably break it off to take home so best sidestep it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pythagoras' shirt (recreation, source: Athens Museum)

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Imagine getting kicked out of Plato's Akademia because your dick is too big.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

QuarkJets posted:

I was quoting what I remembered one of my old history professors saying when somebody asked about why Greek statues had tiny dicks, but upon googling it, the only article I can find referencing it has actually since removed the line. Maybe it was bad research. Idk, it's been ages since I've been in college. I did find this when I googled it though:

quote:

In his play The Clouds (c. 419–423 BC), ancient Greek playwright, Aristophanes, summed up the ideal traits of his male peers as “a gleaming chest, bright skin, broad shoulders, tiny tongue, strong buttocks, and a little prick.”

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

This thread is putting more thought into dick size than ancient greeks ever did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It’s funny that folks say ”an entire civilization believed X” because some random smallpenised greek goon wrote a play trying to claim that actually, small penises are cool and good! and 2000 years later someone finds this text and concludes that this totally was the norm and popular belief