Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Meh, they've reckoned it to within 1%, what the hell more do you bums expect without paying for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

how many significant digits do your gallons have

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I'd like to purchase one hogshead of your liquid product, please.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

First of May posted:

Sir, this is a modern brewery. We measure volume in beer barrels. One of which is equal to 31 US gallons or 36 imperial gallons in the UK. It's very simple...

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I would absolutely struggle working in brewing in the states. We work in litres and hectolitres, metres and millimetres, grams and kilograms, and everything is easy.
It was a trip working in Canada in my old industry and suddenly cables were in feet, not metres. Except when they weren’t. Just metric everything, imo

Also I cannot stop reading bbl as “bubble”.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

First of May posted:

Is that a hog fed on town or country bushels?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

High

Precision

Gallons

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

It drives me nuts too to see 4.6e^-5 gallons/minute but yes, that is how our software puts it. If it’s any consolation, buyers can change it.

Edit: and yes, it doesn’t change to ml, units are set per fluid and don’t change.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 6, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-s-4KPtD8

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TaurusTorus posted:

4.6e^-5 gallons/minute

cant stop laughing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Had a meeting today, got some clarifications on stuff. End of production on the SMD lines is probably gonna be end of Feb/beginning of March, end of production at wave solder will probably be within days of that. Not expecting to still be employed by my birthday (4/14).

Plant director pulled me aside after the meeting to confirm my hire date with me (I'm the only person on staff who's worked there under 5 years). Once that was confirmed he told me they're going to treat me as if I'm fully vested in my 401 and pay me the full amount they owe me on match since I'll never be more than 3.5/5 years, which was something I wanted to talk to him about at some point. They're gonna pay 3 months of COBRA for all of us, too.

I'm pretty bummed out, this is the best job I've ever had, the benefits package was sweet (grandfathered in to paying $14/check for health insurance lol, everyone who left early immediately regretted it when they got a new job and did their 90 days because of that, specifically), and I'm gonna miss pointing out our poo poo on TV and going, "yeah I made all the circuit boards in that because my plant is the only one in the world that manufactures that product line."

Shed a tear for us when/if you watch the halftime show next year.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 6, 2022

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

Had a meeting today, got some clarifications on stuff. End of production on the SMD lines is probably gonna be end of Feb/beginning of March, end of production at wave solder will probably be within days of that. Not expecting to still be employed by my birthday (4/14).

Plant director pulled me aside after the meeting to confirm my hire date with me (I'm the only person on staff who's worked there under 5 years). Once that was confirmed he told me they're going to treat me as if I'm fully vested in my 401 and pay me the full amount they owe me on match since I'll never be more than 3.5/5 years, which was something I wanted to talk to him about at some point. They're gonna pay 3 months of COBRA for all of us, too.

I'm pretty bummed out, this is the best job I've ever had, the benefits package was sweet (grandfathered in to paying $14/check for health insurance lol, everyone who left early immediately regretted it when they got a new job and did their 90 days because of that, specifically), and I'm gonna miss pointing out our poo poo on TV and going, "yeah I made all the circuit boards in that because my plant is the only one in the world that manufactures that product line."

Shed a tear for us when/if you watch the halftime show next year.

I got an SMD line for you right here pal

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ben shapino posted:

I got an SMD line for you right here pal

SM Deez nutz.

No, wait. Ow. Stop.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Someone deleted my company email address. Like I can't sign in because my username no longer exists.

I'm either fired or work for the most bumbling loving idiots on the continent or both.

I need another job.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

kntfkr posted:

Someone deleted my company email address. Like I can't sign in because my username no longer exists.

I'm either fired or work for the most bumbling loving idiots on the continent or both.

I need another job.

And let me guess, you can't put in a ticket because you don't have email? You are now the forgotten employee. Don't have to do any work, but still collect a paycheck.

Zil fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 6, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zil posted:

And let me guess, you can't put in a ticket because you don't have email? You are now the forgotten employee. Don't have to do any work, bust still collect a paycheck.

yeah I say let it ride

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

My boss asked me about making a hard seltzer. I think I've traveled back in time to the year 2019. Maybe he'll ask me for a brut IPA next.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Escape From Noise posted:

My boss asked me about making a hard seltzer. I think I've traveled back in time to the year 2019. Maybe he'll ask me for a brut IPA next.

When are you going to make a cider?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Zil posted:

When are you going to make a cider?

I don't know. The problem with doing anything other than beer basically is that it's a different license. I can technically make cider, seltzer, or mead, but it needs to include a certain percentage of malt.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I don't know. The problem with doing anything other than beer basically is that it's a different license. I can technically make cider, seltzer, or mead, but it needs to include a certain percentage of malt.

