Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Finally finished my hell project that I've let lie on my work table since July, due to me not wanting to deal with it when it decided to get extra annoying.

It's a Darkoath savager conversion made to look like a friends D&D character from an old campaign we played in. Hopefully I can get it sent to them as a christmas gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
A guy on Facebook sold me 3600 points of Nighthaunt for $200 shipped because his dog chewed up a handful of the models (even though they seem fixable). :toot:

I'm excited to get into these spooky boys.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Sounds like a deal. What did you get?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Sounds like a deal. What did you get?

Nagash
Black Coach
Kurdoss Valentian
Dreadblade Harrow
Guardian of Souls
Spirit Torment
Krulghast Cruciator
25x Chainrasps
16x Grimghast Reapers
4x Spirit Hosts
5x Glaivewraith Stalkers
9x Dreadscythe Harridans
9x Myrmourn Banshees
(with probably more of the normal Units in the chewed up bits box to fill out the units)

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Wow, very nice and spooky!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/02/miniature-of-the-year-2022-voting-is-now-open/

The Mini of the year vote is up by the way.

Also hints that the Loonking Court is coming out this year since its up on the voting options amusingly enough.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
It’s been on the roadmap for December since they teased it in October: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/21/warhammer-underworlds-roadmap-carve-through-the-gnarlwood-with-the-return-of-organised-play/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This close to the holidays I keep assuming that they're going to push major releases into the next years. v:v:v

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
My gnarlwood and direchasm boxes are arriving tomorrow, so if I end up enjoying the game I’ll absolutely get the moon goblins, after the cow elves the moon goblins are my favourite designs in the AoS universe

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/02/miniature-of-the-year-2022-voting-is-now-open/

Also hints that the Loonking Court is coming out this year since its up on the voting options amusingly enough.

Voted for gnarlwood because the king and his kids slap

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Voted for the StD army box (don't know why they make you vote for them all together) but the Daemon Prince is an absolute triumph of a model and everything else in the box also rules

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That just seems to be a thing with this years vote. Maybe to drive down the number of entries? :shrug:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Cooked Auto posted:

Love that it doesn't include pics of the options

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Probably a shortcoming of whatever poll service they're using for it.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I voted for blackpowder's buccaneers. Love a good pirate

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
No crab, no vote. :colbert:

Anyway I've played two games of Age of Sigmar this year! Both in the last week, both were Deepkin against Nighthaunt, and both were blowouts for the ghosts. I gotta learn the whole game again lol. Maybe I should take a Soulrender and hope to just strangle his general to death to bypass the no rend + ward horseshit.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Ech bit the bullet and bough sce battleforce. Figured that if I can get rid of vanquishers and vigilators I get dragons, annihilators and relictor for 60$

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Does anyone have the instruction book for the Nighthaunt Black Coach they can take pictures of? R/Warhammer instructions doesn't have it.

I found nagash and kurdoss online. My box of demolished models came in...

But there's a ton of not demolished models!

Not bad at all for the price I paid, even if I can't get the big pieces back together.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Count Thrashula posted:

Does anyone have the instruction book for the Nighthaunt Black Coach they can take pictures of? R/Warhammer instructions doesn't have it.

Just email GW customer support about it and they'll mail you a PDF copy of the instructions. Done it like twice in the past without any issues.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I want to give a big fat warning to people getting AoS underworlds, in this case gnarlwood but also direchasm, be very careful with pushing the pegs of the figures into the holes, the plastic is much more fragile than you expect and the way the models are cast means that weak points are located either on or around the pegs, I almost accidentally broke one of the legs of the skeleton knights (thank gently caress I noticed the bend starting before it was too late) and let me tell you the neighbors had a great time listening to the shriek I let out.

I think I’ll settle for glue thanks.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

In that case just snip off the assembly pegs, or large parts of them, and then glue as you see fit.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

As someone who learnt the hard way with the starter 2nd edition box full with "easy to build" stormcasts and ghosties... always snip the pegs.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The pegs are lies and slander, always clip them. They're guides to figure out how to put things together at best.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Al-Saqr posted:

I almost accidentally broke one of the legs of the skeleton knights (thank gently caress I noticed the bend starting before it was too late) and let me tell you the neighbors had a great time listening to the shriek I let out.

was it the left leg of the twohander guy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

peer posted:

was it the left leg of the twohander guy

YES HOLY poo poo WHO THOUGHT THAT LEG WAS IN ANY WAY GOOD FOR A PUSH PEG

it's really annoying because in the direchasm box one of the elves shoulder pads wont close the gap no matter how hard I press the pieces together and got too freaked by the skeleton knights out to try my luck, those things are insanely weak and fragile! I even broke a peg that connected a cape to a back so I had to glue it on, and the top ring of the staff of the cow elf leader was torn in half in the box on the sprue!

really bad moulding design, but I managed to fix it, and overrall I'm really excited to start painting them soon.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 4, 2022

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
This is good to know; I just bought Gnarlwood for myself for my birthday and I HATE losing even a single mini.

