Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Straight facts here. Tua needs to be benched, especially for that week 18 game against the Jets.

https://twitter.com/tdphinstalk/status/1599595786362187777?s=46&t=q9DmYPW987inpgq0_BXz4w

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

If I learned anything from Angels in the Outfield it's that the solution is for Mike McDaniel to legally adopt Tua.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
"Costed"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

is pepsi ok posted:

Mike McDaniel to legally adopt Tua.

I'm for it.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

t a s t e posted:

That fins@bills night game is gonna kick rear end

But ugh it’s going to be coooold.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

fsif posted:

And also I don't think Wilson beats that safety.

Wilson in stride, not lunging for the ball, stays at top speed the whole time and blows the top off of the defense. Shame it was a bit long from White, but honestly a nice sign to see this season

edit - also yeah I pulled this from three pages ago, I'm excited about GW

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

tarbrush posted:

I assume the Dolphins will be bringing their own heaters and suchlike

Dumpster fire play doesn't count as heat

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Bills are nice and gave the visitors heated benches.

But it would be a shame if they malfunctioned during that game and the Dolphins were subjected to the elements with minimal ability to mitigate them. A real shame.

Lmao y’all are still crying about this after all.this.time

Always the new ones

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Have you heard anything about why Elam got scratched? Their explanations don’t make sense

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Omnikin posted:

Wilson in stride, not lunging for the ball, stays at top speed the whole time and blows the top off of the defense. Shame it was a bit long from White, but honestly a nice sign to see this season

edit - also yeah I pulled this from three pages ago, I'm excited about GW
Hello fellow person that knows Garrett Wilson owns.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
GW still does unpolished poo poo on his routes. He's going to get better and he's already this good. I don't see why he won't be a 1500 yard guy at some point in the future if they can get OK QB play.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

GW still does unpolished poo poo on his routes. He's going to get better and he's already this good. I don't see why he won't be a 1500 yard guy at some point in the future if they can get OK QB play.

The player he reminds me most of is CeeDee Lamb---not the most technical of route runners, but absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. I don't know if you can ever assume a WR will be a 1500 yard guy, but he is already a star and has superstar potential.

Is Tre White playing a meaningful amount of snaps yet? Because him v. Wilson should be a fun matchup.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If the Dolphins lose in Buffalo it won’t be because of weather or injuries.

It will be because of the refs, obviously.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Have you heard anything about why Elam got scratched? Their explanations don’t make sense

I haven’t talked to Abe in a hot minute - holidays and all. I’ll find out sometime by next week - we have the same event next Tuesday!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

I haven’t talked to Abe in a hot minute. I’ll find out sometime by next week - we have the same event next Tuesday!

🙏🏼

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

The player he reminds me most of is CeeDee Lamb---not the most technical of route runners, but absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. I don't know if you can ever assume a WR will be a 1500 yard guy, but he is already a star and has superstar potential.

Is Tre White playing a meaningful amount of snaps yet? Because him v. Wilson should be a fun matchup.

Yeah he was back at near 100% last week. Xavier Rhodes of all drat players was the #2.

Re: Elam, I feel like making a rookie a healthy scratch is kind of a McDermott-ism. Several other high profile-ish draft picks (Epenesa, Basham, Moss) got unexpectedly benched during their rookie years. They really don't like playing rookies unless said rookie completely forces their hand or the alternative is Nathan Peterman.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

Yeah he was back at near 100% last week. Xavier Rhodes of all drat players was the #2.

Re: Elam, I feel like making a rookie a healthy scratch is kind of a McDermott-ism. Several other high profile-ish draft picks (Epenesa, Basham, Moss) got unexpectedly benched during their rookie years. They really don't like playing rookies unless said rookie completely forces their hand or the alternative is Nathan Peterman.

Abes pretty… active, for an nfl dad, so I imagine he’ll be free (and honest) with info

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

In most years only a couple of guys get that kind of yardage and they're usually playing with top QBs so maybe tap the brakes a bit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Your expectations are insane mcmagic

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Your expectations are insane mcmagic

He's going to have ~1100 as a rookie and it takes rookie WR's a few years to get up to speed for the NFL. He has a very high ceiling.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's going to have ~1100 as a rookie and it takes rookie WR's a few years to get up to speed for the NFL. He has a very high ceiling.