Oh I know, I was just being an rear end because your bosses seem to like chasing trends instead of just focusing on one quality product.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

malted cider sounds like it could be interesting imo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like an abomination.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

TaurusTorus posted:

A machine moves between multiple teams and shifts over days, and if I squirrel away the caps I may not be present when they are finally needed, and I won't know in advance who to give them to. People do remove the caps then put them in bags secured to the machines, but people just steal the caps from those too.

I kept thinking about this, and I'm wondering if there's a common work area for every shift/team, and if so, why don't you:

1. have a "cap bin" in that area, and when you receive the machines to build, all the caps go in there. People are stealing caps from other machines, so I'm assuming that the caps aren't tied to a specific machine, ie, they are fungible in that regard

2. the machine is built, capless

3. before shipping, someone grabs a cap from the cap bin and stick it in the finished machine. Since all the caps correspond to one machine, and they aren't lost/destroyed in the bin, then the number of caps should always match.

this probably doesn't work for your purposes, but i kept thinking about this last night. i kinda like trying to solve these stupid problems

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Space Kablooey posted:

i kinda like trying to solve these stupid problems

get certed in cGDP/cGMP process then work it for a half a decade, and your entire life can be this forever after giving yourself another mental illness!

I want to be a fly on the wall at OP's work for a couple shifts after everything they posted

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Zil posted:

Oh I know, I was just being an rear end because your bosses seem to like chasing trends instead of just focusing on one quality product.

Oh. Duh. Yeah. It's kind of the issue I have. Hard seltzer also doesn't really make sense here. In the US it makes sense because it's like a weird tax loophole. It especially made sense before canned cocktails became legal ly available for sale. Here the tax on our fermented hard seltzer is going to be pretty high and canned cocktails, most very similar to hard seltzer have been available forever.

MrQwerty posted:

malted cider sounds like it could be interesting imo

Some breweries have done it here with some success I guess. A former boss makes it but it's apparently pretty bad.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just make a regular cider and then drop some malted milk balls in it when you serve it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sir, this is a modern brewery. We measure volume in beer barrels. One of which is equal to 31 US gallons or 36 imperial gallons in the UK. It's very simple...

Oh ho we manufacture for the global market so everything is done in mL but because of the government we also have to report everything in gallons for tax purposes.

Regular imperial gallons? Oh no, my friend, you're going to report that rum in wine gallons.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

Oh ho we manufacture for the global market so everything is done in mL but because of the government we also have to report everything in gallons for tax purposes.

Regular imperial gallons? Oh no, my friend, you're going to report that rum in wine gallons.

I'm so glad I don't have to gently caress with this poo poo just grams and liters.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Precision wine gallons.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wine should be measured in god's own unit: the 3 litre box-bag.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

get certed in cGDP/cGMP process then work it for a half a decade, and your entire life can be this forever after giving yourself another mental illness!

Another one? :sigh:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I was talking to a co-worker, who told me once on a client call, the client specified that we include "1 kilogram = 1000 grams" on every batch record

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

I was talking to a co-worker, who told me once on a client call, the client specified that we include "1 kilogram = 1000 grams" on every batch record

This product must be for Americans.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Zil posted:

And let me guess, you can't put in a ticket because you don't have email? You are now the forgotten employee. Don't have to do any work, but still collect a paycheck.

That's pretty much my working day anyway. No work, waiting for emails that may or may not come. The downside is I live in fear of losing this do nothing job that pays the bills.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Machai posted:

Just make a regular cider and then drop some malted milk balls in it when you serve it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

If you willingly choose to work cGxP stuff, with your coworkers, you already had that one anyway.

As you will find out.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
It‘s amazing how utterly terrified Americans have learned to react to unit conversion in general.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
excel does it for us

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Neco posted:

It‘s amazing how utterly terrified Americans have learned to react to unit conversion in general.

I have worked exclusively in metric for nearly a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Space Kablooey posted:

I kept thinking about this, and I'm wondering if there's a common work area for every shift/team, and if so, why don't you:

1. have a "cap bin" in that area, and when you receive the machines to build, all the caps go in there. People are stealing caps from other machines, so I'm assuming that the caps aren't tied to a specific machine, ie, they are fungible in that regard

2. the machine is built, capless

3. before shipping, someone grabs a cap from the cap bin and stick it in the finished machine. Since all the caps correspond to one machine, and they aren't lost/destroyed in the bin, then the number of caps should always match.

this probably doesn't work for your purposes, but i kept thinking about this last night. i kinda like trying to solve these stupid problems

This is the first time I've ever seen 'fungible' in the wild without referring to NFTs.