Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

just got absolutely owned by the guy that gives a character death on all sides. my character with death hit a cantrip, died. one of my characters hit a copycat side on the same roll, died. wasn't thinking and hit reroll, another character hit copycat. run over next turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

ilmucche posted:

just got absolutely owned by the guy that gives a character death on all sides. my character with death hit a cantrip, died. one of my characters hit a copycat side on the same roll, died. wasn't thinking and hit reroll, another character hit copycat. run over next turn

This game loving rules.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

ilmucche posted:

and the claw won! fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 1, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Duderclese posted:

This game loving rules.

Hell yeah. I was on the subway and nearly gave a "you seeing this poo poo?" look around the car I was so impressed

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

This is the first time I have ever felt like I'm actually cheating at this game.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Last night I got a rampage side with three damage on the die that someone's a bones. And the way it works somehow the bones that got summoned would take one damage from the previous bones dying. And so I was able to just tap my way through every single fight on the first turn. I haven't had one of those infinite combos since the new version was released, and Buddy it felt good

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gahahaha.

Doctor and archmage orb.

Liquor: 20 healing. Archmage orb: level 12 item, extra healing is turned into mana.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
How does duplicate interact with cantrip sides?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Would be kind of neat for blursed if you could choose to delete a curse instead of take a blessing, so if you do pick up a crippling curse you only need to deal with it until the end of the run rather than just quitting out of the whole thing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah. IMO the synergies between blessings/curses are pretty important for staying alive long-term. If you've been relying on mana generation blessings to keep pace using Burst and then you draw a choice like "slow spells" vs <insert godawful always-bad curse here>, you're kinda hosed (since gambling on a random curse WILL stick you with burst cooldown or something, just because gently caress you)

e: you'd end up with an interesting split in the decision-making process too. People could either go for a cautious survival strategy and try to shoot for the highest possible round count, or choose curses carefully and build up to a record number of max curses.

Also I would like Blursed Generate to be a thing, I want a randomly blessed and randomly cursed party of random assholes with which to die randomly

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 4, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Finally beat Custom Party four of a kind Hard for the cleave redirect item. Didn't really do anything too crazy, ended with a Warlock/Chronos/Sorcerer/Weaver/Shaman team that let me build up Mana with Warlock and Sorcerer and then have Chronos let Weaver do the double-your-mana side twice so they could poo poo out spells and lucked out with Dragon instead of Hexia.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Also I would like Blursed Generate to be a thing, I want a randomly blessed and randomly cursed party of random assholes with which to die randomly

Agreed. We demand more RNG!

You should also make the next update a paid DLC because you deserve more money for this masterpiece.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was thinking, it might be nice if there was a little "new" indicator for items that you've never picked before, since sometimes I lose track. Both for the achievements rewarding you for picking stuff, and just to further encourage players to experiment.

Also, died on floor 256 on Blursed. I was starting to realize I didn't have a solid cleave or range situation on that set of 20, and then that dude who summons slates showed up and I also didn't have zap or any quick way to take them down so that + an archer hangin' in the back finally wrecked me. Oof.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Martman posted:

I was thinking, it might be nice if there was a little "new" indicator for items that you've never picked before, since sometimes I lose track. Both for the achievements rewarding you for picking stuff, and just to further encourage players to experiment.

This was one of my favorite things Hades did, and I like a lot of things about Hades an awful lot.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It would be nice if locked things didn't show up in random curses. Multiple times the first time I've seen an item or monster has been when it came up with a curse.

Would also be nice to have a classic blursed because some unlocked items (potions) really suck

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Blursed has decided that I'm not allowed to get past 70 runs. I don't know what the odds of rolling triple X three times in a row on 3 people's dice but maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Just had a Twin equipped with Statuette and Faerie Dust. Two 10-health heroes with four 3-pip mana sides each, for the price of one? Yes please

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
First hard classic victory done.

Dragon final boss with the first spell +2 mana curse.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
oh hey ! I didnt realize this was a goon game. Bought it last week after watching NL play it and been loving it! And I usually hate 'mobile' games!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Still working on stupid stuff :)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tann posted:

Still working on stupid stuff :)

Oh man, please tell me that's the result of some kind of summoner or monster copying class!

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Curse: Lycanthropy: On odd levels, middle hero is a wolf.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Inside you is five wolves

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yessss. Randomly generated, randomly cursed and blessed heroes with random items fighting random monsters. Let chaos take the world

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1/1000000 spawned monster that bricks your phone when you lose, when

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Any plans to release this on steam?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

You see this? This is the kind of godawful poo poo that keeps me coming back to Generate

It took them like 100 rerolls, but goddamn if these idiots didn't land a turn-zero Hexia kill without taking a scratch

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mildly disappointed that there isn't a secret for winning a battle without dealing damage to the enemy :v: .

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

New Leaf posted:

I don't know what the odds of rolling triple X three times in a row on 3 people's dice but maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.
There are too many complicating factors to really give an accurate estimate, but I don't think it's lottery-rare, especially if you play a lot. Maybe you should expect to see something that bad after around, say, 150 games to the level 20 boss if extra re-rolls didn't exist, so even sooner than that in practice.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Dancer posted:

Mildly disappointed that there isn't a secret for winning a battle without dealing damage to the enemy :v: .

You're not thinking big enough.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dr. Stab posted:

You're not thinking big enough.

There is a secret for losing a battle without dealing a single point of damage?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Secret for winning the game without getting into any battles.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hey Tann, I just encountered a major bug but moved on from the game state before remembering to report: monster Eliminate sides are not always targeting the character with the lowest HP.

Details: I had a fight with four Goblins. The top two rolled a basic damage side and the bottom two rolled an Eliminate side. They all targeted my Fey, even though it was on 5 HP and my Initiate was on 4 HP.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
They target the lowest health after taking into account the already incoming damage.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dr. Stab posted:

They target the lowest health after taking into account the already incoming damage.

That's still an issue, then, because the Fey would have been dead after the second Goblin attacked.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

Secret for winning the game without getting into any battles.

See, I wanted to try this, but with how many summoners there are in the game I figured there's no hope.

You'd have to assemble some busted combo super quick, and Bramble would still end your run.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hah holy poo poo.. I just killed The Hand in a single round on Blursed. Chaos Wand + Prism, wipes out both minions and basically any additional damage will smoke The Hand.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 7, 2022

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Got to 133 in blursed. The save spell and blast spell blessings are so good.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Finally got the under 40 turns achievement. Ran into basalt but Wanderer with a plus growth from Red made short work of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Wittgen posted:

Got to 133 in blursed. The save spell and blast spell blessings are so good.

I take save nearly every time I see it. It enables so much, gets you through floors, combos with 3rd spell free really well.