Maybe he will. He also just had his best week of his career and you’re flying high on him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Maybe he will. He also just had his best week of his career and you’re flying high on him

The Browns game was his best game probably due to catching 2TDs and the game winner. I'm not any higher on him now than I was then.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

NFL players aren't RPG characters who can just grind and continually increase their stats. He's good. But just because he's young it doesn't mean he will automatically get a +500 manna boost every season. Ja'Marr Chase nearly had 1500 receiving yards as a rookie last season. Doesn't mean you should have penciled him in for 2000+ yards this season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
^^^ ding ding ding

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

NFL players aren't RPG characters who can just grind and continually increase their stats. He's good. But just because he's young it doesn't mean he will automatically get a +500 manna boost every season. Ja'Marr Chase nearly had 1500 receiving yards as a rookie last season. Doesn't mean you should have penciled him in for 2000+ yards this season.

yea Ja'Marr is a good example. he's still amazing this year and does some things better but he was on pace to have a similar season again this year pre injury. when you're near the top it requires insane poo poo to suddenly jump another 20%.

just be happy you have a real #1 WR for years to come. it makes many parts of the offense a lot easier

Nov 6, 2002

Like, Diggs has been the #1 target in a series of fairly aggressive passing attacks his entire career and he's broken 1500 yards just once.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

1500 Yards is like top 5ish in the NFL in a 17 game season. 2000 yards is like top 5 best WR season of all time. It's not the same kind of assumption lol.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Garrett Yacson

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol ok mcmagic

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“I only expect him to be top 5 in the league by year two how is that ridiculous?”

He asks in a DIVISION where you can argue he’s #5 in top 5.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll stick up for mcmagic. Garrett Wilson has top 5 upside and there are now 17 games in a season.

I don't think a 1500 yard season should necessarily be the expectation, but I think at this moment I'd say Wilson's talent makes me think it's close to a 50/50 shot he'll get there one year.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I'll stick up for mcmagic. Garrett Wilson has top 5 upside and there are now 17 games in a season.

I don't think a 1500 yard season should necessarily be the expectation, but I think at this moment I'd say Wilson's talent makes me think it's close to a 50/50 shot he'll get there one year.

Who is throwing to this hypothetical 1500 yard Jets receiver?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He definitely has the potential

To expect it of him year 2 with that QB list like it’s a guarantee is lol worthy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Who is throwing to this hypothetically 1500 yard Jets receiver?

Who said anything about it being on the Jets? :gurf:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

It's not an expectation. I'm just saying the guy has a high upside. It shouldn't be controversial lol

Nov 6, 2002

Well we're arguing with you because you literally phrased it like it was your expectation.

quote:

I don't see why he won't be a 1500 yard guy at some point in the future if they can get OK QB play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Who is throwing to this hypothetical 1500 yard Jets receiver?

Kirk Cousins sucks and Jefferson is still putting up insane numbers....

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Kirk Cousins sucks and Jefferson is still putting up insane numbers....

A few years ago you were drooling over Kirk Cousins. He blows up in crunch time but he's one of the most efficient passers in the league and way better than anybody the Jets have had on their roster since Pennington or 11 games of Brett Favre.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Like, Diggs has been the #1 target in a series of fairly aggressive passing attacks his entire career and he's broken 1500 yards just once.

…and Diggs was second fiddle to the running game and a 1A/1B with Theilen during his time in Minnesota. He's on pace for 1700 this year, so he'll most likely be at 1500 for two of his three seasons as the actual focal point of the offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A few years ago you were drooling over Kirk Cousins. He blows up in crunch time but he's one of the most efficient passers in the league and way better than anybody the Jets have had on their roster since Pennington or 11 games of Brett Favre.

I wanted Cousins the same way I wanted Jimmy G last off season. He's like the 20th best QB in the league and a professional player and that was a good option for the Jets considering the QB play they have gotten over the last decade. None of that means he doesn't suck now.

This thread just can't handle me saying anything positive about any Jets player without it becoming a complete poo poo throwing contest. lol