Also, Al-Saqr - it's been awesome and encouraging seeing your posts in this and 40k thread, because it looks like the same sort of thing I'm doing with my friends in terms of getting them into the smaller games. I hadn't even given Underworlds a consideration before I started seeing you post about it, and it's SO SIMILAR to this old Marvel tactics tabletop game a bunch of my friends still play. Granted, I've gotten sucked into the hobby part of the games and have been assembling and painting instead of playing, so you've got one up on me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/04/sunday-preview-fight-for-the-fate-of-middle-earth-with-the-battle-of-osgiliath/

Grinkrak’s Looncourt is going up for pre-order next weekend. And also a Rivals deck.
And that's about it really.

Oh, and Munchkin Age of Sigmar. If someone wants to buy that for some reason. v:v:v

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 4, 2022

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I assume Steve Jackson needed to pay for another publishing of GURPS.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I assume Steve Jackson needed to pay for another publishing of GURPS.

Holy poo poo the guy who created the fallout battle system is the guy who created Munchkin?! that's crazy!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

I assume Steve Jackson needed to pay for another publishing of GURPS bathroom.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

This is good to know; I just bought Gnarlwood for myself for my birthday and I HATE losing even a single mini.

Also, Al-Saqr - it's been awesome and encouraging seeing your posts in this and 40k thread, because it looks like the same sort of thing I'm doing with my friends in terms of getting them into the smaller games. I hadn't even given Underworlds a consideration before I started seeing you post about it, and it's SO SIMILAR to this old Marvel tactics tabletop game a bunch of my friends still play. Granted, I've gotten sucked into the hobby part of the games and have been assembling and painting instead of playing, so you've got one up on me.

Hey man thanks dude, I’m just really enjoying these games, im looking forward to trying out underworlds with friends soon, the digital version was what convinced me to buy it since I really enjoyed it when I tried it out. let us know how you and your friends like the game and let’s see the minis when you’re done with them!

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Finished a great mawpot. Staffed by a butcher and grot with carrots.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The Underworlds giant skelly's head/arm combo piece snapped for me while clipping it out. Luckily the head just tucked into a slot anyway so it wasn't so bad.

I almost snapped that two-hander skelly's leg too. It's such a narrow connector with a push peg on it.

To make the pegs easier, I shaved the tips of them down a little bit so they were conical and fit together better. I did glue everything afterwards though.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've come into possession of a big pile (~50)of night goblins with spears and bows, a troll and the 10 spider riders from an old WHFB boxed set. How are Night Goblins as an army in AOS? Would the big ol' Christmas box of squigs be a good way to expand that or do I want more spiders and trolls?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ravendas posted:

The Underworlds giant skelly's head/arm combo piece snapped for me while clipping it out. Luckily the head just tucked into a slot anyway so it wasn't so bad.

I almost snapped that two-hander skelly's leg too. It's such a narrow connector with a push peg on it.

To make the pegs easier, I shaved the tips of them down a little bit so they were conical and fit together better. I did glue everything afterwards though.

I didn't but one or two of the heads kind of bent slightly before they finished going together, and the shoulder took a bit more force to get together that I didn't expect

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I've come into possession of a big pile (~50)of night goblins with spears and bows, a troll and the 10 spider riders from an old WHFB boxed set. How are Night Goblins as an army in AOS? Would the big ol' Christmas box of squigs be a good way to expand that or do I want more spiders and trolls?

They're about to get a new Battletome and the rumors are that it's gonna be solid. Their book right now is absolute dogshit but everything they've been putting out for 3e AoS has been really solid, so I'd definitely keep them.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

They’re about to get a new book, so you can’t really say what models are worth buying now, however the battleforce boxes are a decent discount for the units you’re getting. I haven’t heard any specific rumors yet, but GW has pushed the squig side of the goblins so much, that it’s hard to envision those units not being at least decent in their update (can’t say if you’d wanna run both mangler squigs, for example.). If you’re interested in any of the squig models, I’d say it’s probably worthwhile to pick up. You’re basically getting the second Mangler squig for free, if you like everything else.

Trolls & spiders are kinda the big question mark at the moment, because up until now they’ve been hindered by lackluster subfaction rules together with lack of unit variety in those sub factions. However, AoS3 has been making efforts to increase building flexibility, especially in armies that used to have these problems, so…. We’ll see how this shakes out.

Edit: oh yeah, and the regular goblins you got will likely be fine for whatever the book shakes out to be, short of something like pure troll spam. Maybe even trim the spears off a couple, give ‘em nets, and they’d be great.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Dec 6, 2022

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
You'll probably want the bow gobbos at least, they're good enough to sometimes even be allied in by orcs, mostly just to absorb wounds but that's fair enough.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Is there a way other than eBay to get singles of big-unit models? This used Nighthaunt army I bought has 1-2 models missing from most of the units, so it's not worth buying a whole box to fill it out, because then I'm still in the same predicament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Trying out Warcry tonight for the first time. I love how thematic it is, but I'm suspecting I'd rather just play Underworlds.